- File Size: 314 KB
- Print Length: 36 pages
- Publisher: Kanthan Publishing; 2 edition (April 30, 2013)
- Publication Date: April 30, 2013
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00CMLP460
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Not Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #236,337 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Deconstructing Monsanto Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
More About the Author
A sample of his works:
* Greece Debt Crisis - What You Are Not Being Told By The Media http://bit.ly/1KIWstM
* Interview about "Deconstructing Monsanto" http://bit.ly/10XQQ3U
* How GMO-free Diet Changed My Life http://bit.ly/17SwKSS
* The Default is Fake Food http://bit.ly/17k1sAS
* Let's Crowdfund GMO study http://bit.ly/1n0pjzc
* March Against Monsanto http://bit.ly/19RyWoB
* About our Fake Economy & Fake Capitalism http://bit.ly/1ucghRJ
* GMO Labeling and Prop 37 http://bit.ly/NUkhlS
* Understanding the Troubling Trends in America http://bit.ly/1vl7zxm
* Elections in Greece http://bit.ly/JhH1ey
* The Fed's Giant Ponzi Scheme http://bit.ly/1QP3C4R
* Why we shouldn't go to war with Syria http://bit.ly/183Lt8o
* Lessons in Economics from Thailand http://bit.ly/1dxVvES
* Crisis in Ukraine: In-depth Discussion http://bit.ly/1cS15hz
* Zombie Economy, Living Bubble http://bit.ly/1SIwU2q
* The Vaccine Conundrum http://bit.ly/1AcGVgI
* Angelina Jolie's Mastectomy and Media's Lobotomy http://bit.ly/1ZZqCCN
* Marketing for Activists http://bit.ly/12zBFlH
* Facebook Valuation http://bit.ly/Jwegf0
* Obama's Debate Performance: http://bit.ly/10dsjIJ
Top Customer Reviews
In a span of 16 years, Monsanto -- best known for being the chemical company responsible for Agent Orange and Roundup -- has taken over the food supply of Americans (and much of the rest of the world). With no oversight by the FDA or any other regulatory agency, the company has pumped our food full of carcinogens. As much as 70 percent of the food in your average grocery store is GMO and full of poison. Is it any wonder that our food is making us sicker and not giving us the nutrients we need? How do you feel about feeding your family this kind of food?
The author has done a great job showing why assurances that GMO crops are safe are empty promises. The truth is, nobody knows the longterm impacts of GMO exposure (because Monsanto has effectively shut down scientific studies), but it doesn't take a genius to understand that if most of the food you eat is GMO (which it is), you're consuming vast amounts of herbicide. You know: That stuff you're supposed to not inhale or have touch your skin when you're spraying the weeds in your backyard.
If you're at all curious about what the big deal about GMO food is, why people around the world are leading movements to label GMOs, and why entire countries have managed to outright ban GMOs and Monsanto -- this easily digestible book is for you. I highly recommend it.
1) People who know nothing about GMOs
2) Ardent anti-GMO folks who are looking for a good place to point non-believers
3) Pro-GMO folks who are open to better understanding the topic
4) Anyone who wants to absorb "controversial" information in a pleasant non-confrontational conversation-like manner
In the end this topic is really about common sense and I believe Chris demonstrates a lot of that in this piece.
Buy this--as I have--and encourage others to as well!
What a meticulous and methodical research you have done!
I had read some media reports recently, about the GM crops, the herbicides and pesticides that are in use nowadays. Those reports gave me an impression that they are well researched, tested and very safe to use. So I never bothered to check for a label in any of the products (American/Indian) that are marketed in India. Just can't believe that FDA or EPA just approves them without testing them. No wonder cancer, obesity, infertility and other new health issues are on the rise!
Suing the farmers for pollination, which is a natural event and monopolizing the whole world by causing imbalance in the ecosystem...just can't understand how some people can be that evil! Won't their conscience hurt? What will Monsanto's bigwigs and government policy makers feed their family? Organic food?
[Speaking of Organic foods, are they 'truly organic'? It would be nice if you could throw some light on this matter.]
And to see that GM seeds are being introduced by Monsanto in India, is really scary!!
The hyperlinks at the appropriate places to support your argument in this book, has given me more information to extend my hands in support and spread the awareness to my near and dear ones!
This book has surely made an impact on what I will eat and feed my family from now.
Keep up the good work.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Informative, but very frightening. Can't believe what I am eating.Published 4 months ago by Merry D
I Love all the info I can get, about GMO, I just wonder how long , before Monsanto forbit it, to write the truth about themPublished 9 months ago by Tini's Mom
Short, easy read. Clearly presented. Arguments against GMOs well done.Published 9 months ago by Amazon Customer
why not give it a 5? Kindle runs a similar scheme that is denounced in this article:U can't even make a print out of this file, shame on U , this is not very kind!Published 17 months ago by WALDEMAR ROBERTO RUZISCKA
I like the Q&A format used in this book of one friend talking to another about the nightmarish changes taking place in our food supply. The book is informative and insightful. Read morePublished 18 months ago by Avid Book Reader & Collector
For those who have not studied the issue this easy to read book is a great review of the issues surrounding COM foods and ways to avoid eating them. Well documentedPublished 19 months ago by Lee Bennett
Very clever dialog allows the reader immediate access to the subject. I was looking for a quick summary, this book in very brief fashion achieved that. Good read.Published 19 months ago by G. Knoop
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Nutrition
- Books > Science & Math > Biological Sciences > Biotechnology
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > One hour (33-43 pages) > Health, Fitness & Dieting
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > One hour (33-43 pages) > Science & Math
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Nutrition
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science & Math > Biological Sciences > Biotechnology