4.0 out of 5 stars Great Product
Published 20 months ago by Howie

3.0 out of 5 stars Feel nice and strong
I am pleased with these items but not with the shipping thus the lower rating. I have already posted a review on the shipping of this package but nothing was done from Amazon about it (with the exception of a full refund with the return or exchange for something in my shopping cart) so this is my next step.

The box they came in was damaged on both ends. They...
Published 23 months ago by workenbrian

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, May 10, 2013
This review is from: Dee Zee DZ371533 3" Round Stainless Steel Tube Steps (Automotive)
I had DeeZee step bars on my 2002 Silverado installed in 2004 and they looked as good when I sold it this year as when installed so purchased the same for my 2010 Silverado. It only took about 1 1/2 hrs to install. They really looked sharp as a final edition to my pickup that was already equipped with the optional chrome package. The only set back I found was that the brackets were not stamped for Left, Right, Front or Back and the instructions had little detail to aide in that regard so I went on line to get an idea of placement. To help you out the short brackets go in front and should be installed so the side plate is facing to the front of the vehicle. Long brackets in back, the one with the wider side plate on drivers side facing rear of vehicle.

5.0 out of 5 stars stable nerf bars, November 13, 2013
put these on my truck before I went to work, very simple and fast. they are solid, clean and stable looking.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good deal and product, January 20, 2012
Awesome product at a competitive price. I searched many websites before settling with Amazon.com. This was exactly what I was looking for and installation was a breeze on my 2011 Sierra. These look fantastic on the truck. I did view a video on install before I purchased and I did not need a breaking bar to loosen the body bolts. I had them installed in one hour and I absolutely love them. Would recommend this product to anyone looking for nerf bars. The three inch are just right.

3.0 out of 5 stars Feel nice and strong, March 4, 2013

The box they came in was damaged on both ends. They were shipped through Fed Ex and on one end it looked so bad that they actually had to retape it with packing tape. When I opened the package I found 3 dents on the steps. Both pieces were dented on an end where they attach to the frame supports. I was not happy about it but these would be completely hidden underneath the truck and the dents did not affect usability. However, one of the pieces has a dent about 4 inches from the end but on the inside of the curved section. I decided to install them anyways as the dents are not noticable under the truck and I bought them on sale for $179 on Amazon Prime, with 2 day shipping and no tax. I would have lost money had I returned these to buy another pair at regular price of $230ish.

Installation was pretty easy as I have an air compressor that made removing the body mount bolts a piece of cake. If you have to do it by hand tools be adviced that it will take a bit longer to install. I had them both installed within an hour of starting. My wife and I are both in the heavy side of 250+ weight range and these hold us up nicely. I love the look and my footing also feels secure when stepping on it.

5.0 out of 5 stars step bar, April 16, 2014
Looks good on my pickup, I recommend the chrome version. I originally bought it for my wife so she could get in the truck without a ladder(Kidding)

5.0 out of 5 stars wrong pic, April 7, 2014
they have the wrong picture of the product for one that fits a crew cab. After reading other peoples reviews I ordered anyway. Shipping was fast and the step tube were the proper part for a crew cab.

5.0 out of 5 stars would definitely recommend, March 4, 2014
These are great quality for price. Looks great on my 2013 silverado. Came with everything needed. Looks great & made to fit.

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to install, February 28, 2014
Installed this on a 2006 Chevy Silverado Quadcab. Followed the directions on removing the cab mounting bolts and surprisingly they came out easy. Installed took me about 1.5 hours using all hand tools, not pneumatics here.. And there not needed.
The wife loves the new steps.. I've had them installed for about 2 months now.. Driven thru a lot of snow this year and they are holding up well. Would have rated 5 stars, but deducted one star for the product packaging. UPS dropped the box and it bent the end (no biggie as it was going under the cab anyways) but DeeZee should expect that UPS or whomever Will drop the box.. It's a big box. A better box would have prevented this and we'd be looking at a 5 star rating. Steps as I said are great and easy to install.

5.0 out of 5 stars very easy to put on, February 12, 2014
I bought the wrong style somehow for a crew cab, and I have a extended cab , Amazon help do not understand trucks, I sent them back to sender with a note of the problem, and they sent me the correct ones and assembly was very easy. A week or 2 later Amazon finally catches up with me that they resolved it. A man gotta do what he must

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor service, January 9, 2014
web site said these were the right ones as soon as I ordered them it said they were the wrong ones. Within the hour I tried to stop the order, but could not get ahold of any one , two days later they sent a message saying they were shipped. later that day they sent a message saying they would try to stop order , but they didn't . Now if I want to return them I have to pay shipping both ways which is more than the running boards cost.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›