5.0 out of 5 stars This book will bring you joy!
Published on March 31, 2000 by Keri-Lyn

2.0 out of 5 stars A pablum approach to heart-centered living . . .
Published on October 21, 2002 by Maureen

5.0 out of 5 stars This book will bring you joy!, March 31, 2000
Keri-Lyn (Lisle, Illinois) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Deep Breath of Life: Daily Inspiration For Heart-Centered Living (Paperback)
This delightful book will definitely lift you up when you need an inspirational message. Sometimes, I read daily devotions or other motivational books and eventually stop reading them -- This book is not like that! It "hits the spot" when I need an instant mood change or something to pick me up out of the doldrums...or just when I need a different perspective at the end of a day. Sometimes, I read several entries at a time. I often share pertinent insights from this book with friends, and I am convinced that some of the gems of wisdom from this book are single-handedly pulling one of my friends out of a mid-life crisis. This author is truly blessed with the ability to touch the common with the divine. This book touches people - let it touch you!

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the most inspiring books I've ever read!, July 17, 1999
Sheri Baker (Atlanta, GA USA) - See all my reviews
A Deep Breath of Life is an absolute joy from beginning to end. It's as uplifting and thought-provoking as are all of Alan's books, but this one is truly a gem. If you want to explore your spiritual nature, expand your awareness of life above and beyond the material realm, and experience an inner peace on a deeper level than ever before, this is a must read. If you're like many people and your good intentions outweigh the time you can dedicate to reading, then this book is an especially good choice for you. There's a message for each day of the year which includes a quote, a short story, a prayer and an affirmation. A Deep Breath of Life is filled with soul-searching anecdotes and positive thoughts; without a doubt one of the finest ways I can think of to begin a day. Although it was designed to be read one page per day, I must confess I couldn't limit myself to the requested pace. Perhaps it's my impatient nature, but more likely it's Alan's unrivaled mastery of verbal expression deep with insight that keeps you from putting this book down. At the beginning of the book, he takes your heart into his hands, treats it with special loving care throughout each glorious page and then returns it to you much more open and healed. Enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Still good the third time around, June 13, 2003
I hadn't looked at this book for a few years and recently started reading it again for the third or fourth time. There are some days when the reading doesn't really touch me and other days when it's exactly what I need to hear. I've attended three short seminars given by Alan and find him to be a loveable, real human being. I stayed around after one of the seminars and went out with a small group to have dinner with him. There are some 'teachers' who seem to don a mantle of self-importance and wouldn't consider breaking bread with a lowly seminar attendee. Alan is certainly not one of them. So, five stars to Alan and all of his books.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best daily inspiration book out there--it has it all!, July 14, 1999
I think A Deep Breath of Life is the best daily inspiration book out there. It has it all--heartwarming and humorous stories, with inspiring messages and powerful prayers and affirmations that gently lift me from any feelings of anxiety or sadness to that loving, peaceful place of empowerment and joy. What a wonderful way to start the day! I have also made Alan's book my number one gift for all occasions to family, friends, colleagues, and others I meet who may appreciate its daily dose of loving, spiritual nourishment. In fact, since I bought my first copy several years ago, I have given away 48 copies of A Deep Breath of Life!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Deep, Refreshing, Rejuvenating and joyful breath of life!, January 6, 2002
Someone recently gave me this book as a gift and I have since given away 6 more copies! Wisdom in bite-sized digestable daily pieces that seems to magically be just what I need to hear on that particular day. Not only does Alan share wonderful inspiring and insightful stories, but this book is a great reminder of the power of metaphor in our own lives. I find now on a daily basis I am making deeper meaning of my own life experiences...recongizing and recording those little "ah ha" moments that happen each day.
The people I gave the book to as a gift have since called to thank me, reporting that they felt the message was written specifically for them on that particular day. They are now passing on copies as gifts to their friends. The wisdom in this book is a "pass it on" kind of thing...just too good to keep to yourself.
The biggest challenge with this book is to simply allow "one daily inspiration" to be enough and let it really sink in. I keep wanting to read ahead!

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantistic book to use daily for spiritual isspiration, September 7, 1999
By A Customer
I met Allen at a seminar he gave in Albuquerque..which inspired me to buy three of his books . This particular book is a wonderful ,inspiring compilation of stories that will give you the daily inspiration you need to stay on your Spiritual path.I highly reccomend buying this book ,and using it daily in your spiritual practice.The books I purchased will be treasured in my collection for many years to come.

2.0 out of 5 stars A pablum approach to heart-centered living . . ., October 21, 2002
This book came to me highly recommended, so I was doubly disappointed. Cohen does better in his other books, but this one is "spirituality lite," big time. The format is standard for this genre: A page for every day, with a catchy title. A quotation to spark your interest . . . his sources are varied, and this part is okay, though not particularly inspiring. music, contemporary writers, scriptures, with the most prevalent being "A Course in Miracles." Then comes a thought-provoking paragraph or two . . . and here the disappointment takes hold. Cohen tells obviously-created stories which he claims come from his personal experience, or trite examples from the lives of famous people. Sometimes he quotes stories from world religious traditions without attributing his sources (as on June 12 where he tells the well known Buddhist tale about the man and the tiger, stopping to taste a strawberry as he falls).
Next comes a prayer/meditation. These are good. If you do buy the book, turn first to these italicized sections near the bottom of each page. May 7, for example, "Spirit of Love, open my heart. Help me to be at peace with all my relationships . . . " Then an affirmation, and these range from excellent (as on May 7, "I create peace with my loved ones and myself" to the banal (July 10 - "God's timing is perfect.").
Save your money. Choose another book for your daily meditations.

5.0 out of 5 stars True Daily Inspiration, October 7, 2005
Lamar Bevil (Greenwell Springs, LA United States) - See all my reviews
I've been reading daily meditations for many years but this one surpasses them all. I bought a bunch for those friends and relatives who are interested and they rave about it, too. Top-notch, first class book. You won't regret your purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best books of daily affirmative living!, February 16, 1999
By A Customer
While I have only been working with this book for a short time, it has been of great value to me. It is easy to read, making the prayers and affirmations more "real", if you will, through the short stories Mr. Cohen uses to illustrate an idea. I have found great inspiration in each page which helps me stayed centered throughout my busy days so that there is more of me for myself and my family. I have shared some of the affirmations with my children and friends, and they, too, have felt warmed and inspired. A definate must-read for anyone seeking to live more from the heart.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another beautiful addition to Alan's work, March 10, 2006
I love anything by Alan, and I lemjoy this book for its daily message format. I pick it up at the end of the day or when I feel a spiritual boost, turn to the date and read the passage. He never fails to uplift my spirit and help me get back on track. This would make a lovely gift.

A Deep Breath of Life: Daily Inspiration For Heart-Centered Living
A Deep Breath of Life: Daily Inspiration For Heart-Centered Living by Alan Cohen (Paperback - January 8, 1996)
$13.95 $10.50