Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Format: Paperback|Change

on May 27, 2006
Don't be fooled by it's small size, it is a gem and the simple, concise and clear instructions in this book are enough to take you into your own True Essence. I have been meditating for over 20 years and have found this little book to contain the essence of meditation practice. As a 'true' westerner, I have been given to various experiments over these years....save lots of wasted time and follow the deep simple path started by Yogani in this and and the further books of this series.
I echo the previous reviewer David's enthusiasm! If you have tried to meditate and become discouraged, this is the book for you. Both beginners and experienced meditators will find this slim book contains everything they need to access states of alert relaxation in simple, easy-to-accomplish steps.

I must own at least twenty books on various meditation methods, and Yogani's silent mantra approach is the most easily accessible of all the ones I've tried.

What I find so useful about Yogani's approach is that the silent mantra can continue anywhere you go. On the bus yesterday I was amused to notice how every sound I heard became the mantra reflected back at me. So meditation becomes not just sitting for 20 minutes twice a day, but allowing the meditative state to overflow into all your activities. Once you have 'tasted' Yogani's gentle approach in this volume, you may want to access his Advanced Yoga Pracitices lessons also. Excellent teachings!

On the internet at: [...]
22 comments|57 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 12, 2005
This may be the most clear, consise and complete meditation instruction booklet in existence.

Do not let its small size and low price mislead you -- Yogani has put a lot of great work into making it small and accessible.

The meditation technique taught inside it is at once one of the simplest as well as one of the most powerful for producing spiritual transformation. It was used by the sages of India throughout the ages, and also in various monastries and spiritual communities throughout the world, including some of the Desert Fathers of early Christianity. It was brought into some prominence in the West by Sivananda and others over the last century.

Yogani teaches it expertly. Read every word with care.

Whether you are new to meditation, or have meditated before in which case it will be great review, read it, follow the practice, and read it again occasionally. Like its author, it will be a gentle, unassuming, but very powerful guide.
on August 3, 2011
So I've been reading about spiritual development and meditating for a few years now, and I was always experimenting and practicing with a hodgepodge of different disciplines. I was having mixed results and never was quite sure if I was getting the most out of my efforts. After experiencing some serious imbalances in my energy system (intense and bothersome energy in the center of my head) I began searching for some new angles of approach. I found this series here and let me tell you...

THIS BOOK (and the next one on Spinal Breathing) IS ABSOLUTELY ESSENTIAL FOR ANYONE LOOKING INTO MEDITATION!

In fact, I would say this entire series is essential for anyone serious about personal development and uncovering their true potential. I'm not saying you can't get this information anywhere else, I'm just saying you can't get it in such a concise, understandable, and well presented way. It essentially took all the bits and pieces of knowledge I've collected in my own personal search and showed me how they fit together.
on September 5, 2010
This book, and all its practices, has been like a finger pointing to the moon. Truly, my life has changed as a result of integrating deep meditation and spinal breathing. Where I once was lost, I now am found. Where I once was blind, I now see.

It is amazing what is inside us. Truly amazing, now that I have begun to touch the inner stillness and feel the esctatic conductivity and divine radiance flowing through me, outward to the world. The "me" is not the ego, but just my little body, my little mind, my little vessel for the outpouring of divine love.

What is perhaps most beautiful about Yogani's elucidations of these ancient practices, is, that he remains anonymous. There is no picture on his website. There is not detailed biography or marketing scheme in his series. IT IS ONLY THE PRACTICE. This is PURE GIFT. He has given us a PURE GIFT by so clearly, so precisely, and so effortlessly trasmitting these methods to those of us who have spiritual yearning. And when I say "those of us", I mean everyone. Everyone is entitled to drink the purest love, which is abounding in the universe. Everyone drinks it uniquely, and expresses it uniquely, but it is available to all of us, as lost or confused or troubled as we may be. Here it is, right now. May you find the path, and dance with the source of all being.
on August 22, 2007
This is the book that got me started on Yoga, and this is a great book and practice to start with - deep meditation.

I have read a few books on meditation and most are too technical - telling you how you should sit, think, feel. After trying and dropping many meditations styles and becoming frustrated I realized what Buddhist meditators and the like have been saying all along - meditation is NOT TRYING. Yogani makes this clear that all you need is a bit of Bakti (motivation) and 20 mins of free time.
At first I was skeptical of the fact that his section of HOW to actually "DO" the meditation was so short, but in this section he tells you literally ALL you need to know and assures you that your nervous system and spirit will take care of the rest. He instills the notion that we are not meditating - we are being meditated.

I can't stress enough the essence of this book being simplicity and how effective it is, you just gotta trust the man! If you are someone who feels you "know nothing" of meditation it literally doesn't matter. You don't need to know anything to begin this lifelong practice. I was so suprised to find that I was still following the practices after half a year and see myself continuing onward and onward. That's because it works.

The section on FAQ's is extremely helpful as well as it answers many "beginner" questions everyone has when beginning meditation.

I think the biggest strength of this book is that Yogani has a way of teaching that reassures you just enough to get you past the "not much happening" phase, and that is where most people fall off the wagon.
on August 4, 2013
I've experimented with meditation off and on for years (more off than on). I read one book on the subject and went to one temple in my time, but both didn't click for me. Years later, today as a matter of fact, I came across this book. I read the whole book in a couple of sittings and got my two, 20 minute meditations in. While I can't vouch for the long term benefits/results, I can tell you that I felt more calm and centered today. Even after my first meditation this morning, I felt different in some way, in a good way. I think the reason I've lost interest in meditation before is because it's been presented to me as some complicated thing. The author of this book presents it as something super easy and effective, which so far, it has been. In fact, my only apprehension with following the author's guidance was the 20 minutes. Really? I have to carve out 40 minutes during my busy day for meditation? Well, first of all, you don't need to be in a dark room with candles and incense chanting strange mantras for hours. You can be on a bus, in a waiting room, in the car (not driving of course!) or in a dark room with candles and incense if that's your thing :) Secondly, 20 minutes actually goes by very quickly when doing this meditation. Every question that popped into my head about the meditation was quickly answered as I continued to read.

I also love the fact that the author doesn't try to interject any of himself into the book. He simply sticks to informing the reader on how to meditate. No fluffy anecdotes about himself or other people he knows.

Looking forward to seeing how things go as I continue this meditation. Highly recommend this book for beginners. It's probably great for more experienced meditators too, but since I am not one, I can't really say one way or another from that perspective.
on April 22, 2011
I bought this book already knowing that I wanted to increase my knowledge of meditation and to start using it in my every day life. This came from my discovery of meditation after beginning my Yoga practice. I rather accidentally began meditating during yoga, and found it to be a wonderful calming and pleasant experience. I was shedding stress by the pound daily, and have continued to do so. I was feeling the benefits of this simple, yet undirected, meditation and wanted to understand it better and begin a more formal meditation process.

This book helps me do that easily. Meditation is not hard. It couldn't be simpler. This book brings forth some insight into what can be expected from deep meditation, and what are some very helpful general guidelines as to when to do it, and most importantly How to do it. It will literally tell you very simply how to open the door for meditation in your life. It's very short, and can be read in an afternoon, even with stopping a few times to re-read a section or ponder what it means to you. It's probably a little short for being around ten dollars, but I wouldn't have passed on this book at all. I have really appreciated this book for its simple and direct appraisal of deep meditation. I only wish I had started this years ago.

I'm now reading the rest of this series from AYP, and they too are simple, insightful and a delight to read.
on July 7, 2013
I paid for meditation classes 40 years ago but stopped usung it about 20 years ago. Recently I decided it was time to fix that and started up again. I wanted a book that could take me through what I had been taught long ago, and bought this because of the reviews and the price. I am here to tell you to not let the low price put you off - this book is the real deal. It is a very fast reading book and is basically the exact style that I spent lots of money for before.

If you are thinking of taking up meditation, this book is all you need to start. Just by it and begin to transform your life!
on March 21, 2008
If you have only one book in your life it should be this one. Without this one all the others mean nothing. This book and the lessons inside are without a doubt essential to each and every person. You will learn all you need to know about mantra meditation in a simple and easy to understand way.