Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing Learn more

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon February 4, 2014
I had been hypnotized many years ago during one of my attempts to quit smoking. It worked surprisingly well, except that it didn't last very long - like maybe a day - and I had to use a cassette tape recording of the session to re-hypnotize myself each morning...and I have never had enough time in the morning, especially for 40 minutes of hypnosis. I also always thought coming out of it felt a bit like waking up from a nap, which also isn't ideal for productivity first thing in the morning.

But that experiment showed me that hypnosis does work, at least for me, and does have value, and using it at night to fall asleep neatly turns the drawbacks into advantages. I'm not sure why I didn't think of something like this before; I've always had significant trouble falling asleep.

Since my old experience was with an actual live hypnotherapist, I still had a healthy amount of skepticism about whether this would work.

It did. It does. Beautifully, actually. I waited to write this until I had a few weeks of consistent use to back me up, and if anything, it's even MORE effective than it was the first time. The session talks about it reinforcing itself with repetition, and he's right. Last night I dropped into a state of profound relaxation in about the first 90 seconds.

WRT the warnings from other reviewers about it not really being free: it is free. The download comes with a bunch of sessions and only the first one is free, but you can listen to that one as often as you want. I didn't register my download either, which hasn't impacted performance and hasn't subjected me to spam. (The registration process asks for your email address. I can't confirm that registering it will generate spam, but since there doesn't seem to be any reason to do it...)

My only real complaints are that it seems a little buggy - I tried to shut it off midway once and couldn't, and the opening music isn't very consistent - and that whoever wrote the script didn't use the best grammar. Particularly jarring is when that occurs during the questions the dude asks. For example, he'll say something like, "you're feeling very relaxed, won't you." There are a handful of these bad English cases where the first few times I listened, the misused contractions surprised me enough that I started to untangle his sentences before I realized I had stopped listening.

So, 4 stars instead of 5, but my experience has been good enough that I'd happily pay for this...though since the free session does the trick, I haven't felt the need to buy any other sessions. Seriously, this has worked more consistently than even the high doses of sleeping pills I sometimes need. If you're an insomniac or even if you just have trouble relaxing before bed, I highly recommend this.
0Comment|149 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 17, 2014
I've struggled with insomnia for a while, trying many remedies. I came across this and decided to try it. The man on the recording was saying weird things, talking about how "this was your time", and I had serious doubts. Yet 15 minutes into the 32 minute track, I was asleep. It works, no matter how weird it sounds.

I give it only four stars, because it gives you one for free, intended for a nap, and the rest you had to pay for. I didn't buy any,and used the nap one, which worked perfectly. I know there is one for Deep Sleep, and one for Nightmares, which might work well for others. Still, I recommend this for anyone who has trouble going to sleep!
0Comment|90 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 4, 2013
I like this app a lot. It helps me fall asleep quickly, and once sleeping I have stayed asleep longer than I usually do. I have been having problems with anxiety about work keeping me from falling asleep and once I finally do drift off I have stupid anxiety dreams that wake me up. This app has worked really well for me so far. I have had two good nights of sleep in a row!
on January 6, 2014
I'm one that has serious sleep problems. I have a hard time going to sleep and I never stay asleep for over an hour. I listened to this for the first time this morning and was amazed. I. Fell asleep for just over 2 hrs. When I woke up it was because my dog woke me. I felt rested and relaxed. I hope things will continue to go this well as I use this app.
on December 5, 2013
I am one who tosses and turns all night and seem to be awake more than asleep. That was until I tried this Mindifi sleep hypnosis. I've been using this for a little while now. I feel better than I have in years. It uplifted me when I am going through my day. And I look forward to rest now, instead of avoiding sleep. It's like a great spa treatment for your soul.
on January 4, 2014
I was so happy when I found this app only to open it when I first got it to notice that every hypnosis session cost. I'm not happy with this app. I do love the water background and sound though.
11 comment|112 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 19, 2014
Once you download, you are prompted to buy a number of sessions. Download is free, so no harm done, but don't fall for it.
11 comment|109 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 1, 2013
Just no. Only one piece is free. If you want more than one track, be prepared to pay. There are infinitely better free apps available.
44 comments|68 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 4, 2013
Recently I have changed job shifts which has left my sleep schedule very erratic. I have been looking for a solution to help me to get to sleep and believe that I may have found it. This app gives you access to a soothing relaxation recording which is ideal in helping you to be able to get to sleep or stay asleep. I can go to sleep much more quickly now without the assistance of sleep aids.Our lives today are so hectic and full of worries, but this app can help you to unwind and relax so you can have the energy to face the day. I highly recommend this app for anyone who suffers from high anxiety or insomnia.
on December 2, 2013
I like this app, yes the first one is free, but the others I was interested in, so I bought them. They teach you how to put yourself in a hypnotic state. Several of the apps, Nightmares, Insomnia, Deep muscle relax are all ones that apply to me. I`'ve used several of the free apps, they do not have the ability to put you TOTALLY in a relaxed state in order for me, at least , to be able to go to sleep. This one does. It's worth the money.