Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Deep Theta: Brainwave Entrainment Music for Meditation and Healing
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro STEM

on November 3, 2011
In a career spanning over 35 years, with the release of his latest CD, "Deep Theta" Steven Halpern proves that he is not only still in the game but is "in it to win it" as evidenced by its debut on the Billboard new age chart at number 9 with a bullet. This is no small achievement in that it is the first album of it's kind to place in the top ten of the prestigious Billboard chart. The subtitle "High Coherence Soundscapes for Meditation and Healing," alludes to the fact that the focus of the music is to help entrain the brain waves of the listener into the `theta zone', which is the second slowest wave pattern and is characterized by deep and blissful relaxation that nurtures the heart and soul. Utilizing his trademarked Aural-Sync technology, the music is further enhanced with subtle sound waves in the theta range, which ranges from 4 to 7 cycles per second.

While some may find this fascinating and for others it may be a bit on the esoteric side, be assured that "Deep Theta" can be enjoyed purely as a recording of exquisitely beautiful music, without needing to focus on the intention behind it. Over the years, Steven has explored various musical elements including up-tempo rhythms, world music, chant, and much more. However, "Deep Theta" is the classic dreamy sound that many people have come to associate with him - often referred to as the "Halpern effect." One of the distinguishing features of Steven's music is the way non-linear time, space, and silence, are integral parts of the music. As a listener, this kind of music makes it easier to get into the timeless present moment. This is some of the best music for meditation that I've experienced in a long time.
11 comment|259 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 29, 2012
I have many new age, meditation, classical and jazz cds that I use for relaxation. This Steven Halpern cd is now my favorite one. I can listen to it for hours on end while I read, write, use the computer, or just veg out on the couch at home or lounge at the pool. I especially love the tracks with the ocean wave sounds mixed in with the electronic music. I definitely am in the theta brain wave state while listening to it, and I know that's the reason it is so much more soothing than any other cd that I own. It is really great for eliminating any anger or anxiety that I may be feeling. I believe it's also improving my sleep. I give this cd the highest possible recommendation!
0Comment|131 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 12, 2012
It is indeed the most relaxing easy to listen to music available. This music can be listened to all day long for a most relaxing way to spend the day even while busy at other tasks.
on May 3, 2013
I listen to this CD with headphones when I go to bed. The music feels like it bounces back and forth in my head. It is an amazing feeling. Relaxing and soothing sounds. I feel good in the morning when I wake up.
on July 14, 2012
I wasn't sure what to expect when I purchased this cd, but I have to admit I'm impressed. I like to use this cd while meditating to block out some of the subtle sounds that would normally have me deviating from my meditation. I've also noticed that I'm much more clear afterwards with the addition of the cd and perform tasks better. If you are open-minded to such things, this would be an excellent cd to try.
on January 11, 2013
I play this for my clients while they are having a massage or craniosacral session. None of them meditate, and I would love for them to experience the stillness of the mind in meditation. I don't know if that happens, but they feel even more deeply relaxed than when I play other music. I also play this CD when I feel negative, upset or frustrated about something that I cannot change. I helps those emotions to lift quickly. I feel calm.
on April 28, 2013
This CD vibrates the mind and is a great tool to use if trying to relax or sleep. I don't recommend while driving or studying.
on October 31, 2011
Beautiful, I recommend this great relaxing music. The sounds are so delightful, thank you. I enjoy all music by Steven.
on August 25, 2014
This CD offers unique tones to dissipate and subdue the over active mind. By listening to Theta waves, they are associated with dreaming sleep, super learning, creativity, and deep meditation. They are also associated with emotional surges, self-reprogramming and spiritual experiences. If you’re interested in becoming better at problem-solving, be more spiritually connected, intuitive, imaginative, creative and physically relaxed, you’ll want to spend more time in theta.
on April 17, 2013
I love this CD and gave it a 5 star rating. I use it at night when I go to bed and I
think it works on my brain while I sleep; I wake up refreshed. Not sure what's in it but
it is wonderful. I recommend this to anyone!