Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Deer Stags Men's Times Plain-Toe Oxford
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Look Park Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on October 3, 2011
These used to be great shoes, as can be seen from the numerous positive reviews. But the most recent model is all plastic not leather. I bought a pair last November thinking it was the same model I have been enjoying for several years.
Not so, they lasted 6 months, being easily scratched, not flexible and eventually peeling on the sides...

Avoid these is my advice!
1111 comments| 79 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 4, 2013
Bought my first times back in 2003 and were the best most comfortable dress shoes I ever put on.. been through a pair about every 3 years and bought a pair in 2011 and they tore up the back of my foot at the top of the shoe.. it hurt and bled. thought it was just a badly made pair.. so I bought another a few months later and same thing.. what they did was change from good leather to some immitation leather that digs into your skin until you bleed.. deer stags ruined what use to be my favorite shoes!! cheapen something good up management trying to make a penny and lose a dollar.. and lose your long time customers.
on February 15, 2010
Deer Stags has the worst customer service known to man. I contacted them in 10/09 about shoes we received as a present that fell apart. They said to return them and a new paid would be sent in 2-4 weeks. I sent them, got signature confirmation on the package and they were signed for by the company. I heard no word from them and contacted them 5 times total from October 09 until now... I was completely ignored. I finally had to file a BBB complaint today. Yeah the shoes are nice IF THEY DON'T FALL APART. If they do you are out of luck since the company ignores you after trying to get replacements from their warranty. Be wary about this company. If you ever need to contact them prepare to be ignored and ignored and ignored.
on December 20, 2014
UPDATE 2 With the decline in quality control, i searched the web for a shoe as comfortable as these and found it: Dunham by New Balance Men's Burlington Waterproof Oxford available here on Amazon. After a short break in, they feel every bit as, and even a bit more comfortable as Deer Stags. Yes they cost more, but if you want the comfort of deer stag, these are the ones. From the Dunham reviews, there may be some size issues for some, but amazon return is great.
UPDATE: After 7 months with the shoes, they need to be replaced with something else.
These are fine as long as the air cushion lasts and my died after the first week. You will first notice a yellow powder on the outer part of the soul, meaning the seal is broken. I did wear them for another 6 months, but they need to come off after a half mile walk. I also noticed my shoe sole is starting to separate.
Pro: The most comfortable show for walking as long as the air cushion lasts
Con: Air cushion the first to go.
Sole starts separating within 6 months.

Advise: buy something else. Good only if you need to wear them a few hours a week.

Original post
I was going to try Deer Stags again. These USED to be the best shoes on the market for comfort. Over the years it has been downhill. I thought I would give it one last try...
In the 90s I used these on the flight line. Insulated, waterproof, an excellent air cushion system - what more could you want. The soles would wear out before anything else.
The last pair I purchased two years ago, the air cushion was the first thing to go. Then eventually the top and bottom separated within 6 months.
This time, the air cushion was gone in a week. Still holding together, keeping my feet dry but we will see.
If anyone out there has found a replacement for this shoe, please post it for the rest of us.
on June 6, 2011
This Deer Stags Oxford is described as a shoe with leather uppers. I was disappointed to find, the shoe is all plastic. I returned the item and will contiune to shop for a real leather shoe.
on September 6, 2013
I've had a pair of deer stags for years, same model, so I ordered these because of the durability of my originals. They've changed the model. Even the shoelaces are crappier. After one week they have started getting scuff up and I'm having difficulty polishing the scuffs out, unlike my previous pair.
on March 21, 2013
The fit and quality of Deer Stags Times casual dress shoes have really declined. I have owned several pairs over the years. About two years ago I bought a pair at a local store because they were on sale and within two weeks the upper part of the shoe split. Deer Stags replaced the shoe but did not reimburse me for the shipping cost. I didn’t start wearing them until late last year because my old pair still looked or wore well. At the end of 2012, I unpacked the replacement pair from Deer Stags and after about two weeks of wear, the replacement pair’s right shoe upper split.

I bought a pair from Amazon and the fit and comfort is not as good as previous pairs. On the positive side, the shoe has not split. That may be because the upper is no longer leather but “Leather and Simulated Leather”. The uppers on previous pairs were leather, not “simulated leather”. I’m not sure what simulated leather is but it reminds me of “leatherette” (i.e. vinyl) from years past.

I’m very disappointed with these shoes and I don’t plan on buying Deer Stags products in the future.
on December 15, 2014
The top separates from the bottom within a few uses. Buy shoe glue if you're going to buy this. The "leather" material is paper-thin. Anything that roughs it up a bit will cause permanent damage. This used to be an excellent shoe. It's absolute junk now.
on January 21, 2013
I bought my first pair of Deer Stags many years ago and immediately loved them. Back then, they were the most comfortable, high-quality shoes I had ever come across and they lasted years. Fast-forward to 2010, my beloved Deer Stags had finally worn out so I was thrilled to find them online at Amazon. What a disappointment! The drop in quality was immediately obvious as I got them out of the box. They weren't nearly as comfortable and within just a few months of sedentary office use, the outer shell was cracking and peeling badly. The sole also cracked and within 2 years, it was time to replace the entire shoe. By going cheap, Deer Stags has ruined a great product and their reputation.
on July 31, 2013
These shoes are very bad quality. I have to admit that when I first got them they looked very sturdy and felt very good. My fellow worker saw them so I ordered him another pair also. Now after less than 3 months of use both pairs are literally falling apart. The "leather" they are made from crack and loses its black "paint" very easily. I am very disappointed with this buy. And more so because i convinced my fellow worker these were high quality shoes. DO NOT BUY THESE. Stay away from these shoes, they will fall apart in no time.