Amazon.com: Customer Reviews:
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Periphery Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

• Customer Reviews

on June 3, 2012
I've been using this case for a month. It works great at protecting my Kindle Fire. A couple drops, no problem. I even accidentally gouged the screen protector, and the Kindle is just fine.

I also appreciate that the "Otterbox" name is printed on the back, so I don't have to guess which end is the top when I'm picking it up.

The sensitivity of the Kindle Fire's touch screen is not affected by the screen protector.
0Comment| 245 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 6, 2012
this product is amazing! i use it for house constructing and one day i was on a roof and it fell off, it was a 60ft. droop to the ground... it still works! i would recommend this product to anyone who owns a kindle fire.

Thanks,
electronicman109
11 comment| 244 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 12, 2012
This Otterbox case is very impressive for the Kindle Fire (and every other device for that matter). I bought it after my son had a leather case on his Kindle Fire, and it dropped out of his hoodie pocket and cracked the LCD inside. After I fixed the LCD, I started my research on cases, and Otterbox is amazing. Yes, it is a bit bulky, but if you want protection like no other, go with this case. You will not be disappointed. It has a separate hard plastic piece that doubles as a cover and a stand.
11 comment| 213 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 3, 2012
So this is great. If you have a Fire, buy it. Especially if you commute with it or have children who play with it or who have their own. I was worried that the built in screen cover would cause issues but it doesn't effect sensitivity of the touchscreen. I have had portfolio leather cases for my Fire but I was ultimately unsatisfied with them since none provided stable support for video viewing.

All the other reviews adequately explain all the good things so I'm not going to repeat them. What I can tell you is the Achilles Heel of this case: the pull up stand that is inside of the lid that you can lean the device on to watch movies is totally generic. Every single time I pull it up, I get worried that I am going to break it. Overall, the case is made of hard, thick, quality plastic which is why I don't understand why the stand is made of a different, thin, cheap plastic. Why not make it the same material is the rest of it?

The stand is so terrible which is why I deducted the one star. I know that eventually if I'm not careful or not paying attention I could snap it to pieces in several possible ways.

Regardless of the cheap stand, this is the best case available for your Fire. I have no hesitation in saying buy it, buy it, buy it because it's the best.
on September 22, 2012
This Otterbox doesn't physically fit the Fire HD. Can't even get it in the case. I didn't realize it and will now spend $7 to return it to Amazon. I tweeted Otterbox asking if they will be making a case for the Fire HD but at this point it's not on the Otterbox website. The case looks study enough and would buy it again when they make it for the HD but my error assuming it would fit.
22 comments| 64 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 14, 2012
I've been using this product for a few weeks now and I have no problems with it. It doesn't seem to cause over heating, it's easy to turn on, put to sleep and turn off with the box on, and opening the cover to the charging port is easy.

I have used the stand, wish it had one 1/2 point to change the angle, but it is clever.

I was worried it would be significantly heavier or too bulky in my hand but it is not.

Haven't dropped it yet, despite my teenage son suggesting I try!
on June 24, 2012
I got a Kindle Fire about a month ago to use primarily as an E-reader. Wasn't sure I would like it so I didn't get any accessories for it. Well, I did like it but didn't like having to hold it in my hand to read it so I looked for some kind of stand for it. There is quite a selection out there and I was leaning toward one of those leather bound covers that also transform into a stand. Then I wondered if anyone made a rugged, rubberized cover/stand for it and sure enough there are a number of those too. I came across the Otter Box Defender and was very impressed with the description of it so I went to Amazon.com to see if this was a certified accessory for the Kindle Fire and sure enough it was. I had signed up for Amazon Prime so I chose the two day shipping option at no extra charge and two days later there it was. Putting it on the Kindle Fire is pretty straight forward except how the stand works. I figured that out and there was my stand which folds out from the hard plastic screen cover. The stand snaps flat when not using it but it looked like it might break fairly easily from unfolding it so when I,m done I just fold the stand back down but don't snap it into place. The cover still fits over the screen like it is supposed to. Another plus for me personally is with the Otter Box case installed The Kindle fire is considerably thicker (almost 7/8 inch without the screen cover and one inch with the screen cover) which I really like. Seems like people want there laptops, cell phones, tablets,etc. to be as thin as possible which to me seems like flimsy and fragile. For example compare the thickness of a Panasonic Tough-book with a regular laptop and tell me which one you would be more worried about breaking if you accidentally dropped it. I don't plan on dropping my Kindle Fire but if I do I believe it well have a much better chance of survival with the Otter box case. I recommend this product if you need a stand for your Kindle fire and want some extra protection too.
on June 14, 2012
Received the Otter Box for Kindle Fire today and very impressed with the protection aspect of this case. Going to work great for traveling and transporting the unit. As stated in other reviews, the instructions printed on the inside of the box are a waste of ink. Also the Otter Box web site for the case was not working at this time so had to go to the ol' stand by, You Tube. Found a very useful video there and installed the case in no time at all. The only cons for the case so far is it will add extra weight to the total unit as well as some bulk. This is more than made up for with the extra protection provided. Great case but slightly pricey....still cheaper than a new Fire because of my butter fingers.
on June 10, 2012
After the Kindle Fire I love the otter Box. Now I feel safe taking my Kindle Fire to the dusty and windy environment of Afghanistan, and do some reading when out at the construction projects. The touch screen capabilities works great with screen protection. No more dust on my Kindle Fire. Ahhh,and still fit on my pocket!
on July 6, 2012
I pre-ordered a Kindle Fire in November to give my son for his 6th birthday. Being one of the first to buy, the options for cases were limited to one (not Otterbox).

A couple months ago, the Fire was dropped while charging and it cracked a corner of the glass. I solved this with a screen protector. Two weeks later my son dropped it from his bunk bed while handing it to my wife (about a 5 foot drop). As you may expect, the glass totally shattered but was held in place by the installed screen protector.

I called Amazon customer service and they were AWESOME! I asked if they had an option to repair since it was less than a year old. I was able to get a replacement Kindle for half the price and return the damaged one. That is when I decided to get a better case.

I looked at Gumdrop and Otterbox. I considered Gumdrop as it was a $15 cheaper at the time. Long story short, I bought the Otterbox and glad I did.

A week after the new kindle Fire and cover arrived, my son fell asleep and i heard a thump. Later I found out that he had dropped the Kindle Fire again. With the Otterbox case, not even a scratch.

While the cover makes the tablet very bulky and a lot heavier, if it is for your kids you can't go wrong.