5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Love Story
Alright folks, I think that it is time to clear the air, set the record straight & come out of the closet. I've been hiding too long and I can't deny my true feelings any longer....I don't like Historical Romance. I know, I know, it's horrible and I know you're asking yourself "WTH is she doing reviewing this book if she doesn't like Historicals?" My answer is two...
Published on July 3, 2012 by Alyssa H.

3.0 out of 5 stars I love this author but....
this book was so implausible. I love the first one the most. Her other books are all wonderful but this one was impossible to enjoy because none of it was plausible. Will I read her next book, of course.
Published 20 months ago by The joy of reading

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 48 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Saved the Day, July 4, 2012
Maria M. (Fort Mill, SC USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Defiant (A MacKinnon's Rangers Novel) (Kindle Edition)
Like everyone else so far, I think this book is great, and it was exactly what I needed to read, right now. The last two book reviews I've written have been negative and I was beginning to think I was just too picky--not so, those other authors aren't Pamela Clare and I'm just discriminating. ;)

If you're looking for a romance, this book is wonderful. I guess the two main characters, Connor and Sarah, are little stereotypical being an Alpha-male warrior and a literal damsel in distress, but somehow Clare is able to remind her reader of why those stereotypes started to begin with. Connor is heroic and sacrificing, while Sarah is innocent but tough. Clare creates a definite chemistry between the two and the sex scenes are pretty steamy with some explicit language. Also, the historical aspects of the novel are really well done without being heavy handed. Finally, Clare is just a good writer. While I was reading the novel, I couldn't help but picture scenes from the movie, "Last of the Mohicans," and I also felt the urge to read some actual history (not my usual cup of tea).

"Defiant" will work as a stand-alone story, but the previous two stories in this series would help a reader understand the animosity between Connor and Wentworth. Regardless, they are worth your money and time (although I don't think Morgan's story, book two, is quite as good).

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Series, September 22, 2013
This review is from: Defiant (A MacKinnon's Rangers Novel) (Kindle Edition)
It's worth the purchase. American frontier with a Scottish twist. I enjoyed the entire series with the MacKinnon's. I wish there was more.

5.0 out of 5 stars It was perfect, August 16, 2013
This review is from: Defiant (A MacKinnon's Rangers Novel) (Kindle Edition)
I love Pamela Clare books and could not wait to read this one and could not put it down once I started reading. The story was brilliant, I loved the characters, the words and the period in American history was described so well. It was just a beautiful book, It is the perfect historical romance book and I am looking forward to rereading the series. I am also looking forward to Joseph's book.
Phillippa

5.0 out of 5 stars fabulous!!!, July 29, 2013
This review is from: Defiant (A MacKinnon's Rangers Novel) (Kindle Edition)
This book was amazing, another great story from Pamela Clare!
I would def recommend this to anyone looking for a great read.

5.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTIC!!, July 29, 2013
J. Ross "Josie" (St. Louis, MO USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Defiant (A MacKinnon's Rangers Novel) (Kindle Edition)
This book was not a disappointment. I read the other two books when they were first release and find Defiant fantastic. Pamela Clare, in my opinion is the one of the best historic romance authors there is. Would love to reread the first two again just to put all three together.

5.0 out of 5 stars Devastated that this is the last MacKinnon brother!, September 21, 2012
This novel is a flawless conclusion to the MacKinnon's Rangers series! I say 'conclusion,' but I sincerely hope there will be more books coming in this series. Please invent some long-lost MacKinnon brothers! And I MUST KNOW what happens to Joseph and a particular character who features in a powerful end scene! I'm dying here!

I am giddy after reading this book! Pamela Clare took her time writing this novel, and it shows. She created a beautiful story with wonderful characters and top-notch pacing. I just can't find a thing wrong with it.

Like many other readers, I have been itching to read Connor's story. He is the youngest MacKinnon brother--the wild one, the loner. In Untamed, he did some horrific things while crazy from grief after being given terrible news. The burden of what he did is still with him in this story. It has made him harder and more determined to be alone and never fall in love.

But then along comes Sarah, the sweet, young niece of Connor's commanding officer, William Wentworth. Connor and his Indian brother, Joseph, are tasked with rescuing Sarah from her Shawnee captors, an extremely difficult and complex mission. The three of them face a long and dangerous journey home once Sarah is freed, and it's on this deadly trek that Connor sees not a prissy English society miss, but a kind, gentle and giving young woman whom he is falling in love with.

Once they reach the safety of the fort, Sarah is reunited with her Uncle William, and Connor must go back to his duties as a Ranger. They have secrets, though. Secrets that must not be revealed, or all hell will break loose.

This novel was a joy to read. My heart broke for Connor and Sarah. I was on the edge of my seat wondering when certain secrets would be discovered. I was amazed by William Wentworth, the man who has no heart. It appears he has one after all.

This was exquisite writing from Pamela Clare. Thank you so much for your hard work on this novel. It was well worth the wait, and I truly hope to see more in this, my favorite series!

5.0 out of 5 stars Defiant, September 20, 2012
I have now read all of the Ranger series. It is really hard to find a romance author who can balance history, romance, and characters everyone will love. I have read romances since Kathleen Woodiwiss and this author is by far the best I have found yet. Her stories are enthrall ing, exciting, and unforgettable. I could not put this series down. I was so attached to these brothers and their family's I didn't want it to end! So I thank Pamela for these great books and if you read this Pamela, you need to write one about Joseph, and put him on the farm too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Pamela Clare Knocks It Out Of The Park Again!!!, August 31, 2012
This review is from: Defiant (A MacKinnon's Rangers Novel) (Kindle Edition)
There are few authors I can think of that have NEVER written a bad book. I would put Pamela Claire in this group. I have read every single book she has written and have not been disappointed in any of them. From contemporary to historical, she keeps me turning the pages.

Since there are other reviews that go into detail about the plot of this book, I will not. But, do yourself a favor and start at the beginning of the series with "Surrender", so you can follow along from the beginning. Believe me, you don't want to miss any of these books.

On her blog she states she plans two more books in the MacKinnon series, involving Joseph, who I have a big crush on, and William, who is soooo interesting.

Please, Pamela, don't make us wait four years for the next book in the series!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Worthwhile, August 1, 2012
I don't normally write reviews as I don't normally trust them. Too many times I've read "this was the best book I've ever read!" only to read "His evil eyes evilly glared at her full of evil." on the very first page, making you wonder if an editor had ever even glanced at the manuscript. Thankfully, this is not one of those books and all the glowing reviews got it right. Once I started reading it I couldn't put it down. A satisfying worthwhile read. I am glad I came across it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pamela Clare does it again!!!, July 24, 2012
Kathleen Young (Sterling Hgts, Mi, USA) - See all my reviews
This book deserves Way more than 5 Stars!!
Story Rating...10
Character Rating...10
Romance Rating...10
Heat Level 3.5 Stars
Overall Rating, Priceless!!

This is the second book of the year that for me was priceless. As I look at all the other reviews for this book here at Amazon I see I'm not the only one who absolutely, positively LOVED everything about this book. It was so good that I'm at a loss for words and I'm going to have a hard time writing a review befitting such a master piece.

Right from the beginning I was drawn into this book and never for a moment was I not hooked. This story was to me the most purest of romances I have ever read. The love Connor and Sarah had for each other just leaped off of the pages. Both of these characters surpassed any that I have ever read. The story exciting with exhilarating action that just kept the pages turning.

There were some LOL moments as well as moments that had tears streaking down my face. It's like this book grabbed my heart and I could actually feel what was happening while reading. If that's not enough to praise this book, get this, I even cried for one of the bad guy's, I know, crazy huh. Well I guaranty when you read it you will feel the same way.

Of course the love scenes were wonderful and just enough to please most readers. That Connor, OH MY, he gets my vote for the BEST HERO EVER! The way he was with Sarah, how could she not fall in love with him, heck I'm in love with him.

If you have not read this book, what are you waiting for?

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 48 | Next ›