Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Brett Dennen Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation SnS

on December 3, 2012
It's a good thing I have young grandchildren. I'm sure they'll enjoy this. The pictures are complicated enough that adults might enjoy the game if they had to find more than 5 items per screen. I got bored, big time. Wouldn't recommend it for adults. Definitely a "kids only" app.
0Comment|133 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 19, 2012
Skip this hidden objects game. It really isnt worth it. The pictures are really small on my nexus 7. Cant imagine what its like on a phone.

The images are not particularily good or worth staring at trying to find items. The sound effects suck to put it mildly. And each picture only has you locate about 6 items.

Even for free i feel ripped off.
0Comment|126 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 19, 2012
I tried a variety of levels and found similar problems on most being that the items they ask you to find are too small or literally a shadow of the item that you cannot see because it is in the background same color with no definition.
You cannot zoom in out or move the screen up and down. I was unable to complete many of the levels I tried because the item just could not be found.
I don't like the search items being in word form because most kids that this app is obviously geared toward probably cannot read yet so a picture of the search item or even a silhouette would be better.
I would not recommend this and it is Not worth $2.00
Florida Mom
on December 7, 2012
picture to small for kindle fire therefore making it extremely difficult to even play this game. picture needs to cover the whole screen not just the middle
0Comment|112 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 19, 2012
I thought I's talk about some of the complaints from other reviews. Firstly, as a child from the 80's, I appreciate the trip down santa's memory lane of cartoon holiday art. Hidden object games today have high photo standards. But I thought this one stood out as different. I found the experience on the Nexus 7 fine - - it takes 75% of the screen and no pinch-zooming..... but I still found the objects findable. The sounds are pretty much non-existant: a Ding when you find an object. That's it. Great for your own MP3s! Not just Christmas and I found 30 levels to be generous. Casual holiday fun!
Game Play:
This game features 30 levels of finding the hidden objects. The first level is a fall scene with 5 hidden objects and one is impossibly hidden. When you find them all the game wishes you Merry Christmas with the picture obviously showing a Jack-o-lantern and a Fall scene? The pictures do not fill the screen on a Kindle Fire and the objects are so small on the screen as to be almost impossible to find.

Main Screen:
* Start
* More - takes you directly to Amazon to buy more games and the entire website is open

What I like:
I generally like find the hidden object games but this one is not well designed. Sadly I did not find much to like in this app.

What I don't like:
Some of the graphics are cartoonish in design and are not very good on some screens and nice on others. You can still see the photo shop outline on some of the objects in the pictures. The names of the objects that you are looking for are written out in stylish script style text so children may not recognize the word and know what to look for. The pictures are smaller than your screen and the objects really small and cluttered in the attempt to hide them. The objects that you are looking for are so small that this game would seem impossible to play on a smart phone. The pictures also do not use the entire screen of the Kindle Fire which makes the pictures even smaller. There is no pan or zoom feature to help you find the objects.

There is no music in the app and the sound effect is a ringing bell (one chime) when you touch the object you are looking for. Santa does speak when you complete a level.

There are links to Amazon to get you to buy more games but the entire website is open for your children's shopping pleasure. Make sure that you turn off your WIFI or set the parental mode to on.

Summary:
This game is just poorly done and not even average in quality. The graphics are good on some screens and cartoonish and Photo Shopped together on others. The game play is difficult because the objects are very small and hidden in the clutter on some screens. The use of stylish script makes it difficult if not impossible for children to play the game.

Save your money and pass on this one. It is free today and if you like hidden object games then you may want to try it to satisfy your curiosity. It was not much fun for me.

Size: The app's size is 43.2 MB compressed and 46.48 uncompressed.
Permissions:
* Network communications - full internet access
* Phone calls - read Kindle state and identity
* Network communication - view network state
on December 26, 2012
I got this app as the free app of the day from Amazon several days ago, but because of the busy Christmas season, I am just now reviewing this.

This app is among the worst I have seen for a find the hidden object app given away as the free app of the day this year by Amazon.

There are only 30 levels (or scenes might be a better word for it) in this game. In each level you have to find 5 items that are randomly hidden in the picture to the left.

Here are the major problems with this app:

1. The items are the same items each time you play that level or scene and they are even in the same spot each time you play that level or scene. So if you have a great memory, there is no replay value at all in this game.

2. There is no zoom feature or hint feature to make it easier to find things.

and

3. There is a major problem with a few items and the level page selectors being cut off at the bottom.

Therefore, I have to be a grinch or a scrooge and give this one a 1 star out of 5 stars! This should not be $1.99 and it is also way too big (over 40 Megs of space used) for this quality of an hidden object app.
on December 19, 2012
The app was very slow to download. There were no choices when it came to this Hidden object. It could be played only in landscape. If you want to play without sound you had to turn it off on your device if not it had only one sound a tinnie one note. I played on the kindle fire most of the objects were bunched down on the bottom of the screen. The clues were available only in cursive. It was difficult to find some of the objects no hints available. I was sure one of the objects I couldn't. find I saw on the next level. The Color was great I'll give it that. I 'be never given a bad review before esp. at these prices but...I think this app would frustrate kids and Grandparents alike. Holiday hidden objects also didn't need to include bomb or swords or rockets it could have stuck to Holiday I guess that is where Defiant tech got it 's name. Sorry but free was too much. I should have read the reviews first like I usually do but I figured how bad could a hidden object be.
on December 19, 2012
It's hard to play on phone because you can't zoom the pix. There is no cheery holiday music that plays. When you find something it plays an odd DOOONG! Kind of strange. I love hidden object games, but I'm not sure this one was even worth the free download :(
on December 19, 2012
It works fine on my 10" tablet, might be difficult to see small objects on a phone. I can't say there's too much to get excited about, but then again, I'm not much into hidden object games, but for those that are and love the holidays, it is that. Adds in some holiday cheer with Santa's voice when you finish a level.
Puzzles are difficult enough that you will be busy for a while.
Some objects were very challenging to find.

Note: note something I would have bought, but today it was free. But then again, I'm not much into hidden object games