The BBC High Definition Natural History Collection (Planet Earth / Wild China / Galapagos / Ganges) [Blu-ray]
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Original U.K. broadcast version narrated by David Attenborough, including 90 minutes not shown on the Discovery Channel
- Behind the scenes, deleted scenes, English, Hindi and Bengali narration
Top Customer Reviews
So here's the 411 scoop of accompaniments NEW to this 6-disc 2012 BD set that's NOT on the 2007 4-disc BD set, listed in the order of importance:
1) Diaries (bonus in disc 1-4), the 10-min making of clip following each of the 11 main features. Total of ~107 min in SD. Worthy to note, unlike the DVD version and other BBC nature diaries, which auto-plays the diaries immediately following the credits, here you do need to navigate back to the main menu to select these bonuses.
2) 3 new bonus documentaries (disc 6), total 150 min's:
a) Snow Leopards: Beyond the Myth 50 min in HD
b) Secrets of Maya Underworld 50 min in SD
c) Elephant Nomads of the Namib Desert 50 min in SD
-Note: the UK version contains Natural World - Desert Lions 50 min. Not sure why US version left this out. But lucky for US version, UK left out Maya Underworld and Elephants Nomads.
3) The Future (disc 5), 3 episodes in SD; total 3 hours:
a) Saving Species 60 min
b) Into the Wilderness 60 min
c) Living Together 60 min
4) Great PE moments (disc 4) 46 min in SD, narrated by Sir David the Great Attenborough himself.
5) Audio commentaries by producers, but only for 5 of the 11 main episodes: Pole to Pole, Mountains, Caves, Great Plains, Shallow Seas.
6) Music only viewing audio. This feature is a bust. Why in the world would you ever watch a documentary without a narrator?Read more ›
The other films are also very good, I would rate them as being as good as most national geographic films. None of them are as long as planet earth and they were not filmed in high definition, but they are well done. Unlike planet earth, they do focus exclusively on one region of the world. Interestingly, two of the films focus on the most well populated areas in the world, India and China. These films are as much about the people of these regions as they are about wildlife.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Awesome photography and videography of nature. Plenty of inspiring landscapes and animal life. So calming that I fell asleep a couple times, not because it was boring but because... Read morePublished 11 months ago by Martin
If you like nature documentaries this is still one of the best available. I have watched and rewatched it and I am constantly awestruck at the beauty and wonder of God's creation!Published 17 months ago by J. Cowle
must buy, great movies for the family and everyone will love watching it. highly recommended getting this movie collections. has animals and everyone loves animalsPublished 20 months ago by tanna
Amazing visuals and entertaining for the whole family! I'm really enjoying it so far. So happy I got it on dvd where there isn't any commercials ;)Published 21 months ago by Jordan Mars
absolute delightful i recommend that t the collectors , everyone should get a copy of this astonishing blue ray from bbcPublished on December 17, 2013 by ielshamy
|Topic||From this Discussion|
|Ganges disc won't play in PS3||
It may just be a bad disc. You could take it to a store and attempt to play it in a blu-ray player (lots of stores don't mind if you test their TVs with your material).
I'd just try to exchange the disc.
Jul 28, 2010 by Dustin Farahnak | See all 4 posts
|which edition of planet earth is in this collection?||
btw, this is the 4 disc Planet Earth according to several reviews here and elsewhere
Jul 28, 2010 by Sean | See all 4 posts
I'm also wondering this...I did see Galapagos when it originally aired a few years back and it didn't seem TOO preachy. I assume if anything that one would be worse considering it had to do with Charles Darwin, and he was big about evolution and all. However, after watching all of the episodes,... Read More
Jul 29, 2010 by Matt | See all 2 posts
|dvd vs blueray||
Dec 29, 2009 by mc-Hotsauce | See all 2 posts
|language||Be the first to reply|
|Region of bluray||Be the first to reply|
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Movies & TV > BBC > All BBC Titles
- Movies & TV > BBC > Gift Sets
- Movies & TV > BBC > Nature & Wildlife
- Movies & TV > Blu-ray
- Movies & TV > Blu-ray > TV
- Movies & TV > Boxed Sets > Documentary
- Movies & TV > Boxed Sets > Special Interests
- Movies & TV > Boxed Sets > Television
- Movies & TV > Educational
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Special Interests
- Movies & TV > TV