5.0 out of 5 stars Good bang for your buck
Customer Video Review     Length:: 0:26 Mins
The lens feels heavy duty - definitely has a quality look to it as well. The package also comes with a lens cap keeper (I won't use this but I have a friend who will appreciate it), soft lens case (nothing special but nice to have) and a microfiber cloth. Oh, and a lens cap of course!

The clarity is quite excellent for the lens too...
Published on July 14, 2011 by Lance B. Ramsay

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing even for the price.
I purchased this to mount on an Olympus 14-42 m4/3 lens. At any zoom below about 18mm, there is dramatic vignetting. The Vivitar creates a lot of chromatic aberration away from the center, and is really only usable for emergencies that don't require much quality. On the plus side, the macro component works well with no appreciable distortion or artifacts.
Published 9 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Good bang for your buck, July 14, 2011
This review is from: Vivitar High Definition 37mm 0.43x Professional Wide Angle HD Converter Lens With Macro Includes Pouch For Lens + Lens Cap Keeper + MicroFiber Cloth For JVC GZ-HD500, GZ-HD620, GZ-HM300, GZ-HM320, GZ-HM340, GZ-HM550 High Definition HDD Camcorder (Electronics)
Length:: 0:26 Mins

The clarity is quite excellent for the lens too. As far as the wide angle goes, I would estimate that this little guy here adds about 40% extra footage into the shot (notice in the video that the fridge isn't even visible without the lens). This 37mm lens is attached to my Sanyo VPC-FH1A video camera and overall I am very pleased with the results (especially for the price).

I do have one qualm though - once I zoom 8x and beyond the image quality drops dramatically, even if I manually try to adjust the focus. I think this has to do with the compatibility of this lens with my camera's zoom capabilities though, so I won't dock a point for that. Plus, I can still zoom in a decent amount, if I want to zoom more I can just remove the lens. What's the point of having the wide angle attached if you're zoomed in all the way anyways?

Also, the macro attachment is very nice. The detail is exquisite at very close distances - of course I didn't buy this lens for the macro but it's a definite bonus that it works well.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing even for the price., February 5, 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Vivitar HD Wide Angle Lens, June 25, 2011
The product itself is of high quality. Delivery was within a couple of days and the item was securely packed. Installation on the video cam was straightforward and the optical quality superb. In all, it did everything it was designed to do, an excellent tool for those close ups or when you're limited on how far (such as in a small room) you can back away from the subject.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Add-on Lens for my JVC GZ-HM550, March 13, 2014
I like it so much that I have actually left it installed on the camcorder all the time. There is no discernible distortion or loss of light. The MACRO lens allows me to come really close to macro subjects. The only insignificant drawback I found is that the lens is partially covering the camcorder's built in light (a strong, white LED). I have never used the built in light anyways as I have purchased a separate Video Light with about 60 LED's.Overall it is a good choice for an affordable price

5.0 out of 5 stars A step up!, October 18, 2012
Im currently using the GZ-MH300BU. I understand now that the lense is critical for filming and today's typical consumer camcorders have rather tiny lenses to better match the overall tiny size of said camcorders. This lense goes a long way to bumping up video quality.

There is one strange issue with the lense though. When I zoom in past 9x a sort of fog builds and sharpness is lost. I rarely "zoom" anyway so it wont be much of a problem for me but I will miss the flexibility.

I plan on buying a much better camcorder in the comming years but, for now, this lense is a welcomed addition to my filming needs.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great lens for the price, September 24, 2011
This lens is exactly what I was looking for in a wide angle lens. This lens has no vignette at all which is the main reason I bought it. The only negative thing I can say about this lens, is that it doesn't seem to be fitting on my camera like it should. The lens screws on about 2/3 of the way then it gets really tough to tighten. I don't want to tighten it to much because the threads to the lens are metal and the threads to my camera are plastic. Also, you have to be careful not to cross-thread the lens as you may strip the threads on your camera. I also bought the 2.2x Telephoto lens from Vivitar and unlike the wide angle, I don't have a problem screwing on the telephoto. It goes on nice and smooth with little to no effort so maybe I just got a lens with bad threads. This is a great lens for the price but just be careful screwing it onto your camera.

4.0 out of 5 stars A decent wide-angle camcorder adapter, August 1, 2011
When I bought my JVC GZ-HM320 camcorder, I wanted an inexpensive wide-angle lens adapter to go with my inexpensive camcorder. This Vivitar wide-angle lens adapter fills the bill. I was very carefull installing it on my camcorder, as they are both plastic and a wrong move could damage them. It installed fairly easily, and best of all, it works well. There is no vignetting that I could see - even zoomed out. It's also not too big and fits well on the camcorder. I recommend it for this application.

5.0 out of 5 stars good inexpensive lens, March 21, 2011
Ron Cole (ALBANY, OREGON, US) - See all my reviews
this is a great little lens, the cap keeper works pretty well, the lens itsself is a great addition when needing to get your wide shots as well as up close when you only have the macro ring on. The glass quality makes the lens, the cap that comes with it isnt the greatest but it does come in a leather bag for storage. all in all i am very happy with the item