5.0 out of 5 stars Out-Rage-ous! Truly worth every penny. No Lie!, April 26, 2009
You will love the Definitive Technology Mythos Gem Loud Speakers. I promise. The clarity is crystal. Sharp voice reproduction and tight response when coupled with other DT Mythos line speakers or a DT Super Cube subwoofer. The entire Mythos speaker line needs a sub to bridge the wonderful mid and high freq. tones to the super lows of a sub, but well worth the trouble and money. I bought two Gems for surrounds in my Home Theater and two Mythos Sixes for fronts and one Mythos Seven for a Center Channel and Oh My! I popped in The Matrix: Revolutions DVD and my system came immediately to life. The DT's turned my entire DVD and CD collection into something completely new. Like I never heard them before and I didn't have a bad system before. It just bodes well for the greatness of DT's speakers. Well made, attractive and relatively compact... Don't underestimate the sound that come from the Gems and the rest of the Mythos line. You don't need all the Mythos speakers to get great sound, but it will rock you to the floor if you do. The Gems are perfect for bedroom or office on their own with sub. With the rest they are KILLER!Definitive Technology Mythos Gem Satellite Speakers (Pair, Silver)

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't Be Fooled by their Size, September 21, 2009
This review is from: Definitive Technology Mythos Gem Satellite Speakers (Pair, Black) (Electronics)
The Mythos gems are competent mid-level surround speaker within a remarkably compact housing. After weeks of researching, I settled on Definitive Technology's Mythos line of speakers. Despite most of them being released several years ago, they still have a modern look. However, the main attraction is value. Many of the silver-finish Mythos speakers are easy to find on sale for over 50% off. Even at full MSRP, they perform very well for their price. My configuration is: 2x Definitive Technology Mythos 1 Tower Speaker (Single, Silver) fronts, 1x Definitive Technology Mythos 3 Center Speaker (Single, Silver) center, 2x Definitive Technology Mythos Gem Satellite Speakers (Pair, Black) surrounds, 1x Epik Sentinel subwoofer (Def Tech supercubes are slick and good for their size, but overpriced). My receiver is a Denon AVR2310CI 7.1-Channel Multi-Zone Home Theater Receiver with 1080p HDMI Connectivity (aka Denon 890). It has more than engouh power for me, I usually listen at -20 to -30 db.

The Mythos gem is no longer easy to find in silver, so I purchased them in black. When I first unwrapped them, I felt disappointed with their size. The other Mythos speakers were gigantic compared to these little babies. However, once I heard them in action, I was quickly swayed. They are clear and punchy. Plus, they fit neatly out of the way. They deliver a vibrant voice to NFL stadium applause or distant gunfire and round out the soundstage with impressive realism. Size can be an important factor for surround speakers, and I can't imagine finding anything smaller and better. However, I would recommend checking out the Gem XL's or even consider using Mythos 1's for surround speakers if size is really not an issue. The prices between the three are similar, epsecially factoring in the price of stands for the Gems (if needed).

Overall, the Mythos Gems are amazing performers for the size and a good value for the price, though nowhere near the insane deal you can get on the silver-finish mythos speakers. They are excellent performers for a $2000-$2500 budget. If you can find them available in silver, they may be an even better deal.

5.0 out of 5 stars great product, March 30, 2009
I don't know much of english. All I can say is this is the great speakers that I ever have.The size is small, but the sound is incredible.Thank to definitive technology speakers.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great set of surround speakers for the price., November 13, 2011
Definitive is well known for their quality speakers at affordable prices and these small speakers are no exception. I wanted a set of surround speakers to go with my other Definitive Pro Monitor 100's, and because each speaker fires in two different directions at the same time, they really do a great job at filling the whole room with great sound. Now when I watch a movie I constantly hear things I never heard before. It's the little sounds that get covered up with heavy explosions that are typical with a lot speakers but not these.

Definitive says you can use these speakers for fronts or centers, but my ratting is for the surround postions only. I don't think I would recomend them for fronts. There two side firing of sound can create problems if you want the sound to just come straight at you, which is what front speakers are made for. Their wofers are only 3.5 inches and I think that is a little small for fronts but not for rears or surrounds.

They are rated at 10-200 watts at 89db, so they are extremely effecient and loud. I was a little worried that these small speakers would be to small but I was wrong for my 13X20' room they are perfect. The speakers came in the mail in only 5 days with no scratches or defects. One final word about new speakers, they have to be broken in first so play some soft music at low volume for about 4 hours before you start watching movies.

5.0 out of 5 stars Will Keep These for a Long Time, January 10, 2010
FWM (Illinois) - See all my reviews
I don't buy audio components very often, but when I do I usually keep them for a long time. I've made a few purchases in the past (i.e- Bose home theater) that I wish I hadn't made.

I'm setting up a new home theater system, and I wanted to make the best decision on components that I'd be happy with for a while. I have a new Pioneer KRP-500M monitor and Pioneer Elite Reciever and BD player, needed to match these up with an equally high-quality speaker system. I first saw Def-Tech at B-Buy, but they didn't carry all the components I was looking for.

I purchased a pair of Mythos Gems with stands, a Mythos Seven center speaker, and a SuperCube III subwoofer, all from Amazon. I'll add another set of Gems later on for the rear, but these aren't needed right now as the room these are in is fairly small. Amazon shipped everything to me within a couple of days.

Best decision I ever made! The sound is incredible. Surround-sound quality is fantastic, especially with a Blu-ray disk or HD cable channel - feels like theater experience. Low-level response is important, since I don't usually have the volume cranked up - these are perfect. I can shake the room if I let it loose! The Supercube III is all the subwoofer I need, would work great even in a very large space.

The design and construction quality is excellent. The weight is substantial, and the finish is flawless.

If you can afford it, I highly recommend the high-end Definitive Technology products. I think I made the right decision choosing these components over the Pro Cinema 600 or 800 sets. These are pricey, but in this case you definitely get what you pay for. It only stings once, but when its the right decision, you're happy for a long time!

5.0 out of 5 stars great sound, March 21, 2014
MN from LA (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
this is our second set of definitive mythos gems - love them. one for the living room and the other for the recreation/movie room. love the sound (and I am a connoisseur)

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I wanted, March 12, 2014
These are beautiful, small, solid, affordable and sound great! I just put together a full entertainment system and went with two Mythos XL, two of these, a Mythos Two for my center speaker and a ProSub800 for the subwoofer. Loud enough to get the police there in a hurry.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, January 16, 2014
Love the sound and performance of these surrounds. They mesh beautifully with my Def Tech Studio Monitor 55s. Great price for a high performing set of speakers.

5.0 out of 5 stars these small speakers are just amazing, August 30, 2013
Definitive Technology never fails, they make great products and these are no different. Hard to believe these sound as good as they do. A little pricey at 558, but I bought a used pair here for $400 and they are great. Solid aluminum cabinets...surprising base for such a tiny speaker...great mids and highs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb!, August 14, 2011
I'm writing this review after 3 year of using the speakers. These are the best speakers I ever had. The sound is superb! They work well with any audio-video receiver.

Definitive Technology Mythos Gem Satellite Speakers (Pair, Black)
$558.00