Customer Discussions > Presence forum

Definitive Zeppelin/Floyd albums?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 4, 2009 2:01:03 PM PDT
These last 9 months I've been completely entranced by the works of Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd, but I own no albums and all compilations by them. Right now, I'd like a list of both bands BEST albums that I definitely need to purchase. Thank you!

Posted on Jul 4, 2009 2:26:11 PM PDT

Posted on Jul 9, 2009 10:25:01 AM PDT
T. O'Brien says:
Led Zeppelin- Led Zeppelin 2, Led Zeppelin 4, Houses of the Holy, and Physical Graffiti
Pink Floyd- Dark Side of the Moon, Wish You Were Here, Animals
My personal favorites are Physical Graffiti and Dark Side of the Moon
Led Zeppelin 4 has the most "radio" songs on it like Stairway to Heaven, Rock N' Roll, Black Dog, Misty Mountain Hop etc so you might want to start with that one.
The same goes for Pink Floyd's Dark Side with songs like Money, Breathe, Time, etc. Hope this helps. T.P.

Posted on Jan 11, 2010 1:08:58 PM PST
Zep 1-4.
Floyd is tricky...you have to discover the original band with founding member Syd Barrett. (A compliation call Relics might be good to start with.)
Then get Piper at the gates of Dawn, Saucer full of Sevrets, Meddle, Umagumma, Then get Dark side of the Moon.

Posted on Jan 12, 2011 9:31:33 AM PST
Zaplightning says:
Here is a few...

Led Zep I & II

Pink Floyd's Sacuerful Of Secrects , Obscured By Clouds, Meddle & Wish You Were Here.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Presence forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Jul 4, 2009
Latest post:  Jan 12, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Presence
Presence by Led Zeppelin (Audio CD - 1994)
4.2 out of 5 stars   (285)