5.0 out of 5 stars Best deodorant available
I've never used a better deodorant. If you have used Degree for Men Ultra Clear sticks before, this is the same thing (+ silver ion technology), so you know how good it is.

Published on May 9, 2009 by Jon

1.0 out of 5 stars causes a burning sensation
Published on December 27, 2009 by Peter SF

5.0 out of 5 stars Best deodorant available, May 9, 2009

Unlike Right Guard sticks of chalk, this is not chalky or dry and leaves absolutely zero stains on your clothes (I've had huge problems with Right Guard staining my shirts). It's a solid stick, so it goes on evenly, but it's clear, so you can't see it on your armpit, even immediately after putting it on (making it good for applying in public, as well).

Degree has the best scents, most of them (including the "Arctic Edge" scent that I chose) having a "shower fresh" smell, like a bar of Irish Spring soap. It also feels cool (temperature-wise) to apply, but in a very pleasant way (not ticklishly cold like some gels are). Even when you haven't just taken a shower, it almost feels and smells like you have after you put this on.

Another standard Degree feature is that the entire bottom centimeter of the package rotates to advance the stick (rather than just a small ring in the center), making it easier on the fingers (great for arthritis, I would imagine).

There is no better deodorant for men, in my opinion. In fact, I can't see any reason why a woman wouldn't use it, either, other than the label and marketing. If there's any drawback, it's that this is just a deodorant and not an anti-perspirant. I, personally, have not had any problems, but, if you're extra prone to wet armpits, you may need an anti-perspirant, instead. For most people, though, I highly recommend these Degree deodorant sticks, even those that are very picky about their deodorants, as I am.

1.0 out of 5 stars causes a burning sensation, December 27, 2009
Peter SF (Fort Lauderdale, FL) - See all my reviews
I am been using the "standard" Degree Deodorant for years and have been really happy with it. Recently I tried the Silver Ion version and found that it caused some burning on my skin. I needed to wash it off. I experienced this some years ago when the Old Spice deordorant that I was using changed to a "new and improved" version. Back then I needed to switch to another brand. I hope that Degree keeps their "standard" deodorant on the store shelves. For reference, there seems to be a product warning:

"For external use only. Do not use on broken skin. Stop use if rash or irritation occurs."

For Silver Ion this applies to me. Hopefully not to you

5.0 out of 5 stars Like it alot, September 2, 2011
This review is from: Degree for Men Deodorant Time Released, Arctic Edge, 3-Ounce Packages (Pack of 6) (Health and Beauty)
My husband really likes this deoderant. He was using old spice but it started to irritate his armpits. When he switched to this product his armpits cleared up and he still smells good all day.

5.0 out of 5 stars Controls smell longer, (allergic to antiperspirant), July 8, 2011
Compared to old spice deodorant, this one works longer for me ( in excess of 8 hours).

I can't use antiperspirants due to an allergic reaction, but this stuff does well. Now if old spice picked up on the silver ion deal... that would be something.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent deodorant, August 21, 2009
Ryan Pedigo (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
Scents:
Cool Impact
Arctic Edge - my favorite
Intense Sport
Clean Reaction

I personally use the Arctic Edge one, and it seems quite mellow. I have axillary hyperhydrosis, which in layman's terms means I sweat a lot under my arms specifically. I apply a special prescription-strength antiperspirant at night to seal my pores, and apply this in the morning to prevent any smell. With that combination I smell great all the time and never sweat a drop.

Keep in mind that this is NOT AN ANTIPERSPIRANT, which means it will not make you sweat any less than you do without anything on. This merely ensures that you do not smell when you sweat. If you sweat a lot, either look into an antiperspirant/deodorant combination or apply an antiperspirant (such as Drysol or CertainDri) that is intended to be put on at night, and put this deodorant on in the morning.

5.0 out of 5 stars Effective, February 26, 2010
Ace (East Coast) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I can't say anything about the silver ions technology, although I know it IS being used in underwear and outerwear for active people, so I'm sure there's some truth in its efficacy in stopping odor.

Degree for Men Deodorant With Silver Ion Technology, smells good, goes on without feeling sticky and just plain does the job. The fragrance is not overpowering, which is a big plus.

The one-piece rotator at the bottom is uniqe and alot better than the usual little wheel.

2.0 out of 5 stars Itching reaction, April 26, 2012
J. W. McGhee (Huntsville, AL USA) - See all my reviews
I've been using Old Spice High Endurance deodorant (non-antiperspirant) for a long time but recently decided to try this type of Degree because Old Spice wasn't lasting long enough. The first couple of days that I used this, it worked well and the scent was strong enough to last the whole day. By the third day, I developed a severe itching reaction in both armpits, which goes along exactly with what numerous other reviewers have already said.

The only real difference in base ingredients between Degree and other non-aluminum deodorants on the shelf is that Degree has silver chloride and titanium dioxide in it. I guess that's where they get the "Silver Ion" term from but apparently it can be pretty irritating when applied to skin. Dove Men+Care and Axe deodorants, both made by Degree's parent company Unilever, do not contain these ingredients and don't seem to cause the same type of irritation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lasts all day, April 24, 2013
Degree is the first deodorant that I have purchased that gives you long lasting odor. Put it on once in the morning and it lasts all day. I now use this brand and nothing else. At this price though, there are better deals elsewhere.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great deodorant, September 28, 2012
David (COSTA MESA, CA, United States) - See all my reviews
I have been using this product for about a year now and am very satisfied with it. I only have to use it every 3-4 days. Didn't realize they had renamed it and am glad I found this. I am very sensitive to most deodorants and this has worked well for me. I would definitely recommend this.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best a Man Can Get!, April 23, 2009
I bought this deodorant the other day and I was very impressed. Degree Intense Sport is by far the best Deodorant fragrance I have ever come across. I highly recommend this to any guy. (As an aside, this deodorant goes great with CK One!)

Rate and Discover Movies