5.0 out of 5 stars Good shelf review
Good shelf review but too much for the step 1. All the pharm you NEED to know is in first aid and USMLE world.
Published on March 24, 2012 by TexasMed

3.0 out of 5 stars Kind of random seeming questions
Just finished step 1 boards. Didn't use it much for that, as the questions seemed a bit sporadic and I needed more thorough review. Hanging on to it for next year though, hoping it might help
Published 3 months ago by A bumbling bee

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Good shelf review, March 24, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars My Pharm Bible, May 12, 2013
This review is from: Deja Review Pharmacology, Second Edition (Paperback)
I struggled to find a resource to help me wade through and memorize drugs, but found it with this book. Short and to the point, it's got most of what you need for Step 1, and I can't say enough good things about the format. Perfect for absorbing rote information and helping you sort out answer choices on the exam.

I got a reasonable grip on pharm concept from courses and FA, but still found myself stumbling on pharm stuff in the qBanks (don't get me started on the dense uselessness of the Lange deck). I needed to find a resource that would let me quickly and repeatedly hammer home drug information, and this book had exactly what I was looking for. I became a believer in the Deja Review series after I found this book and bought most of the series (most are awesome, a few are bad).

The key here is to not over-utilize this book, and to recognize it for what it is. It is a way to help you rote memorize drugs, mechanisms, side effects, etc. But it is not a text designed to help you understand pharmacology or drugs.

So, if you find yourself struggling with concepts, this book is probably not for you. If you find yourself struggling with the drugs themselves, you've just found what you're looking for.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not bad at all!, February 11, 2012
Wajid Hussein (Indianapolis, IN) - See all my reviews
I love the question/ answers format. I use it regularly for reviewing the subject. It is also helpful for exam study and review.I purchase the Kindle version of it and it is much more easier to navigate. Again it is not textbook for pharmacology this will not help if you do not your material before-hand

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome book!, July 15, 2013
This review is from: Deja Review Pharmacology, Second Edition (Paperback)
This is a really nice book to review pharmacology for Step 1! Learn what's in FA, then hit this book. This combo will get you every question right on the boards! Good luck.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pharm review, November 10, 2013
This review is from: Deja Review Pharmacology, Second Edition (Paperback)
Good for what it is: a REVIEW book. This is better for drilling and review of concepts, when it comes to actually learning MOA, S/Es, etc I'd use Katzung, Lippincott or a similar text.
Small, portable, not too thick. Great to carry with you if, like me, Pharmacology is an Achilles heel. Ideally this is good for a last pass of questions before a Pharm shelf, as another reviewer noted May be too much detail for Boards.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for quizzing yourself on the go, November 2, 2013
This review is from: Deja Review Pharmacology, Second Edition (Paperback)
It's a quick review for pharmacology. I don't recommend studying solely from this book obviously, but it is an easy book to read on the go. It uses a Q & A format that you can cover the answer and just quiz yourself on the go when. The questions are all short and so are the answers. I used this book whenever I am on a bus or before I go to sleep. I think it's pretty helpful to highlight some of the important points in lengthy pharm books. It is reasonably "high yield" for step 1 but I don't think it is a necessary book to have if you want to achieve a high score...

5.0 out of 5 stars Great review book., July 2, 2014
This review is from: Deja Review Pharmacology, Second Edition (Paperback)
Great book for review. Direct to the point.

3.0 out of 5 stars Kind of random seeming questions, June 25, 2014

1.0 out of 5 stars Not two columns as advertised, June 23, 2014
Bought the kindle version of this book. The formatting was not in the two column setup as described in the information. That was the main reason why I bought this particular type of review book. The kindle edition was a waste.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, June 19, 2014
This review is from: Deja Review Pharmacology, Second Edition (Paperback)
Super fast. Super High Yield. I would recommend it for a few days before the test review. This Gleason woman is a genius. I love it just as much if not more than I loved micro recall. My first test I didnt have time to review things for the 3rd/4th time, but I ended up just going over these questions with my friends real quick.. And for the sections I studied in this book I didnt miss a question! Yeah.. it's that good.

Get it. Doooo it. Youll love it too :)

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Deja Review Pharmacology, Second Edition
Deja Review Pharmacology, Second Edition by Jessica A. Gleason (Paperback - July 12, 2010)
$23.00 $21.43