5.0 out of 5 stars deja vu exfoliant
Published on January 7, 2011 by eca

3.0 out of 5 stars It works but research for prices before you buy!
Published 23 months ago by May

3.0 out of 5 stars It works but research for prices before you buy!, January 30, 2013
This review is from: Deja Vu Dead Sea Minerals Facial Peeling (Health and Beauty)
The product does its job. It made my skin "luminous" as the salesman said. BUT do your research for prices before you buy!! The salesmen told me it was an 80 dollar product, ended up selling to me for 40 dollars, I come online to do more research to see if what I bought was worth it and its on Amazon for 20 dollars. Good product, sketchy sells people. Be smarter than me and look up stuff before you buy it!!

5.0 out of 5 stars deja vu exfoliant, January 7, 2011
I'd like to write about my personal experience with this product. While I can't say that it will work for everyone, it drastically and gently improved my skin texture, complexion and unclogged my pores. If you have thin sensitive skin or your skin has acne which is inflamed any exfoliant, including the most gentle like this product will irritate your skin. I have patchy skin, where my chin's pores used to become clogged and then skin would grow over the pore preventing the pore from draining. These are known as comedones or white heads, and they were not inflamed, but used to form these nasty bumps on my skin. I had tried everything from clay masks, to astringents, to store-bought exfoliants, to dermatological surgical procedures to get these pores drained but none were as effective. My cheeks were dry and used to form layers of dead skin which used to make the surface look dull. All store-bought exfoliants I had tried used to feel scratchy and used to irritate and redden my face so I stopped using them. This product is the most gentle and effective exfoliant I have ever tried, it removes the dry skin on my cheeks without causing a rash like store-bought exfoliants yet the salt granules are small enough to remove enough skin to drain comedones. I exfoliate with this product once a week and use the hydrating mineral gel immediately after. It's never caused me a rash. I absolutely love this product and would recommend it to anyone who has a tough time draining their pores or wants to gently remove dull dead skin to bring radiant new skin to the surface. Plus I'm so happy Amazon is selling it because it is a lot more reasonably priced.

1.0 out of 5 stars Crooked Company, April 23, 2012
These products may be fine and all, but I did spend about $80 on the facial peel (they threw in a salt scrub--thanks) and the incredibly hard-core sales lady said, "You are killing me!" Well, they killed me for over $200. What a rip-off! And of course they are non-refundable. STAY AWAY FROM THE STORE ON CHRISTOPHER STREET IN MANHATTAN. I won't buy these products ever again, purely on principle, now that I see how cheap they really are. Shame on Deja Vu!

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't be fooled by these products, November 27, 2013
I was one of the suckers who was pulled into the kiosk to let my wrist be "exfoliated" and have some gunk put under my eye. Giving credit where it's due, the salesperson (a young Israeli "hipster"!) was really really good! I ended up shelling out $100 for the eye goop and the exfoliant. Just tried the exfoliant on my face this morning and it is awful. I thought that simply rinsing my face would wash away the stuff but no..... I scrubbed. And scrubbed. And scrubbed, with a washcloth and an hour later, I can still feel that crap on my face. And I don't see or feel any difference on my skin (except for the grainy residue that won't come off!!) A very expensive mistake - just a word of warning to others who might think this stuff sounds like a great deal (at the mall kiosk, the prices are double what you see here on Amazon). Don't do it - there are better, more reputable products out there. Think Whole Foods cosmetics section - much better stuff.

5.0 out of 5 stars good for the value, May 8, 2012
Deja Vu Dead Sea Minerals Face Peeling is the same product that the one i purchase from the mall but much cheaper at Amazon.I use this product once a week and my skin feel clean smooth and refreshing.

1.0 out of 5 stars Please read this before buying. I feel foolish for purchasing., September 11, 2013
I purchased this product at the mall yesterday, after a very friendly saleswoman chatted me up. I have bad skin, I'm lonely. I am just the kind of sucker they are looking for. She put the peel on my arm and it seems to peel off skin. In my head I said, it's probably just the product making those "peels" and not my skin. I purchased anyway, as you can barely get away from these people.. but I got out to my car, spread a drop of the product on a flat plastic surface, rubbed and I was right. It's not peeling your skin. The product coagulates and looks like peeled skin. Like Elmer's Glue. I have never been taken so easily and I could kick myself for the whole thing. The bottle that was in the box, has a broken/stuck pump so I can't even resell it on ebay or Amazon to the suckers who haven't figured out the trick yet.

4.0 out of 5 stars Learn to haggle westerners., August 27, 2014
It's a pretty good product but you people apparently don't know how to haggle. I got the entire set like 10 different items for under $100 in the mall kiosk. How? Haggling. I'm from Jerusalem so they know it when I go to them, they know not to try and bs me. the says ohhhh its 129 but 80 for you and say 25 which he laughs at but doesn't end it there. He insists 80 but I say 35 he says hes my friend blah blah blah I say were from the same place blah blah blah. He says you know what? I like you 50 so I say 25. He tells me the computer wont allow 25. We settle on 3 of the socalled "$130 items" + soap for a grand total of $50. Then I go to the other kiosk (my locl mall has 3 because americans don't know how to haggle) and do the same for the complete set.

Where we come from every price is negotiable, even milk, gas and sometimes taxes. Why do you think the peace talks never end?

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality, March 21, 2014
Extremely disappointed with this product. Not only it was broken from the inside stem, so I was not able to use it properly, but when I tried getting some of the product out by hand, I came to find that the product did not even work. The "gel" was simply WAY to watered down & when I would apply the product on my face it would simply turn to this rubbery-foam, and at the end I would have white specks on my face . My conclusion is that the item was either in hot temperatures and it "spoiled" or it simply was past it's expiration date.

1.0 out of 5 stars it concerns me as whether or not this is an authentic product., November 14, 2013
The lid/top/squirter whatever it is called broke the moment I touched it. I made one simple attempt to squirt the product into my hands so that i could use it for the first time, and the lid broke. I packaged it and sent it right back. it concerns me as whether or not this is an authentic product. A bottle that flimsy or cheap: maybe thats the reason why this product is only $35 vs the competitors same product at $89.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great but the mall stole my moneys, April 12, 2014
Shirley Weng (New York City, NY USA) - See all my reviews
I see some people saying it's watery and such. The guy at the mall immediately opened it once I purchased it and said he had to let the air out. I am assuming this is what causes it to become more of a gel like substance. He was extremely insistent and enthusiastic. He made it seem like he was hiding the "discount" he was giving me, from his boss who was walking around. He said it was 80$ but then he pulls out a calculator and shows me $39.99! And woe is me I forgot to check trust amazon and I fell for it. He also charged me for the moisturizer despite me telling him to only charge me for the facial peeling first, since I wasn't not sure my card was at it's limit. He saw that I had mastercard and said they have some deal with mastercard and gave me another discount on the moisturizer after he showed me the price it would pull up oh the computer. Obviously they didn't have a deal with master card, and they were just willing to say anything to get you to buy the product. On the other hand, it really isn't that bad. Just extremely over priced in malls. The people who sell it, namely the guy I had the misfortune of encountering, are so sus.

Deja Vu Dead Sea Minerals Facial Peeling