Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Lisa Loeb AMO Shop Now Sale

on January 30, 2013
The product does its job. It made my skin "luminous" as the salesman said. BUT do your research for prices before you buy!! The salesmen told me it was an 80 dollar product, ended up selling to me for 40 dollars, I come online to do more research to see if what I bought was worth it and its on Amazon for 20 dollars. Good product, sketchy sells people. Be smarter than me and look up stuff before you buy it!!
66 comments74 of 77 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 7, 2011
I'd like to write about my personal experience with this product. While I can't say that it will work for everyone, it drastically and gently improved my skin texture, complexion and unclogged my pores. If you have thin sensitive skin or your skin has acne which is inflamed any exfoliant, including the most gentle like this product will irritate your skin. I have patchy skin, where my chin's pores used to become clogged and then skin would grow over the pore preventing the pore from draining. These are known as comedones or white heads, and they were not inflamed, but used to form these nasty bumps on my skin. I had tried everything from clay masks, to astringents, to store-bought exfoliants, to dermatological surgical procedures to get these pores drained but none were as effective. My cheeks were dry and used to form layers of dead skin which used to make the surface look dull. All store-bought exfoliants I had tried used to feel scratchy and used to irritate and redden my face so I stopped using them. This product is the most gentle and effective exfoliant I have ever tried, it removes the dry skin on my cheeks without causing a rash like store-bought exfoliants yet the salt granules are small enough to remove enough skin to drain comedones. I exfoliate with this product once a week and use the hydrating mineral gel immediately after. It's never caused me a rash. I absolutely love this product and would recommend it to anyone who has a tough time draining their pores or wants to gently remove dull dead skin to bring radiant new skin to the surface. Plus I'm so happy Amazon is selling it because it is a lot more reasonably priced.
0Comment77 of 88 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 27, 2014
It's a pretty good product but you people apparently don't know how to haggle. I got the entire set like 10 different items for under $100 in the mall kiosk. How? Haggling. I'm from Jerusalem so they know it when I go to them, they know not to try and bs me. the says ohhhh its 129 but 80 for you and say 25 which he laughs at but doesn't end it there. He insists 80 but I say 35 he says hes my friend blah blah blah I say were from the same place blah blah blah. He says you know what? I like you 50 so I say 25. He tells me the computer wont allow 25. We settle on 3 of the socalled "$130 items" + soap for a grand total of $50. Then I go to the other kiosk (my locl mall has 3 because americans don't know how to haggle) and do the same for the complete set.

Where we come from every price is negotiable, even milk, gas and sometimes taxes. Why do you think the peace talks never end?
22 comments30 of 33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 23, 2012
These products may be fine and all, but I did spend about $80 on the facial peel (they threw in a salt scrub--thanks) and the incredibly hard-core sales lady said, "You are killing me!" Well, they killed me for over $200. What a rip-off! And of course they are non-refundable. STAY AWAY FROM THE STORE ON CHRISTOPHER STREET IN MANHATTAN. I won't buy these products ever again, purely on principle, now that I see how cheap they really are. Shame on Deja Vu!
1818 comments61 of 74 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 27, 2013
I was one of the suckers who was pulled into the kiosk to let my wrist be "exfoliated" and have some gunk put under my eye. Giving credit where it's due, the salesperson (a young Israeli "hipster"!) was really really good! I ended up shelling out $100 for the eye goop and the exfoliant. Just tried the exfoliant on my face this morning and it is awful. I thought that simply rinsing my face would wash away the stuff but no..... I scrubbed. And scrubbed. And scrubbed, with a washcloth and an hour later, I can still feel that crap on my face. And I don't see or feel any difference on my skin (except for the grainy residue that won't come off!!) A very expensive mistake - just a word of warning to others who might think this stuff sounds like a great deal (at the mall kiosk, the prices are double what you see here on Amazon). Don't do it - there are better, more reputable products out there. Think Whole Foods cosmetics section - much better stuff.
55 comments30 of 35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 8, 2012
Deja Vu Dead Sea Minerals Face Peeling is the same product that the one i purchase from the mall but much cheaper at Amazon.I use this product once a week and my skin feel clean smooth and refreshing.
11 comment23 of 26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 1, 2011
First things first, I'm a 24 year old male who got roped into buying this from one of those overly persuasive girls at the mall kiosk. At first, I just didn't want to be rude and brush her off. She started showing me the products, then took this facial peel and starting rubbing it on my wrist. I've had a scar from a grease burn for almost five years that was slightly hidden by my sleeve. When I went to wash it off I noticed that the portion of the scar that had the solution applied to it had diminished nearly %50. She could've told me this little bottle was $200 and I still would've bought it. I started using this on my face once every week or so. The day after each use my skin was softer and clearer than it had ever previously been. It also really helps in avoiding ingrown hairs (probably not a concern for the majority of females who I would assume mainly purchase this product).
0Comment23 of 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 19, 2014
I was also roped into buying this product at the mall, like many of the other people who have written reviews. I have combination skin, with acne on my cheeks, occasional break outs on my forehead and sides of my chin. I've been using proactiv for years, but it recently stopped working for me.

I used it and my skin is glowing. My cheeks already look clearer, it seemed to have remove some of my acne scars. I also have fine facial hair, but I did not have an issue with it getting caught in it or not being able to rinse it off.

I would recommend this for a friend, but buy it online it's a lot cheaper than at the mall.
on April 12, 2014
I see some people saying it's watery and such. The guy at the mall immediately opened it once I purchased it and said he had to let the air out. I am assuming this is what causes it to become more of a gel like substance. He was extremely insistent and enthusiastic. He made it seem like he was hiding the "discount" he was giving me, from his boss who was walking around. He said it was 80$ but then he pulls out a calculator and shows me $39.99! And woe is me I forgot to check trust amazon and I fell for it. He also charged me for the moisturizer despite me telling him to only charge me for the facial peeling first, since I wasn't not sure my card was at it's limit. He saw that I had mastercard and said they have some deal with mastercard and gave me another discount on the moisturizer after he showed me the price it would pull up oh the computer. Obviously they didn't have a deal with master card, and they were just willing to say anything to get you to buy the product. On the other hand, it really isn't that bad. Just extremely over priced in malls. The people who sell it, namely the guy I had the misfortune of encountering, are so sus.
on May 11, 2014
PEOPLE NEED TO STOP GIVING THIS PRODUCT 1 STAR BECAUSE THEY FELT THEY GOT RIPPED OFF AT A STORE OR KIOSK. IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE PRODUCT AND IF IT WORKS. THE STAR SYSTEM IS FOR HOW THE PRODUCT WORKS NOT FOR HOW SOME SALES PERSON DID YOU WRONG. GIVE THE "PRODUCT" THE STARS IT DESERVES AND GO YELP THE STORE THAT RIPPED YOU OFF!!!!

I really wonder how these products can be sold with their outlandish promises and false advertisements. This is exactly that, FALSE advertising. Yes, I recently wrote a review raving about this product because I was fooled as well. Why the change in my tune? I took a closer look at the product and my skin today. I noticed I had a few dried flakes on my face, which is what? Dead skin trying to come off. So I figured I would just get it off with the dead skin peeler. I pumped the product out onto my fingers and rubbed it into my face and it did its "peeling." I washed my face and once it dried the same exact flakes were still there!!! So I don't how many of you have tried this but you might want to after you read what I'm about to tell you. I pumped some onto my fingers and rubbed them together and it did the same thing as it does on my face. It created what seemed to looked dead skin crumbling off. Now some of you are going to say yeah well that might be the skin on your fingers rubbing off. Well, I did it a second, third, fourth, and fifth time. Each time getting the same result. The more you pump out and rub the more it resembles "dead skin." This product is made to look like your dead skin is coming off but it is not. Its basically like putting a layer of white glue on your finger and waiting for it to dry to peel it off. Except in this instance you do not need to wait for the product to dry, it does it instantly. What a sham! Watch closer the next time you use this product. It will only "peel" off the same exact amount of product you use. I have no idea how they can claim this is making your dead skin off and get away with it. Its a total sham, scam, whatever you want to call it but it's not remove your dead skin. I feel really dumb for getting sucked into this sham of a product.

Why 2 stars and not 1? Because it did make my skin feel softer after using it. Its up to you what you want to do but I'm sure there are cheaper ways of making your skin feel softer. But if you are looking for something that peels you skin, this is not it. Can you believe they sell this crap for $170 on their website?! what a joke. I'm reporting the company to the better business bureau as should you if you have purchased this product and discover what I have.
11 comment10 of 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse