Delayed again to March 20th...SO DISAPPOINTED!!!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-16 of 16 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 19, 2012 5:12:29 PM PST
XIAO CHEN says:
Almost lost interest in it.....

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2012 10:16:09 PM PST
Justin Scott says:
That is a little disapointing especially since its an updated port of the originals 2 and 3. Since when do game developers need more time to rehash an original game that has already been out for years? Kind of strange.

Posted on Feb 19, 2012 10:24:40 PM PST
James Day says:
This has to be a mistake. Surely Amazon will fix this. Why would they push it back yet again, this would be the 3rd time! I'm getting tired of waiting. I'll have SSX to tide me over, but I wanted to rebeat 2 for the fifteenth time before I jumped into Downpour, I'm scared for the voices in 3, seeing as that's my favorite of the series next to the original (which stands proudly on my PS3 and gets played more than most of my disc games).

Posted on Feb 21, 2012 7:18:08 AM PST
Rockhound says:
I think I know why and it's a bad move. 3/20 is the date that the new Resident Evil game comes out.

Posted on Feb 21, 2012 7:35:33 AM PST
Hell Monkey says:
Ugh, well this was already on the backburner since ME3 came out on 3/6, but now Tales of Grace F will also come out first.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 21, 2012 5:43:04 PM PST
All game websites I checked still claim a release date of 3/6/12. Hopefully this is Amazon's error...

Posted on Feb 21, 2012 11:38:22 PM PST
C. Oliver says:
Game Fly and Gamestop are also claiming it to have been pushed back to March 20th. Gamestop isn't exactly a reliable source, but Game Fly never shows a date (it'd say TBD) or changes the date unless they get official confirmation from the publisher (in this case, Konami). Hate to say it, but it's likely the truth.

Konami is hiding behind the retailers and being secretive as usual. They haven't even bothered to do a press release. I'd like some clarification on why this is happening at least. It's an HD Collection, what more could they have to do? I did hear rumor of some missing textures in certain areas of the game, perhaps they're working on that. I just hope they've a good reason for consistently disappointing their fans.

Posted on Feb 22, 2012 9:03:23 AM PST
Don Squeek says:
What makes less sense is that if you preorder this game you get a code to get 5 dollars off on downpour. But that code won't E-mail to you until after this collection ships which is NOW a week after downpour comes out. So how can I retroactivly use the code to get 5 dollars off a game I will have already had to purchase? Dumb.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 29, 2012 4:16:08 PM PST
Rampart82 says:
Seems all gaming sites are now reporting the delay: http://www.joystiq.com/2012/02/29/silent-hill-hd-collection-delayed-to-march-20/

Posted on Mar 6, 2012 10:12:28 AM PST
This is no error of release date. I went to pick up my reserved copy @ game stop this morning and they said that it's to be out on the 20th! I'm so mad, I've had this on reserve since I went to pick up Downpour on the 25th of October! Which also was pushed and have watched the release date move back and forth. I wish the guys who are in charge of this game make up their bleeping minds already! I agree with Rockhound, bad move to go against Resident Evil.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 6, 2012 3:53:03 PM PST
Rampart82 says:
It really is frustrating when game developer/publishers misjudge how far along a game is and announce a release date that can not be met. I'm annoyed that I have to wait longer to get the games I want to play but, I'm glad that they decide to push them back in order to fully polish them and weed out all the bugs, especially for a classic game like SH2.

I would be much more annoyed if they had released the collection, a few months back, but it was completely unplayable or buggy.

I'm reminded of games like Skyrim (mainly referring to the PS3 version) that are rushed out with tons of bugs and this is considered acceptable, in the eyes of the publisher/developer, mainly because they roll out fix after fix in the months after it's release. It's like buying a beta version and hoping that the game is complete by the time you finish it.

It sucks that the game has been delayed so many times but now they shouldn't have an excuse for it to be buggy.

Posted on Mar 7, 2012 8:43:40 PM PST
Round and round the delays go.....
where they stop......
NO BODY KNOWS!

Posted on Mar 8, 2012 9:08:20 AM PST
paper tiger says:
Yay! Now has release-date delivery!

Posted on Mar 15, 2012 9:58:51 PM PDT
VB says:
Is this collection worth it? Never played Silent Hill before, but looking to get into it.

Posted on Mar 16, 2012 4:49:52 AM PDT
paper tiger says:
Silent Hill 3 is by far the best. It's not only a great Silent Hill game but up there on my list of all-time best games. Go to youtube and check out some gameplay video for both. Try and search for Silent Hill 3 HD Gameplay. Silent Hill 2 is pretty decent as well. In my opinion this Silent Hill 2 & 3 HD Collection contains the best games in the series.

My only hesitation with this Collection will be the game control. It was a little funny back then, so I wonder how they did with it now. Either way I've had this pre-ordered for quite some time now and I'm very much looking forward to it.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 16, 2012 1:39:10 PM PDT
Rampart82 says:
I know it's just your opinion but my favorite SH game is by far SH2. The story in that game blew me away. My advice for newcomers is to not read too many reviews or comments on these games since SH 2 has a huge spoiler that is best reveled within the game.

Metacritic rates SH2 at 89/100 and SH3 at 85/100. Again though, these scores are based on reviews which are people's opinion, not fact.

For anyone that isn't sold yet on the SH Collection then I suggest watching this video: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/878-Silent-Hill-2

I must warn you though, Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw, the person preview/reviewing SH 2 in this video, berates every game and hardly gives compliments, so you might be confused as to why he pokes so many holes in the Silent hill franchise, but he truly does love SH 2.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  13
Total posts:  16
Initial post:  Feb 19, 2012
Latest post:  Mar 16, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Silent Hill HD Collection - Playstation 3
Silent Hill HD Collection - Playstation 3 by Konami (PlayStation 3)
3.4 out of 5 stars   (170)