Safety Month BOTMKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Drowners The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM
Customer Discussions > Here Comes Science forum

Delayed? You don't have to hear, "Is it here yet?!"

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 2, 2009 9:42:27 AM PDT
JT says:
If you promise kids it will be ready Sept 1st, then bust the sucker out. Being notified on Sept 2nd the CD is delayed was pretty slacker.

I did not have it in my hand yesterday and was 'the bad guy' and it's my fault. At least there are the new videos - good tease.

Q: "Daddy why is the TMBG CD late?"
A: That's a musician for ya. These things happen, in the entertainment biz.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 2, 2009 11:24:26 AM PDT
sara sue says:
Puh-leeze. What in the world makes you think it's the fault of the band? It's not. It's the fault of the company that actually puts out the thing. And that would be, hm....oh yeah! Disney! Why are you protecting the corporate mouse? Everybody knows that TMBG is one of the most generous bands on the face of the planet, giving away free music since Day One. You are giving musicians a very bad rap. Not cool, Dad.

Posted on Sep 2, 2009 3:56:23 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 2, 2009 4:09:53 PM PDT
D. Rodriguez says:
In addition to Disney, it's also the fault of Amazon for not ordering sufficient stock to cover the pre-orders. Amazon is supposed to have the most advance stock management system and they clearly dropped the ball on this one.

There were a few reasons I ordered this from Amazon. First, is they were supposed to have the product exclusively ahead of of other retailers by a few weeks. Second, they ship new product promptly, and you (usually) get it on the day of release. Given how impatient the kids and I are for the new CD, getting the CD as early as possible was very important. Plus given how organized their inventory management is (as well as the free shipping) it seemed like I couldn't go wrong with Amazon.

But now I find out (from TMBG) that Amazon is out of stock and rather than admit that, Amazon is just re-writing history and claiming the release date is 9/8 instead of 9/1. Which is a BS way of pretending they haven't screwed up, which they have.

Both the kids and dad are very angry. Grrrr!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 2, 2009 4:09:48 PM PDT
sara sue says:
True that. Maybe no one anticipated such an overwhelming pre-order response. In any event, I think it's unfair to blame the band when it's clearly the fault of The Man. Maybe you can parlay this into a multi-layered lesson for your kids! They can learn about patience AND the Corpocracy!

Posted on Sep 4, 2009 7:54:07 AM PDT
Nick G. says:
... and about poor customer service. We could have been notified.

Posted on Sep 4, 2009 11:46:13 AM PDT
I'm as impatient as anyone about this album, but we can cut Amazon a little slack. Unlike a Harry Potter book, this album wasn't promised to be in our hands on the release date. I'm sure they ordered tons of them, but who would've guessed it would be #4 on their top selling cd's?

If you're dying to hear the album, go listen at AOL Spinner (but do it soon.) Subscribe to the video podcast on iTunes.

I just hope TMBG wins another Grammy for this one. They deserve it.

Posted on Sep 4, 2009 12:45:29 PM PDT
I'd be perfectly happy to cut Amazon some slack if they'd given us mp3 downloads of the album while we waited. I'd imagine that'd conflict with iTunes "exclusive", though.

Posted on Sep 7, 2009 12:50:23 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 7, 2009 12:53:02 PM PDT
kzturtlegirl says:
It's not just Amazon. I went to three different brick-and-mortar stores yesterday to grab it (and, by the way, was at Disneyland on September 1st, expecting to get it then, and couldn't find it there, either!) and was told by Barnes & Noble it would be out on September 22nd.

If Amazon is saying it's out on the 8th, and B&N is saying the 22nd..... I think I sense another TMBG song coming out of this. Instead of Arlen Specter being featured in this future conspiracy-plot song, perhaps it will feature Tipper Gore?

Posted on Sep 8, 2009 7:34:21 AM PDT
W. Calhoun says:
The album was always going to be released everywhere on September 22, it was just supposed to be at Amazon and iTunes on the 1st. Of course, as we all know, Amazon won't have it until the 8th now.

Posted on Sep 9, 2009 7:36:19 PM PDT
D. Rodriguez says:
It's now September 9th, and I'm still waiting for the album I was supposed to have on the 1st. Still angry at Amazon.....
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Here Comes Science forum
Participants:  8
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  Sep 2, 2009
Latest post:  Sep 9, 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Here Comes Science
Here Comes Science by They Might Be Giants (Audio CD - 2009)
4.8 out of 5 stars (396)