Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 61 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 4, 2012 2:42:35 PM PDT
twztid13 says:
Amazon sent me an email saying it had new release info from the publisher. I could have sworn that the game released in the 3rd week of June, or so. Am I crazy, or did this get delayed? I hope it's not a sign of problems of any kind.

Posted on May 4, 2012 4:20:17 PM PDT
Binx says:
Yeah I got the same email. I also thought it was set to originally release in June . Wish those emails would also give the original release dates.

Posted on May 4, 2012 4:23:50 PM PDT
twztid13 says:
Same here. I got FSSS (as I have a fighteningly huge backlog), so it gives me an estimated delivery date. That doesn't make it easy me calculate the original release date. I could look on the interwebz, but I'd rather ask here :).

Posted on May 4, 2012 4:29:35 PM PDT
Krylancelo says:
I'm sort of surprised it looks to be delayed, but also a little relieved. Now I don't have to worry about which game to buy for May/June and can stick with Atelier Meruru as my go to RPG. Still, maybe they'll release a limited edition or something with more time for the Last Story.

In reply to an earlier post on May 4, 2012 4:36:25 PM PDT
twztid13 says:
We barely got them to bring it over with the UK dubs, so I have no faith they'll do anything extra, unfortunately. I'd love to be proven wrong, though!

In reply to an earlier post on May 5, 2012 4:34:57 AM PDT
kamekkusu says:
You're right, the original release date was June 19th.

Posted on May 5, 2012 2:00:32 PM PDT
I got the same email. I would be more bummed (which I am, don't get me wrong), but I just got a new PC a month ago and a big stack of unplayed games (not to mention the games I've only put a few hours into). I still want to beat Xenoblade before I get The Last Story. I should be able to now.

In reply to an earlier post on May 5, 2012 4:10:27 PM PDT
twztid13 says:
I'm in the same boat. Built a great PC, and bought a ton of cheap games for it (not to mention the 40+ console games I have yet to touch - including Xenoblade). I was in no hurry, but I was worried that this was bad news. Anyone know why it was delayed?

Posted on May 7, 2012 12:28:21 PM PDT
I just pre-ordered the game. Why is it that it was delayed and nobody told us as of why? I just heard that XSEED just canceled one of their PSP imports recently, which that can't be a good sign.

Posted on May 7, 2012 2:32:57 PM PDT
I'm in no big hurry, I'm just glad it's coming out here.

In reply to an earlier post on May 22, 2012 7:45:34 AM PDT
twztid13 says:
Yeah, I still don't know why it was delayed. Did anone hear anything?

Posted on May 23, 2012 6:26:26 AM PDT
NeoStar9 says:
Kinda glad it's been pushed back. Still have Xenoblade to play through and don't think I'll be done by the time it was suppose to have come out as I'm taking my time with it.

In reply to an earlier post on May 23, 2012 7:02:43 AM PDT
twztid13 says:
Me, too, but it's always scary when there's no reason given. I trust it in my possession knowing I can play it later, more than I trust that it's actually coming out at all when random delays are involved (especially with all the problems we had getting Ninty to bring it over). I was just worried is all, lol.

In reply to an earlier post on May 25, 2012 5:28:45 AM PDT
Hell Monkey says:
I'm the same way. 55 hours into Xenoblade and no end in sight.

Posted on May 26, 2012 1:19:49 AM PDT
Imbrium says:
From what I understand, XSEED never actually gave a concrete release date, it's the retailers that have been supplying one. http://xseedgames.com/forums/showthread.php?1794-This-game-is-delayed-till-july-13 Plus, it seems they might be trying for a Limited Edition Bundle (don't quote me on this) and that might factor in too. Personally, if they need a month to make a bundle with some goodies in it, I'm all for a little wait.

In reply to an earlier post on May 26, 2012 1:28:03 AM PDT
twztid13 says:
I will be mad if there's a CE with little to no heads up. The delay (or whatever) is fine, as we all said, but I was just worried about it being perpetually delayed in the US.

In reply to an earlier post on May 26, 2012 2:07:24 AM PDT
Imbrium says:
XSEED has not said anything about canceling the release of this game. From what I can tell, they only said summer 2012 until recently, and now their forums are saying July 13th, while Gamestop and Amazon still have it around the 10th. It's not XSEED's fault that retailers are giving us false dates before they're ready to release the game. It should be out soon, no worries. :)

In reply to an earlier post on May 26, 2012 2:33:53 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 26, 2012 2:37:18 AM PDT
twztid13 says:
No, I'm not blaming Xseed. I know how those things work in real life (release dates & retailers vs developers vs publishers). I just had an unfounded fear that "something" would eventually happen & cause it not to come out here. It just seemed too good to be true when I heard about it getting a US release, so when it was "delayed," and I hadn't heard why (I follow gaming news on a consistent basis), my mind went into, "here it goes....somethings gonna prevent it's release, I just know it," mode, lol. Thanks for the info & the link, Imbrium. Much appreciated, bud.

BTW, IF they release a CE, I HOPE that Amazon gets to sell it & that they give a sufficient 'head's up' to consumers, so we can switch if we want. I'd hate for this order to go through, THEN they release it, y'kmow?

In reply to an earlier post on May 26, 2012 4:50:33 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 26, 2012 4:51:43 PM PDT
Imbrium says:
Not a prob, XSEED HAS had to cancel games in the past due to various things (another party not getting translations through, problems with licensing, etc etc) But they've always let us know it had happened, and that they were going to have to cancel the localization. I'm an XSEED fangirl, so I follow them very carefully. If XSEED has any problems at this point, it'd probably be like, a delay of a week or two, like NISA and Atelier Meruru. I know Twilight Princess was in Limbo for like, 2 years, and now with Wrath of the White Witch pushed back to 2013... yeah, I totally understand your fears, no worries. XD (On another subject, Operation Rainfall is trying to get developers interested in Pandora's Tower, and there's a bonus for donating to the cause. Personally, I think that publishers seeing people donating their own money to help this game brought over and showing how much it's wanted is a good tactic in itself, but... http://operationrainfall.com/help-pitch-pandoras-tower-to-publishers-and-get-a-classy-collectors-case/ ) I won't lie. I would love XSEED to handle Pandora's Tower too, but I haven't seen a localization they've done yet that I didn't like. And since THEY approached Nintendo about TLS, if it sells well they might take it up. (I hope I hope I hoooooope~!) Although I know Atlus would do an amazing job too. And probably get it to us a little sooner.

I DO agree with the Limited edition thing. My Gamestop is not very good about letting me know that hey, there's a new option! A phone call or something to let me know would be much appreciated, you know? As far as I know, if they do offer it, it'll be available through normal retailers. Amazon would have the new option up and obvious, GS? -__- PSH. We're totally on our own, having to check gaming info, and telling them that we want the new version (IF they carry it! They've gotten twitchy about carrying Special Editions from some of the smaller companies! >< )

In reply to an earlier post on May 26, 2012 5:50:27 PM PDT
twztid13 says:
I stay far away from Gamestop. I have a buddy that's really into all the 3rd party Japanese publishers, and he keeps a thread in the cheapassgamer.com deal pages updated with their info. I supported Op Rainfall for a LONG time. I just wish that they gave out a steelbook or something for donating, as a cardboard sleeve just doesn't do it for me (and I certainly don't have faith that the money I donate will go to the localization of Pandora's Tower). I'm really glad we all kept at Ninty until they caved in on Xenoblade (as that made the other games alot easier to consider by XSeed & Atlus). I am not too into Pandora's Tower, but I would buy it day one on principle (and it is a solid game, but just not entirely my cup of tea).

I certainly don't expect to hear anything worthwhile from Gamestop, but I'd be upset if Amazon or Newegg wasn't able to sale a CE of TLS (if it were to exist). If it did exist, you'd think they'd want to list it for at least a month to garner support from gamers that don't keep up with gaming news daily. I wouldn't mind waiting if that were the case, but again, I was only worried because I DO visit many gaming sites daily, and had not heard a reason for the "delay" and it got me worried (and places like GameSpot had TLS releasing in late June in the US, so it wasn't just Amazon that had that date from somewhere).

In reply to an earlier post on May 26, 2012 7:47:52 PM PDT
Imbrium says:
If it's a limited or special edition, I... tend to avoid Amazon. They have a history of shipping those stupidly at times, to the point where the LE box arrived crushed, or at least damaged. I've personally only had two bad experiences, but that last one was enough to make me go... yeah, I'll pay GS the tax if it means mine's in one piece.

I'm least excited about PT, but it DOES look like a good game, and the Wii has a lack of good RPGs IMO. I would hope that XC and TLS doing well would be enough to get PT here, but it never hurts to see support from consumers. I mean Megaman Legends 3 was dropped, and Capcom cited a lack of support/interest from consumers (mind you, they also asked for input from "us", and I didn't see anything announced about them doing that!) I know it's a different company all together, but I try and show support for these things anyway I can at this point.

In reply to an earlier post on May 26, 2012 9:00:28 PM PDT
twztid13 says:
I do, too. It was sad that they wanted us to pay for a demo - beta of MML3, then say there was not enough interest. Makes no sense. I'd say if people were willing to pay them for that, they'd have a pretty interested crowd, lol. I joined the FB page for that, too :(.

I've never had any problems with Amazon's CE's, but I've probably only ordered like 5 - 6 over the last several years (and 4 were since Oct. 2011). I heard about them shipping CE's in lousy packaging from others, but it has to be the people they ship with (at least in my case). Everytime they ship games to me UPS, it's been late, it gets here at 8pm, it's been opened, etc. I told them, and they agreed to ship Fed Ex, who did great the few times they delivered, but Amazon switched it to Smart-Post, where Fed Ex just does the flying, and USPS does the rest (which I understand when it's FSSS, but if I pay, I want it done right). About 3 weeks later, UPS got all of my packages, and Amazon (or a CS Rep) said they wouldn't switch unless certain conditions were met, but they did have a preference for Fed Ex for me (which didn't work, apparently). This was all game related, but never CE's. Good point about that issue, though. I, too, would rather pay tax & get what I pay for, than save 8.25% & get a wrecked CE that can't be replaced (or would be a hassle if it could - and you'd be relying on their word to send you another). I don't like the Best Buy, Target, Walmart, etc., as they are 1st come, 1st serve, and sometimes they don't even put the items out.

In reply to an earlier post on May 27, 2012 7:51:39 PM PDT
Imbrium says:
My Walmart, Target and ToysRUs (and Best Buy. Ugh) Don't really order games unless they're very, very mainstream. Final Fantasy, Street Fighters, Resident Evil... I couldn't even find Castlevania for PS3 anywhere in the area that wasn't GS. Forget about something like the Ar Tonelico games... It's really unfortunate. But games like that don't sell as well as omg, new Halo!!!11! So I can't blame them, I guess. No store wants to lose money like that, especially in this economy.

I have had CE's show up in good condition, not a ding anywhere, but the last one I ordered from Amazon had a mashed outer box. =/ It seems like a more recent problem, so what you're saying kind of makes sense. Now, just games? No prob, they can take a little rough treatment, Amazon price matches other places, and they have an infinitely better selection than GS. :D If you want older games GS is NOT where you want to go. And they have a bad habit of chucking cases at times (I know someone who worked for one, and he said that yes, sometimes those DS games you see without a case? It had one, they threw it out. WHAT? I understand they only have so much room, but arrrrrrrrgh!)

And I'm starting to feel bad, because this has gone from a discussion about the topic title to other things. ^^; Still haven't heard anything concrete about a LE for The Last Story, altho XSEED is going to be at E3 this year and might announce something then. Just a couple of weeks and we'll know something for sure, I hope! *crosses fingers*

In reply to an earlier post on May 29, 2012 8:44:53 AM PDT
twztid13 says:
It's all good. If other people contributed & we went off topic in the midst, it may be different. No one was responding to my thread title anymore, anyway.

I think alot of the reason some of those games/genres don't sell better is BECAUSE those places won't give them an opportunity to. It seems big places got burned a long time ago, and now don't want to touch 'niche' titles. That may be so (I'm not sure if it is, though), but if they would give just 15% of the space that they dedicate to bigger selling franchises (or if they'd actually make the game available for purchase AT ALL), they might not be so 'niche'. That could turn into a "chicken or the egg" argument, but I think people that love these games from devs like VanillaWare (and MANY more) are much more likely to buy the games at full price, buy a CE, and not trade it in. Those devs usually give crazy amount of replay value. I hate using Bamco as an example, but the Tales series is usually awesome about content (sucks they are now getting out of hand with so many DLC costumes, etc, which makes them closer to becoming Capcom).

I hate trying to buy new games from Gamestop, as I got a Talse of Vesperia (when it 1st released) in a scatched up box with HUGE yellow stckers at the top & bottom of spine & UNDERNEATH the plastic on the front ON the actual insert that said, "NEW $59.99". Only copy in 200 miles from there, they said (and it was the 3rd & final Gamestop in my city at the time). I tried to get a discount for the looks of it (or asking to get it for the "used" price), just because I had heard it was hard to find everywhere, and I wanted that game. I bought it, but it has made a lasting impression on me (and I even had to ask for a sealed copy of Xenoblade since they tried to sell me a "Gamestop new" copy that was already opened & had stickers on it).

In reply to an earlier post on May 30, 2012 4:25:22 PM PDT
Imbrium says:
Oh hay, I totally realized that it was your topic. Yeah... ignore me.

Gamestop... Gamestop bothers me on some deep levels. They let their employees take "new" games home to try, throw a sticker on it and still claim it's a new copy. Asking them why it's classified as new when they do that BS just gets you a 'what are you talking about, we don't do that! spiel. And as far as I know, they still do it, it's a perk of working there. -__- If it was really, REALLY new it'd be sealed, thank you. I, too, have had that rageface moment where I'm pulling off a price sticker and oh, ha ha, look at that, part of the box art just got ripped off! (FJIEHRGHJK!!!!!!!!) Or if you buy Used, and they're EVERYWHERE- on the outside plastic, which isn't as bad, but under it on the cover slip?!

...Seriously yeah. *facepalm* I feel like the smaller companies are just glossed over half the time. And niche titles don't always stay that way- I mean, look at Disgaea. It was a little title, I saw it down to $20, and boom! Cult classic, they have had I think 3 reprints (4?) on the PS2 alone, and ported to the DS AND PSP. Games like that could become wildly popular if stores would just ORDER THEM. Even gamestop is stupid about that sometimes, I'll ask when x game is coming out/go in to preorder and they're like... that is not on our list, hang on a second. Are you sure you don't want to preorder Gears of War XIII? :D Or how about Radiant Historia, they just reprinted that one too, because it sold so well. Or SMT Nocturne (which I saw at a GS for $8 back in the day, soundtrack and all, WTF?!) and has been reprinted I don't know how many times now, go Atlus! Or, or, OR~! The list goes on! But thank you GS, for keeping FFXII and every single expansion pack for WoW in stock for me. Really.

I don't trade my games in, period, so if it's got bonuses I try and grab them. XD I mean, have you SEEN how much Hyperdimension Neptunia is going for?! (Actually my GS has one listed as NEW for $30, no art book, but I'm still scared.) I only got a new, un-stickered copy of Ar Tonelico Qoga because the GS I went to had like 6 copies of it.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  The Last Story forum
Participants:  21
Total posts:  61
Initial post:  May 4, 2012
Latest post:  Aug 10, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Last Story
The Last Story by Xseed (Nintendo Wii)
4.5 out of 5 stars   (240)