Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-20 of 20 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 16, 2010 4:29:26 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 16, 2010 7:10:18 AM PST
Deus Ex: Human Revolution has been delayed from its March 8th release date in till sometime in the companies next fiscal year, which is 4/2011-4/2012

http://pc.ign.com/articles/114/1140477p1.html

Posted on Dec 16, 2010 4:01:00 PM PST
If there is a brightside to this, it's that we won't have to hear the dreaded: "we didn't have time to finish the ending because we had to rush release." Now they have no excuse for bugs and glitches. Plus, there's no way they'd cancel the game this far into development.

Posted on Dec 17, 2010 4:22:01 PM PST
Jason Krol says:
their reasons are sound - and if they are a little worried and want to make sure this is absolutely the best it can be thats great (i mean they already said they are commited to a 10 year plan with this IP). That being said, it worries me that it needed to be delayed to get some more polish - polish is 1 thing. if its just not good and they are scrambling to try to make some tweaks... well that could be a really bad sign for the company. It seems they are really banking hard on the success of this title. Im really crossing my fingers that it will turn out to be a really great game! Still bummed about the delay, but if its ultimately for the best, fine by me. theres plenty coming out in that time area anyway!

Posted on Dec 19, 2010 1:36:25 PM PST
So more time to play the first ones..

Posted on Dec 20, 2010 11:39:46 AM PST
A. OFlaherty says:
Haha I can't blame them...with Bioware releasing an RPG the same day I'd push it back too. Not a good idea to butt heads with BW RPGs

Posted on Dec 22, 2010 9:57:08 AM PST
Thrak360 says:
I'm not too upset about the delay, I really want this game to be good. The first few months of 2011 already have a handful of games I consider "must haves" - Dead Space 2, Test Drive Unlimited 2, Marvel vs Capcom 3, BulletStorm. So if Deus Ex slips to the middle of 2011 or later, it's not like I'll have nothing to play.

Posted on Dec 23, 2010 5:19:21 PM PST
"Haha I can't blame them...with Bioware releasing an RPG the same day"

I agree. Bioware is on a serious hot streak. If Dragon Age 2 is anything like Mass Effect 2 (in terms of making the series more friendly to a larger market of gamers) then it will be a brutal fighter to get in the ring with on launch day.

Posted on Jan 14, 2011 9:21:59 AM PST
Narcotyx says:
It's delayed because Square Enix, now owners of Eidos, didn't have as good a year financially as they expected. Being that the fiscal year ends April 1 the game would have only had a month to post the majority of its sales. Effectively, by pushing the game to April they can pad their 2011 fiscal figures and record all of the games sales month over month making their 2011 fiscal year look better than it would have by sticking with to the original March release. This is a move mostly to make Square Enix look better to investors at the end of their 2011 fiscal year.

Now that we've cleared up the reason for the delay, I still hope the game turns out to be as good as the trailer has hyped it up to be. The only real question concerning me right now is which platform to get it for.

Posted on Jan 15, 2011 5:04:18 PM PST
Jason Krol says:
UGH! I really hope it was a typo or just extreme speculation, but the latest Game Informer (Skyrim cover) mentions now that the game has until Spring 2012 to arrive?!?! Im seriously hoping thats worst case scenario and this game isnt actually delayed a whole year?!!?!

That being said, if its seriously delayed a year, it better be the most amazing piece of gaming ever to be experienced in the history of the world :P

Posted on Jan 17, 2011 5:11:05 AM PST
Thrak360 says:
Jason, all we really know from Square Enix is that the game will release in their 2011 Fiscal Year - which runs from April 1, 2011 until March 31, 2012. I had the same reaction when I first saw the note in Game Informer, but looking at it again, GI was basically pointing out the worst case.

Posted on Jan 19, 2011 2:44:19 PM PST
Square Enix had a bad year? But what about the launch of the wildly successful and critically acclaimed FFXIV? <snort>

Posted on Jan 21, 2011 7:56:24 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 21, 2011 8:01:41 PM PST
OrangeCrush says:
Yeah I just read this a few days ago in my new Game Informer Magazine. Its all good tho as I am never against extending a games development time, especially games I consider must buy games. If they do it there must be a good reason for doing it. IMO all game developers should go by the Blizzard mantra "We wont release it until its done". The game will just be that much better now.

This cant be good for Square Enix tho. They already lowered their expected income for 2010 by 92%. NINTY TWO PERCENT, OUCH!!!!! That has to be one of the worst performances, in regards to meeting expectations, the video game market has seen in quite some time. 92%!!! I would be fearing for my job if I worked there. All the more reason why they need Dues Ex to be a AAA release.

Posted on Feb 24, 2011 8:21:23 AM PST
IMO, SE has failed alot on alot of their titles latly. i used to think of SE being the best out there and i would just buy the game without a thought of what i was getting into. now i really dont pre order/buy anything from them until i see the reviews. all of thier games seem rushed and missing the elements that made the games really good.

that being said, if they make Deus Ex great, that will redeem them in my mind.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 3, 2011 11:43:34 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 3, 2011 11:45:52 AM PST
H. Vargas says:
@ Evan W. Jenkins
Bioware's been on nothing, but a hot streak if I may say so myself. To have the talent that they do to keep on putting out quality titles like they do is nothing short of amazing and when they announce a title everyone listens just goes to show. Anyways back to the post I am kind of disappointed that Deus Ex was delayed, but if it does make for a better title than cool as the number of bugs in Fallout New Vegas could attest to.

Posted on Mar 6, 2011 5:36:59 PM PST
eidos say they'll announce the release date sometime this week lets all hope deus ex comes out soon

Posted on Mar 8, 2011 6:52:18 AM PST
A. OFlaherty says:
Release Date Leak: August 26th

Posted on Mar 8, 2011 10:24:59 AM PST
Official US Release Date: August 23rd.

Posted on Mar 9, 2011 12:44:04 AM PST
GlassAgate says:
http://kotaku.com/#!5779954/deus-ex-human-revolution-gets-augmented-with-fancy-extras-and-a-release-date

Looks like if you get the Augmented Edition at either Amazon or GameStop, you'll
be getting the same DLC.

Amazon has de-listed any mention of bonus DLC, and GameStop still claims
to have exclusive DLC.

Posted on Mar 11, 2011 10:57:26 AM PST
August 23rd...my birthday. This is a portent. Maybe I'll splurge on that mechanical arm after all.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 15, 2011 12:28:25 PM PDT
Aging Gamer says:
It will be coming out end of August 2011.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  14
Total posts:  20
Initial post:  Dec 16, 2010
Latest post:  Aug 15, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Xbox 360
Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Xbox 360 by Square Enix (Xbox 360)
4.3 out of 5 stars   (249)