Customer Discussions > Yoga For Beginners forum

Deleted reviews

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-13 of 13 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 25, 2008 8:25:09 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 26, 2008 7:56:32 AM PST
Emily says:
I have noticed that the following one star review was deleted from Body Wisdom & Barbara Benagh's Yoga for Beginners dvd. I can only guess that it was done because it was not a positive review of the product.
Here is the deleted review:

1 Star
Not really a beginner DVD,
January 13, 2008
By T. Tibbetts "MajorGeek" (Baldwinsville, NY) - See all my reviews
I simply do not get it. I had no idea from the beginning of the dvd that I had passed the beginning stretches and warm-up until I paused it. This sets the tone for what to follow. A beginner dvd that does not even tell you that the stretching is done and what the next section is. >From there, many movements that you had to do were subtle and not explained well. I was uncomfortable feeling I may not be doing it correctly. There was no guidance as to what you could do when you could not complete the excercise as shown, most beginners will not be this flexible. Finally, it discussed what mght be the normal for Yoga (mind, balance and the like) yet I had no clue what that was even about. I just wanted to learn very basic Yoga as I am middle aged and out of shape. It amazed me that a "beginner" video was simply a 60 minute workout with literally no help or explanation whatsoever. I have ordered a few more beginner DVD's and hope that this saves someone else from disappointment, regardless of other reviews. This was my FIRST ever yoga dvd and attempt at it, ie, a true beginner.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 25, 2008 10:07:19 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 26, 2008 7:35:01 AM PST
Kate says:
Thanks Emily,
This is pretty disturbing. The review mentioned seem like a decent, credible review. I ran accross the forum when I was reading reviews for this dvd, thinking that I might purchase the product. I'm going to have to think about it more now after learning that negative reviews are taken off the page.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2008 8:35:17 AM PST
Emily says:
Hi Kate,
Yes it is very disturbing. This was not the only review taken off either, nor from only this title. Others reviews were taken off of different Body Wisdom titles. What follows is yet another review that was deleted from this page. Again I can only guess that it was done because it was not a positive review of the product.
Here is the deleted review:

1 star
NOT FOR BEGINNERS,
January 13, 2008
By Carolwkelly "foxie" (new jersey) - See all my reviews
I find this a dvd to hard for beginners and it doesnt have any relaxation techniques!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 2, 2008 2:48:28 PM PST
Emma Breslin says:
Good for you Emily for taking note. Seems like you will keep these DVD producers honest! :)

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 4, 2008 5:22:17 AM PST
Georgia J. says:
I don't know what to believe anymore!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 4, 2008 9:03:42 PM PST
Emily says:
These were legitimate reviews that were taken down. Hopefully the two reviewers that put them up will see this forum and repost them on the page. My hope is that Amazon will do an investigation of all of the Yoga titles to determine what the real status of all the reviews are.

In reply to an earlier post on May 15, 2008 2:06:38 AM PDT
A. Valverde says:
I just wrote a 1 star review, as I did not like this dvd at all. Not very often do I feel compelled to write a review in this manner but ...this dvd was no good for beginners at all. In case it gets deleted...which I WILL contact Amazon and demand an investigation if this happens... Here is my review.

I bought this video after years of not doing yoga, I used to do it religiously...I was VERY dissapointed in this video. It doesn't show you exactly what you should be doing, just vague wording to describe it while it focuses the camera at the wrong angles. THIS IS NOT FOR BEGINNERS.

Wish I could get my money back for it.

Her southern accent is VERY distracting as well.

I do NOT recommend this video at all.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2008 10:27:31 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 16, 2008 10:28:03 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2008 11:55:27 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 16, 2008 11:57:13 AM PST
Olivia F. says:
I think that maybe the whole review system needs to be reviewed.

Posted on Apr 7, 2012 7:18:55 AM PDT
M. Kelson says:
I recntly wrote a review on an Item I purchased on Amazon. It was not an Amazon product but rather a company they allowed to use their site (and consequnt good name/and reliability. They sent me an e-mail (sure it was a standard one) which said they would not post it as written and listed the no-no's that forced them to refuse any review that included these items. I checked the list and my review did not have any of those items in the subject matter I was complaining about. I wrote them back and told them I would not revise it, that what I posted was the truth and I did not include any of the no-no's they listed. I never got a reply but never saw the review posted. This is disheartening to me as I always felt Amazon was the best site on the net to order most anything you wanted or needed and they would back up a guarentee of quality, and honesty and if you had a problem you could contact them and write a review of your problem to warn others. I wonder how many other review of a negative nature are not posted? This is making me rethink purchasing at Amazon in the future and believe me I have been a steady customer for them for as long as they have existed on the Internet. Marie K.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 28, 2013 5:52:42 PM PST
S. Calderone says:
Thankfully - we can return items for free with Amazon.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 6, 2014 10:03:57 AM PST
Cuvtixo says:
It is a bit discriminatory to complain of someone's accent. As long as she is clear and understandable, I don't think it's very fair to criticize.
Plus it seems like you give a one-star review only to dare Amazon to remove it, not because it was actually that bad. That's not very fair either.
I was getting mad about reviews being removed until I read yours. Now I'm not so sure.

Posted on Feb 11, 2014 6:30:08 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 11, 2014 7:09:59 AM PST
Reviews get removed when more people have checked the "Not Helpful" instead of the "Helpful" option box underneath every review. The same thing applies to comments, aka did it add to the discussion or not. It's just common sense, not some silly conspiracy against one-star reviews. Plus, I have a "Southern accent", so I guess that makes my comment "distracting".
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Yoga For Beginners forum
Participants:  10
Total posts:  13
Initial post:  Feb 25, 2008
Latest post:  Feb 11, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Yoga For Beginners
Yoga For Beginners by Barbara Benagh (DVD - 2006)
4.2 out of 5 stars   (697)