- File Size: 364 KB
- Print Length: 59 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Platinum Internet (March 4, 2012)
- Publication Date: March 4, 2012
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B007HCWNT0
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Not Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,684,377 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Delicious and Nutritious American Mom Lunch Recipes: Affordable, Easy and Tasty Meals You Will Love (Bestselling "American Mom" Recipes Book 2) Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
More About the Author
Top Customer Reviews
Chapter two has sandwich recipes for the classics. Some of the recipes take longer than others, but the book isn't necessarily aimed at being "quick" or "convenient," so that's not a problem. So far so good.
Now, I do have to quibble with "affordable" a bit. New York strip steaks are not affordable to me, and sirloin's on the pricy side as well. The party section (and I'll mention that again in a bit) includes things like caviar (seriously?), artichoke dip, shrimp, lamb, and prawns. These are not "affordable" ingredients, at least to my budget. They are luxury items.
Let's talk about "nutritious" for a minute. The Chicken Kiev recipe says "It's rich and sinful, but oh so delicious. It's buttery and melt-in-your-mouth, so take an extra hour in the gym to make up for the added calories." Creamy dips are not "nutritious." Mini pizzas with no veggies do not seem "nutritious" to me. Appetizers in general are not aimed at being "nutritious," they are supposed to be tasty little treats, not a nutritious lunch. Prawns Thermidor has wine, double cream, cheese, and egg yolks. Rich and delicious, yes...but "nutritious?"
I also don't understand at ALL why there's a party section in this book. If I wanted party or appetizer recipes, I'd look for a cookbook that has a title indicating something of the sort. The title indicates this book has lunch recipes for American moms. Caviar pockets and mackerel dip are NOT things *this* American mom will make for a family lunch. I'm also not going to cook a paella for lunch that says it takes 2 hours.Read more ›
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Cookbooks, Food & Wine > Cooking Methods > Budget
- Books > Cookbooks, Food & Wine > Entertaining & Holidays
- Books > Cookbooks, Food & Wine > Main Courses & Side Dishes > Burgers & Sandwiches
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > 90 minutes (44-64 pages) > Cookbooks, Food & Wine
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Cookbooks, Food & Wine > Special Occasions