Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-13 of 13 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 5, 2013 10:15:45 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 7, 2013 12:26:17 PM PDT
JAMES MYERS says:
How come the estimated delivery on this is June 18? I obviously want it when the game is released. Does anyone know if the estimate is wrong or why it is that way?

Posted on Jun 7, 2013 12:20:30 PM PDT
J. Castro says:
because not all the time they offer free release date delivery on stragety guides, it depends I would of thought for sure on this one

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 7, 2013 12:25:55 PM PDT
JAMES MYERS says:
So do you think this should be available on the 14th? cause if not theres no point in buying cause ill already be 4 days into playing the game

Posted on Jun 10, 2013 12:51:25 PM PDT
Louis says:
I agree that this is not a desirable situation. Amazon is not even giving the option to pay extra for a Saturday delivery, which is an option I always have on items fulfilled by Amazon since I am a Prime subscriber. I only have the option of "1-day shipping" which still places the delivery date on Monday. So, I'll be playing the game all weekend and still not have the guide until after 7pm on Monday (the average delivery time at my home for )UPS/FedEx).

Why shouldn't I just pick up this guide at a physical store on Friday instead? Do these "L.E." guides really sell out that quickly?

I'm almost tempted to keep my pre-order, attempt to purchase the guide on Friday (release day), and if I am successful in purchasing the guide on the weekend, just refusing delivery when the guide shows up on Tuesday. (One benefit to my deliveries always arriving so late in the day, I am always home to meet my delivery person.)

Posted on Jun 13, 2013 9:31:58 AM PDT
Kayla says:
Emailed amazon this morning to ask why the guide, which I preordered back in April, would be arriving late. If they don't have a valid answer or make up for the delay somehow, I'm just going to cancel my order and buy it at a best buy or something.

Wish they understood that the guide is basically useless if it doesn't come the same day as the game.

Posted on Jun 14, 2013 9:02:12 AM PDT
M. Gould says:
I see the Amazon Strategy Guide Release Date Mysteries has reared its head again. I woke up to find The product's status has "improved" to 1 to 2 months. If I recall correctly, seeing that the signature guide is finally in, I am thinking the limited edition guides should be on their way within 24 to 48 hours.

So help me Amazon, WHY must this old saga go on with Big release strategy guides? The system used should have been completely revamped or some people fired by now.

Posted on Jun 14, 2013 9:52:26 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 14, 2013 9:52:41 AM PDT
now on the page it says ships in 1 to 3 months WTF!!!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 14, 2013 10:09:38 AM PDT
Grrr... I preordered in early May. Hope that's early enough to get this in a few days. I typically like getting all collectibles in a game on the first playthrough, which is why I wanted the guide so early, but based on trophies I know I'll have to play this a few times. So I might as well dig in as soon as I have the time.

Posted on Jun 17, 2013 5:43:15 AM PDT
So did anyone get this from Amazon yet? Did it even ship yet?

Posted on Jun 17, 2013 11:28:17 AM PDT
Bob Bedore says:
I just got a report saying that it won't be delivered until at least July 25th... but no reason given. Not real happy about this.

Posted on Jun 18, 2013 5:49:36 AM PDT
Just got an update saying mine will arrive by the 24th. Hope that holds...

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 18, 2013 12:42:26 PM PDT
P. Lindemann says:
I also just got an update saying June 24th for my delivery estimate, it's kind of annoying since originally it said the 18th so I should have gotten it today, and ten days after I got the game doesn't provide a lot of help since by then I probably will have looked online for the info regarding the in game collectibles, I just better not get a copy someone else used and sold to amazon it better be brand new.

Posted on Jun 20, 2013 3:08:03 AM PDT
Mine finally shipped!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  9
Total posts:  13
Initial post:  Jun 5, 2013
Latest post:  Jun 20, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Last of Us Limited Edition Strategy Guide
The Last of Us Limited Edition Strategy Guide by Kenny Sims (Hardcover - June 14, 2013)
4.5 out of 5 stars   (71)