Customer Discussions > Halo 3: ODST - Xbox 360 forum

Delivery delayed...

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 104 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 22, 2009 9:32:02 AM PDT
Taylor Goot says:
Well I paid for release date delivery but UPS just rescheduled delivery to the 23rd. Anyone else with the same problem?

Posted on Sep 22, 2009 9:39:13 AM PDT
A. Olsen says:
Mine was delayed also because the UPS plane didn't leave last night in Oklahoma.

Posted on Sep 22, 2009 9:44:42 AM PDT
10cent says:
Yeah, I got the same friggin' "Shipment Delayed" status.. but the delivery estimate is still saying I'll receive it today. Not sure how that's possible, though. It's apparently stalled in Kentucky and I'm here in Colorado. Even if I get it later today, it would basically be a waste of money when I couldn't even play the game for most of the day. I suggest we contact Amazon demanding a refund of sorts if what they supposedly promise isn't fulfilled.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 22, 2009 9:46:52 AM PDT
A. Olsen says:
Unfortunately, the fine print says that Amazon is not responsible if the delay is caused by their shipping partners.

Posted on Sep 22, 2009 9:57:15 AM PDT
Logan Hall says:
Same problem here. The UPS page for mine says that it will be delivered on the 23rd.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 22, 2009 9:57:28 AM PDT
10cent says:
That's BS. If I pay extra for something, I d*mn well expect to get what I paid for. Anything less is theft in my book. Maybe there's a problem with UPS themselves in a specific part of the country.. are your copies stalled in or around Kentucky? Maybe we should contact UPS to see what the deal is.

Posted on Sep 22, 2009 10:16:50 AM PDT
Same here... I'm in East TN. D*mn you UPS!

Posted on Sep 22, 2009 10:33:32 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 23, 2009 12:26:49 AM PDT
J says:
Yep - the UPS package tracking website says my ODST pre-order shipment got rescheduled for the 23rd as well. I'm in Texas. I'm seeing postings on other websites reporting the same rescheduled ODST deliveries. I wonder how it is that so many ODST shipments specifically were affected.

UPDATE - 2 friends of mine who live just a few miles from me received their Amazon ODST pre-orders via UPS on release day, but I did not.

Posted on Sep 22, 2009 10:47:55 AM PDT
Eric Brooks says:
mine too. According to UPS tracking there was a delayed flight when they were going to KY due to mechanical issues on the plane. Which is why it is now delayed. Guess if I really want to I can buy it elsewhere and return this to that store! Don't know. It's not Amazons fault but I still think we deserve to have a refund for shipping or something.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 22, 2009 10:48:34 AM PDT
Ryan Yamada says:
Yep, my delivery is showing as delayed as well. I live up in Seattle.

Posted on Sep 22, 2009 11:20:45 AM PDT
Mark Krieger says:
Mine was delayed by the flight out of Tulsa and got redirected to Louisville and will be delivered to me (St.Louis) tomorrow. And how about Amazon lowering the price after release, screwing over all of the pre-orders since they won't adjust what they charge after shipping.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 22, 2009 11:22:00 AM PDT
10cent says:
That's interesting.. sucks if true. UPS should still do everything in their power to get that freight onto another plane and make sure the deliveries get to their destinations "on time." My tracking status still says I'm supposed to get my copy today, but maybe that's just wishful thinking. Dammit.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 22, 2009 11:24:44 AM PDT
10cent says:
There's another thread in this ODST forum with people claiming they got a refund thanks to Amazon's pre-order price guarantee, but they had to actually contact Amazon themselves. I just shot them off an email.. but yeah, kind of sucks that they almost screwed over all the people who actually bothered to pre-order the game.

Posted on Sep 22, 2009 11:32:41 AM PDT
JB says:
Its the last time i do pre-orders over any website including "amazon" and i'm also going to due away with that stupid credit card from chase with the @ss load of interest...very unacceptable!

Posted on Sep 22, 2009 11:34:54 AM PDT
RH says:
Mine was delayed also and they have dropped the price and are still giving the $10 credit for buying it. I expect Amazon to match the current price at the very least.

Posted on Sep 22, 2009 11:35:59 AM PDT
K. Wang says:
Got mine 2 hours in NYC

Posted on Sep 22, 2009 11:42:42 AM PDT
J. Hoff says:
This exact thing happened a couple months ago for some game I ordered off Amazon. I got the delayed notice, but the game still arrived on release day. I'm not saying that is happening here, but I wouldn't doubt it still arrives today.

Posted on Sep 22, 2009 11:44:44 AM PDT
Squash says:
Kentucky. Damn. Still says today though.

Posted on Sep 22, 2009 11:53:38 AM PDT
JB says:
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!! THATS IT! i'm turning this anger into domestic violence! well do you like that now amazon...hmmmm domestic violence Enthusiasts!!!

Posted on Sep 22, 2009 12:24:59 PM PDT
Mine was delayed for delivery until tomorrow, but somehow it ended up at my doorstep. Don't lose hope.

Posted on Sep 22, 2009 12:25:42 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 22, 2009 12:32:41 PM PDT
W. Newberry says:
sorry to hear some of you got UPScrewed , CALL amazon for the PRE-ORDER price guarantee though , anybody who pre-ordered is covered under the pre-order guarantee, I called and got $9 refunded to my account for ODST.

Call them and don't take no for an answer anybody who pre-ordered is covered. If the person you talk to says no , ask to speak to a supervisor. ODST pre-orders are ALL COVERED

Posted on Sep 22, 2009 12:38:25 PM PDT
Torpex says:
Ah yes, I got the day off today to play ODST and UPS screwed me. I am waiting for my copy in Seattle, and a "flight delay" occurred in TULSA, OK, US. I do most of my shopping online, and I almost never experience any problems or delays with USPS and FedEx. In fact, FedEx often delivers ahead of schedule. UPS on the other hand seems to screw up about half of my shipments.

Posted on Sep 22, 2009 1:04:06 PM PDT
really really really pissed about this, i got the same 'rescheduling' that you guys got. it was actually shipped to my city (sherman, tx) and then sent back to dallas. i dont understand. i really demand the extra 5 bucks i dished out for the next day shipping. this is outrageous.

Posted on Sep 22, 2009 1:10:05 PM PDT
Michael J says:
Mine's delayed as well. If I remember correctly, this is now the second time I've ordered for release-date delivery and it showed up late. I called Amazon's customer service and they said you can refuse delivery on the package and UPS will just ship it back to Amazon and refund you the money.

I'm going to now have to waste some time going to a local store and buying it because I wanted to play it today, plus I'm going to lose the Sgt. Johnson code, but lesson learned - Amazon's release date delivery is unreliable. I'm going to cancel my Amazon pre-orders for L4D2 and Modern Warfare 2 and just buy release-date video games locally from now on, as well as encourage my friends to do the same.

Yes, it's not delivering medicine to the sick or saving the world, but it was important to me to play today. I hope Amazon pounds UPS and can get this right in the future. But fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, can't get fooled again!

Posted on Sep 22, 2009 1:42:28 PM PDT
how in the hell can a 31 minute delay make it arrive a day later for however many people across half the nation serously come on get off your butts and deliver the d*mn game already
TULSA, OK, US 09/22/2009 6:31 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
09/22/2009 6:00 A.M. A FLIGHT DELAY OCCURRED BECAUSE OF MECHANICAL REASONS
TULSA, OK, US 09/21/2009 8:28 P.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  55
Total posts:  104
Initial post:  Sep 22, 2009
Latest post:  Dec 8, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 8 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Halo 3: ODST - Xbox 360
Halo 3: ODST - Xbox 360 by Microsoft (Xbox 360)
3.8 out of 5 stars   (650)