4.0 out of 5 stars SSD expresscard on Sony Vaio VGN-NW150J
Published 3 months ago by Dennex

3.0 out of 5 stars Macbook Pro Experience
I purchased this for a 2011 17" Macbook Pro. When inserted in Expresscard slot it would not mount on desktop. Did some research, talked to Apple and Delkin support and discovered I had no driver installed on my laptop.

Published on May 23, 2011 by R. Pyles

4.0 out of 5 stars SSD expresscard on Sony Vaio VGN-NW150J, September 29, 2014
This review is from: Delkin 32GB ExpressCard 34 Pro Solid State Drive for Computers with ExpressCard Slots (Electronics)
The SSD module works fine on my Sony laptop running Linux Mint. The SSD shows up as an unformatted 32 GB volume, which I could use to back up data. However, it probably uses older flash technology, as the package states "copyright 2008". I also benchmarked it and found pretty low read speeds around 25 MB/s and write speeds around 10 MB/s, about as fast as my USB 2.0 SanDisk CruzerFit flash drive. Perhaps the PCI bus on my laptop is slow.

I was also unable to boot from the SSD, although with such slow read/write speeds, booting from my HDD would be much faster anyways.

3.0 out of 5 stars Macbook Pro Experience, May 23, 2011
R. Pyles "RMP" (Dallas, TX, U.S.A) - See all my reviews

The solution was a driver sent to me via e-mail from Delkin( phone call required to get this driver ). This driver is not up on there driver page yet, it appears to be at an early stage of develepment and still needs some kinks worked out. My MBP had a kernel panic when i dismounted the drive so use with caution.

FYI - I tried it in my brother's MBP of a few years earlier and it worked just fine.