5.0 out of 5 stars Great laptop
More than we expected. Besides the fact it has the stupid Windows 8, it is a really fast, reliable, high quality computer. Nice HD widescreen camera, great for skype, but the microphone is not that great, people say they can't hear us that loud, but everything else seems to be just right.
Published 7 months ago by kim wild

3.0 out of 5 stars Doesnt use SSD
I can see the ssd drive, but windows itself came on the 500gb partition, doesnt make sense that having the ssd drive, the os is on the normal hdd.

For all the rest its a great laptop, nice speed and screen

i'm going to return this and get me a M series processor with 750gb hdd http://amzn.to/1fXsxf9
Published 4 months ago by Christian De Freitas

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great laptop, December 26, 2013
This review is from: Dell 15.6" Inspiron Laptop 6GB 500GB + 32GB SSD - i15zT-4802sLV (Personal Computers)

4.0 out of 5 stars fast starting, January 13, 2014
With the SSD a real fast start up. Light but still has a DVD player, backlit keyboard is nice too. I use the touch screen way more than I thought, but the screen needs a cleaning more often. Great powerful laptop for the price. The last star got lost because of Windows 8. Don't like the combined log in for many applications, don't want to use f***book nor a windows email, one password doesn't fit all !

5.0 out of 5 stars Dell laptop, January 20, 2014
Very pleasantly surprised by the ease of operation after reading and hearing of so many unhappy people regarding Windows 8. My wife is a 7 power user but I am an XP person. It's her new computer but she has taught me how to navigate and I am seriously thinking of going this way April 6th.
I am a windows phone 8 user which helped somewhat to understanding apps and swiping, but I really like no tabs and the clean UI.
The computer has everything she needs. She replaced her win 7 laptop with this one so the mouse monitor, keyboard, printer and carrying bag all were usable. All win7 programs worked on this computer.
We have only purchased Dell since 2000 and have always been happy, happy, happy!
Highly recommend.

UPDATE

Price went up quite a bit so I updated my Dell desktop to Vista which was already on the computer. After some rough spots, it performs well. I will wait for this laptop to come back down to earth price wise and reconsider moving to it again.

Wife is still very happy and I occasionally use it. Very easy to move back and forth between 8 & Vista but, my wife wants her office to switch from 7 to 8. She only wants it if all monitors are also changed. She keeps swiping at her screen at work (ha ha). We shall see.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Deal!, February 14, 2014
Initial Thoughts:

- Aluminum case is very nice, the backlit keyboards and touch screen all work together to make for a nice fit and finish. Although the screen doesn't go to the edge I prefer this for swiping in for settings and such in W8. The computer booted up very fast and all restarts were very quick, love the SSD!

- After installing all 74 automatic updates I was able to update to 8.1 for free, but I had to do the updates first.

Pros:

- Fit and finish great for the money.

- Onboard graphics are surprisingly good, I play many games from Second Life to Steam downloaded games (Rust Alpha runs well and is brand new). The HD video playback is great.

- Great audio!

- Amazing multi-tasking and fluidity in screen changes. It does a lot and it does it effortlessly

- All 4 USB are 3.0 vs others with 1/4

- Value, Value, Value!

Cons:

- Battery while gaming is about 2hours, maybe 5 hours of regular internet usage. No idea where they get 7hours from and this is only a con because of their unrealistic claim. Had they said 5hours I'd be pleased. If battery life matters to you take note that THE BATTERY IS NOT REMOVABLE!

Conclusion:

- I think this is a great buy. It is a very high end laptop for the money and with the SSD and touch screen you really are getting a good deal. I wish some people would review the laptop more and windows 8 less.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the laptop, February 12, 2014
I purchased the laptop with good expecations from Dell. Working with the laptop, it actually exceeded my expectations. Loved the features, and the shipping was just as good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Deal, January 29, 2014
The computer lightning fast. Windows 8 takes some getting used to however no complaints with the computer. The battery doesn't last as long as advertised but none of them do. You can't beat this laptop at this price.

3.0 out of 5 stars Doesnt use SSD, March 26, 2014

For all the rest its a great laptop, nice speed and screen

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Laptop BUT DONT BE FOOLED NO SSD32, May 8, 2014
Amazon needs to correct this FALSE advertisement - this laptop does not have a 32B SSD that is completely misleading. Dell has what is called a HYPERDRIVE First NO SSD 32GB - that's false you only have an 8GB cache. A good thing because it will speed up you're most visited site. Second You will have about 450 GB of space due to he recovery and misc partitions. The features of a lit keyboard, Bluetooth, 6GB ram, 500GB HHD and i5 cpu combo with any other brand will cost you over $725. This laptop started at $612 now it jumped to $690. Overall if you're looking for the combo features which for most users do find it ideal then you will win on this purchase.

3.0 out of 5 stars not what I ordered, May 5, 2014
I ordered Dell 15.6" Inspiron Laptop 6GB 500GB + 32GB SSD - i15zT-4802sLV but I received Dell Inspiron 15z-5523
In presenting the product on amazon.com was specified graphics card Intel HD Graphics 4400 but the laptop that I received has graphics card Intel HD Graphics 4000.

4.0 out of 5 stars love it, March 16, 2014
I bought this laptop as i had to return Acer aspire secondary to wifi issue. There has not been any day when i have problem with wifi. I needed laptop primarily to complete my assignments, search web and watch online videos (occasional). I have no problem with this laptop since i bought this little over a month ago. I received laptop earlier then i expected. I rarely use touch screen but it is nice to have touch screen specially with windows 8. I do not have any problem with Win 8 so far as i always use it in desktop mode. i use win 8.1. I also have chrome book which so far i really like (i have it only for 1 wk so far).
The only issue i have with this laptop is that it is bit heavy although i do not move/carry it as often but when i do i can feel the heaviness.
Over all this is my first and good experience with dell.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›