5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome ALL In One Color Laser
I have had this for over 1 year - Never had one issue with it as far as reliability.

Pluses

Excellent color output
Extremely cheap laser toner refills - as low as $40 for a set of four toners
Good copying quality
Fax works great

Cons

Somewhat noisy

All in all this has been a hassle free high quality...
Published on March 7, 2011 by Micah Duchan

2.0 out of 5 stars Quite good while it lasted
Published on January 25, 2011 by R. Wishnowsky

2.0 out of 5 stars Quite good while it lasted, January 25, 2011
This review is from: Dell 2135cn Multifunction Color Laser Printer (Office Product)
Frequent memory problems, big power draw, and after a few months it started nicking the paper. Worse, after 13 months of ~20 pages a day, rollers are making loud groaning noises. Dell support says the replacement part will cost more than $200, and wouldn't be covered under warranty, even if it were within the 12 month period. Not worth the risk, hassle and time: I'm shopping for a replacement.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome ALL In One Color Laser, March 7, 2011

Pluses

Excellent color output
Extremely cheap laser toner refills - as low as $40 for a set of four toners
Good copying quality
Fax works great

Cons

Somewhat noisy

All in all this has been a hassle free high quality laser printer and a workhorse.

1.0 out of 5 stars Did not last even 40,000 pages, October 6, 2010
I purchased this printer 18 months ago to use at home. I was looking for a good small business machine that would last a long time with my home use. The first thing I noticed was the power draw. Maybe all laser color printers use that kind of power but this one trips my UPS every time it prints. Second, I agree with the prior comment with memory. It won't even print 3 pages of color photos at high quality. Real frustrating. And last but the most damaging, after 40,000 pages the scanning unit failed. That makes the fax/scanner/copier part of the printer non functional. Since it was out of the one year warranty the charge would be $350 plus tax, shipping and installation. Way more than a new one. I'll be looking at anything other than a Dell.

4.0 out of 5 stars Damaged upon receipt but replacement service was GREAT, October 13, 2010
Steven West "Slowestone" (King George, VA United States) - See all my reviews
When I received the item, it was not working because a plastic tab used to show when there was a 'door open' was broken off. I called right away and they shipped me a whole new printer overnight. They provided a FEDEX return label and I returned the item right away to avoid being charged twice. Everything went smoothly. So, even though I had to return the first unit, the exchange handled by Dell was superb. My hat's off to them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic all in one!!, February 16, 2012
I've owned this Dell for3 years now and it has performed flawlessly. My consulting business required that I print, copy and fax many documents/brochures and pamphlets. You can easily acquire low-cost replacement toners... not that you'll need to replace them very often. I got thousands of jobs done before needing more.
Highly recommend for small businesses or people who do loads of photos, graphics, etc.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your money, June 8, 2011
I gave it a 3 stars for print quality because when it did print well, the print quality was great. I have only had this printer for a little over a year and it is a piece of junk. I have always bought Dell computers with great luck so decided that a printer from Dell must be just as good. Big mistake. It eats toner like crazy and it now tells me to replace PHD now. The PHD I find out is at least $160. I won't be replacing it. I just bought a Canon. Haven't received it yet but I know for sure it can't be any worse than this printer. And the beeping someone mentioned in another review is extremely annoying and it does it a lot.

2.0 out of 5 stars memory problems plague this printer, March 4, 2010
I've owned this printer for one year. If you plan on buying it, go ahead and order the extra memory for it now. Try to print a complex document you feel like you are back in 1991. For those of you who did not own printers in 1991 I can tell you that memory was a big deal back then. The computer didn't have enough and the printer didn't have enough. To see it in this day and age speaks volumes about Dell's corner cutting.

With straightforward documents without graphics this printer has great quality. One thing that is misrepresented by the manufacturer is the ability to scan to pdf. Good luck trying to do this. It does not natively support that. Go and get a Fujitsu Scan Snap s1500 if you want a great scanner which automatically makes pdfs. But I digress. I'm really happy with the cost of ownership of this Dell. I only wrote this review because it has been one year and I am just now ordering a replacement of the color cartridges.

1.0 out of 5 stars It WILL break!!, January 5, 2011
We've had a few Dell All in One units and without fail, they've all broken WAY before they should have be warned. It will fail. Also, since it's color, if a single color runs out or the toner dries up, it will COMPLETELY shut down.