|Item model number||MN008|
|Item Weight||1 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||16.5 x 1.9 x 1.5 inches|
|Item Dimensions L x W x H||16.5 x 1.9 x 1.5 inches|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $5.18 shipping
+ Free Shipping
Dell AC511 USB Wired SoundBar
|Price:||$21.37 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
|You Save:||$13.62 (39%)|
- Until you hear it, you'll hardly notice it's there. The Dell USB Soundbar can give you the sound you want without big speakers and long cables. Compatible with the latest Dell monitors (E-Model, P-Model and Ultra Sharp Monitors
- The sound belies its size. Your music comes through crisp and clear. Games and movies are a whole new experience. For private listening, the Dell USB Soundbar also includes a convenient headphone jack.
- The Dell USB Soundbar is simplicity itself. No extra software. No power cord. No batteries. Just plug into an available USB port and enjoy the rich stereo sound.
- Dell Additional P/N: MN008
- Compatible with these monitors: E1914H, E2014H, E2014T, E2214H, E2314H, E2414H, P1914S, P2014H, P2214H, P2314H, P2414H, P2714H, U2414H, UP2414H, UP3214H
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Compare to Similar Items
This item: Dell AC511 USB Wired SoundBar
Logitech Speakers Z130 B003CP0OT2
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Dimensions||1.5 inches x 16.5 inches x 1.9 inches||4.92 inches x 3.07 inches x 3.07 inches||5 inches x 8.94 inches x 5.87 inches||4.33 inches x 18.11 inches x 3.94 inches|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
From the Manufacturer
Dell NCW95 MN008 USB Computer Soundbar AC511
The Dell AC511 Stereo USB Sound Bar offers users a low profile, stylish sound solution that matches the styling of various Dell monitors with convenient USB power. Also, the headphone jack that allows users to enjoy audio from their favorite games, music and movies, without sacrificing valuable desk space. Moreover, the USB-powered device makes it easy to use your speaker through your USB port, eliminating the need for batteries or a power cord. You can simply plug in the speaker to an open USB port in your computer and get started using the drive without the need to install any software. It provides high performance quality sound so you’ll be able to enjoy your speakers as soon as you plug it in and start using it. This product has been tested and validated on Dell systems. It is supported by Dell Technical Support when used with a Dell system.
Soundbar can give you the sound you want without big speakers and long cables. Suitable with the latest Dell monitors (E-Model, P-Model and UltraSharp Monitors introduced since 13 June 2013), it's quickly installed and hardly noticeable — at least to the eye.
Top Customer Reviews
First, they're designed to be mounted on a Dell monitor. If you don't have a Dell monitor, consider getting something else. Second, these act as their own "sound device" on your computer. If you have a sound card, this bypasses it. The volume control is non-physical, meaning that that turning the volume knob is the same as adjusting the volume slider on the computer. You can watch the volume level on the computer move as you turn the wheel on the speaker. This is different from most PC speakers, where the volume can be adjusted independent of the computer. This also means that if you have a $100 sound card in the computer, and go with these speakers, you're not going to be using the $100 sound card at all. You do not even need a sound card in your computer to use these speakers.
The speakers come with a very short USB cord that's meant to plug into a Dell monitor with a built-in USB hub. When we did this (and this is why I'm knocking off a star, even though it's not really the fault of the speaker) there was a large amount of static, crackling, and popping coming from the speakers. This happened on multiple computers and multiple monitors. We found that this was due to the fact that the powered USB hub in the Dell monitor wasn't producing "clean" DC power. Both the power and sound signal come to the speakers through USB. The hub in the Dell monitor is powered, and the AC to DC converter must not be the best quality. As a result, we had to use a USB extension to plug these directly into a USB port on the PC. This kind of defeats the purpose of the short, stubby USB cable that the speaker comes with.Read more ›
I probably should explain, the speaker has a short USB cable attached that is designed to plug into the back of the monitor, and then a regular USB device cable is supposed to run from the ports under the monitor to the computer. The speaker doesn't (or at least mine didn't) come with that device cable, only the pigtail, and my monitor had no USB I/O ports, hence the need for the extension.
1) The audio jack on the speaker isn't just terrible, but complete unusable on 2 out of 3 headphone I tested. I tested first with my Beats Solo 2 and got unusably bad audio. Next I tested Apple headphones that come standard with an iPhone and got the same result. Oddly enough, though my $150 and $20 headphones did not work, the $6 Panasonic RPHJE120V In-Ear Headphone, Violet headphones worked fine. WHAT?!? I tested using audio from iTunes, Youtube, and Amazon Instant video.
2) On my MBPr (2013, 15''), you MUST connect the usb cable on the sound bar directly to the computer, not the monitor. If you want to connect the soundbar to your monitor instead, you will then need to purchase an additional cable to connect one of your monitor's USB ports to one of your computer's USB ports. The soundbar I purchased new did not come with this additional cable, so if the cable connected to the soundbar is too short to reach your computer you'll have to buy either a cable extender for it or buy a whole other cable. Very inconvenient.
Now, the sound of the soundbar itself is pretty decent, though not terribly loud even when maxed out. Certainly better than my closed laptop speakers. Sound feels pretty rich for the price. If you have a Dell monitor and limited desk space, it is also very convenient to have the speaker physically attached to the monitor.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Doesn' matter what I watch, YouTube, Netflix, or listening to iTunes. Can't listen to any audio for more than 30 minutes without the sound being complete static/white noise. Read morePublished 5 hours ago by Timothy Schaffer
The soundbar has worked flawlessly. It doesn't fit my present 20" monitor but will fit the new 24" one. This is replacing an entire Dell surround system. Read morePublished 2 days ago by R. Kamins
Bought AC511 to use with Ideacenter Stick 300 and Chromecast connected to P2815Q monitor with HDMI. Ran a line-in from monitor to jack on left side if speaker - no sound. Read morePublished 3 days ago by JJ
Pops right onto my Dell monitor. Sits in an inconspicuous location. Has a convenient manual volume control dial in the right side. Loud & clear sound. Plugs into USB port.Published 3 days ago by Michael
nice sound bar and does not take up any desk top space. good /decent sound quality.Published 3 days ago by Shuqiu Z.
Very happy with this item. I thought I was going to need a 3.5mm audio jack but actually it work just off of USB. Sounds great and can go pretty loud!Published 3 days ago by Amazon customer
Price is right. I do IT on Dell systems all day long and have used this item multiple times. This is your standard USB install...PNP, takes about 30 seconds and then turn it up. Read morePublished 6 days ago by Kennie Wisham