4.0 out of 5 stars Great workhouse computer for business
The Dell Latitude line of notebooks are well built business machines. The Latitudes and XPS lines are a tier higher than the entry-level Inspiron Series.

Published on December 13, 2008 by Eagle Vision

2.0 out of 5 stars Used Dell Latitude D620 laptop
Published on February 10, 2010 by Ned

4.0 out of 5 stars Great workhouse computer for business, December 13, 2008
Eagle Vision (Southeastern United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

The case is constructed of metal with plastic trim along the LCD monitor. There are 4 USB ports which allow for a variety of peripherals to be attached such as portable hard drives. There is a headphone and microphone jack and an outlet for a monitor. The keyboard is comfortable to the touch. In addition to the mousepad, there is a pointing stick with 2 buttons below the space key, allowing for either to control the cursor. The 'spill proof' keyboard is one of the biggest assets (I have only spilled a drink on it once, where I just wiped off the keyboard without a problem in function).

The WIFI capabilities is reliable and easy to set up. The hard drive is quiet, as is the optical drive. The strike zone hard drive is resistant to light drops.

Performance of the notebook is excellent with the Dual Core processors. This notebook easily handles virus scanning, working on a MS Office document, internet browser and listening to music without any problem. The integrated graphics allows for basic games like Tiger Woods Golf, Mafia, NHL Hockey, the Godfather, for example.

Battery life is very good for the 6 cell (about 4 hours).

One of the greatest attractions that I have for this line of notebooks is the lack of 'bloatware' - unnecessary programs that are installed into your computer (trial programs, multiple internet service providers, advertisements, etc).

Overall, with a spill resistant keyboard and drop zone hard drive, this notebook will take the daily knocks of the regular commuter. This is no Panasonic Toughbook but it will survive your daily use.

VERDICT

Highly recommend this notebook.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bargain Notebook, January 4, 2010
This review is from: Dell D620 Laptop Duo Core with Windows XP (Electronics)
I purchased the D620 for my daughter in college when her 2 yr old HP notebook died due to an overheating problem (long story). After verifying that the D620 worked properly by connecting to the internet and installing XP SP 3, I moved over one of the RAM chips (for a total of 1.5 GB) and the harddrive from the HP. I then installed Windows 7 and recovered her data files (I didn't really expect a college student to use the flash drives that I gave her for backups). Finally, I installed software including Office 7. Throughout the process the D620 performed flawlessly. I tested it by running DVDs, Office apps and videos over the internet (after I set up a wireless connection). This is one fine notebook, very fast and with a good display. Its only "short comings" are obvious from the specs, i.e., no web cam, no media slots and no DVD burner. But these are clearly minor issues given the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars glad I did this, April 7, 2011
This review is from: Dell D620 Laptop Duo Core with Windows XP (Electronics)
I didn't have a lot of money to spend on a computer and all of the chain stores that I had gone into to buy a computer did not have the service or the selection that I wanted. I was hesitant to purchase a computer "on-line" but now I am glad that I did. The computer was exactly what I wanted (Amazon gives you more information up front on what you are purchasing than any other place that I had tried), and I received it within two days. I have not had one problem or complaint. Well done.

2.0 out of 5 stars Used Dell Latitude D620 laptop, February 10, 2010
Ned "Ned" (Atlanta, GA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dell D620 Laptop Duo Core with Windows XP (Electronics)
I used the same laptop at work for the about the last 3 years, and it is a work horse. I can buy a brand new commercial laptop for couple hundred bucks more, but I wanted the reliability of the professional business laptop. I have to say this used business machine Laptop works well except for 3 problems: First, the battery only lasts 5 minutes, second, the DVD burner drive work sporadically (DVD door doesn't eject consistently, and it doesn't always detect the DVD or CD in it). Handed the laptop to my 11 year old daughter few weeks after purchase (Christmas gift), so I did not find out about these problems until 2 month after purchase. Contacted the seller, but the warrantee had expired after 30 days of purchase, so I have to buy a battery and drive on my own. Third thing, the XP pro operating system was loaded on the computer, but the recovery disks were not included; I hope the hard the hard drive doesn't crash sometime soon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Deal, August 20, 2011
This review is from: Dell D620 Laptop Duo Core with Windows XP (Electronics)
This is a secondary laptop for me, but is nearly as nice as my primary(which I paid ALOT more money for, new). I bought refurbished, and expected the unit to have a few blemishes, but it looks really great. One tiny scratch on top that I can barely see. Otherwise, the laptop booted up as if it had just come out of the store. The sellers dont garuntee the batteries, so I bought an extra one for it, but, come to find out, the battery the laptop came with is fine. Now I have two. I also upgraded the laptops ram to 4gig. Probly didnt need to, for what Ill use the laptop for, but the ram was cheap so there was no reason not to. As far as how the computer works, its great. Was nice and clean, and everything comes up fast. Im no computer expert, so I cant list a whole bunch of technical details for you, but I like the laptop very much. Its everything it was advertised to be, attractive, and works very well for everything I use it for.

UPDATE: Nearly two years after purchase, this laptop is still working wonderfully for me. It has given me no issues or problems. I did buy a fan cooler to go underneath it but not because the unit was overheating. I just like to be safe.

5.0 out of 5 stars Review, February 13, 2011
This review is from: Dell D620 Laptop Duo Core with Windows XP (Electronics)
Excelent ! Easy of use,expandible mem ram ,dvd/burner,a fast intel core duo 2.0 procesor,a great 224mb grafics adapter , with the best windows xp pro for anything ,fast and secure.
Upgradable to Win 7. Do recomend buy this

5.0 out of 5 stars great value, March 27, 2011
This review is from: Dell D620 Laptop Duo Core with Windows XP (Electronics)
Was easy to decide what I needed; the laptop arrived quickly, and is terrific. My son is using it; I just had a little bit of trouble getting the wireless set up, but managed to do it w/o help. Really useful, and lots of great stuff loaded on it. We will probably be buying another one for my husband soon!

4.0 out of 5 stars A perfectly good laptop, October 18, 2009
This review is from: Dell D620 Laptop Duo Core with Windows XP (Electronics)
To read one of the other reviews one would think the reviewer is talking about a completely different machine. My family has two of these and we have experienced none of the problems that the other reviewer has mentioned. XP is a very stable platform and we'll see if Windows Seven will live up to the hype. As far as poor sound I wonder compared to what? I've had several different laptops and netbooks and they sound tinny compared to the D620. Besides, I hook the machine up to external powered speakers to listen to my music library.
Let's face it. If Dell built poor quality equipment they wouldn't be in business as long as they have been.
This is one great piece of equipment.DELL LATITUDE D620 14.1" WXGA

4.0 out of 5 stars So far so good, November 17, 2010
This review is from: Dell D620 Laptop Duo Core with Windows XP (Electronics)
Still working, no problems for the price I paid! Very sturdy too. I am sticking with Dell from now on. I have bought two Dell items from Amazon, computer and laptop, and they still work fine. Bought HP products (elsewhere) that broke within a couple months.

4.0 out of 5 stars OOPS!, September 17, 2010
This review is from: Dell D620 Laptop Duo Core with Windows XP (Electronics)
My daughter recieved the computer and it would not work. She sent it back to the company at HER expense of more than $60. (that was not reimbrused). After about 7 days the repaired comuter was returned to her. It is now working fine. My complaint is that it was delivered broken and she had to send it back at her expense. We will not order from this company again.

Dell D620 Laptop Duo Core with Windows XP