Dell Inspiron 11z: Do More With LessWeighing approximately 3 pounds and measuring just 1 inch thin, you'd never guess the slim and sleek Dell Inspiron 11z laptop would pack such a big punch. The nicely affordable Inspiron 11z boasts a high-definition 11.6-inch display and an Intel ultra-low-voltage processor that offers a good mix of multitasking with extended battery life--up to 6.7 hours. Other features include a near full-size keyboard, easy-to-use floating touchpad with concealed touch control, HDMI output for connecting to an HDTV, and an integrated 1.3-megapixel webcam with a built-in microphone for on-the-go video chats.
The Dell Inspiron 11z (in Obsidian Black) weighs just 3 pounds and features a high-definition 11.6-inch screen.
The USB port on the left side is powered, so your mobile phone will still charge even when the 11z is asleep.
The 11z also features an HDMI output for audio and video as well as a 3-in-1 memory card reader.
Note: This laptop does not come with an integrated optical drive; you can connect an optional external drive via one of the netbook's USB ports.
- 11.6-inch HD WLED display (1366 x 768 resolution)
- Energy efficient, dual-core 1.3 GHz Intel Pentium SU4100 processor with ultra-low voltage for extended battery life (800 MHz front-side bus and 2 MB L2 cache). Designed for use in ultra-thin laptops to balance the competing needs of high performance with battery consumption, this ULV Pentium features Intel SpeedStep technology, helping your system to dynamically adjust processor voltage and core frequency to decrease power consumption and heat production.
- 250 GB SATA hard drive (5400 RPM)
- 4 GB of installed RAM (DDR2 800MHz)
- Integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) 4500MHD (shares memory with main system RAM)
- 1.3-megapixel webcam integrated into the display bezel for easy video chats and conferencing
- Stereo speakers with headphone and microphone jacks
- Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g/)
- Fast Ethernet (10/100)
- 3-in-1 memory card reader compatible with Secure Digital (SD/SDHC), Multi-Media Card (MMC), and Memory Stick (MS/MS Pro) media
- Three USB ports with one powered port that allows you to charge your mobile phone and other devices even when the notebook is asleep or off.
- HDMI output lets you connect to an HDTV for full 1080P high-definition video and sound.
- Dell Remote Access enables you to easily access photos, music, movies and more on your home system using another Internet-connected computer. No more waiting until you get home to get the files you need.
- Dell DataSafe Online optional online backup service (additional charges applicable) offers data protection by enabling you to back up data to a safe, remote storage site using a broadband connection. Dell DataSafe Online is designed to be easy, flexible and secure. After setup, it will automatically back up data and help protect against software, hardware and catastrophic failure.
- Windows 7 Home Premium makes it easy to create a home network and share all of your favorite photos, videos, and music. And you can watch shows for free when and where you want with Internet TV on Windows Media Center. Get the best entertainment experience with Windows 7 Home Premium.
- Get more features with Windows Anytime Upgrade. It's the best way to add features to Windows 7, takes as few as ten minutes, requires no software or downloads, and you'll keep your existing programs, files, and settings. Windows will walk you through the simple upgrade process.
- Pre-loaded software includes Microsoft Works SE 9.0 for word processing and spreadsheet work. Enjoy a 60-day trial version of Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007.
- Up to 4 hours of battery life
- Dimensions: 11.5 x 8.43 x 1.02 inches (WxDxH)
- Weight: 3.05 pounds
What's in the Box
This package includes the Dell Inspiron 11z (iM11-4569OBK), 6-cell rechargeable battery, AC adapter, and printed documentation. It's backed by a 1-year limited warranty with mail-in service.
The centrally located, easy-to-use Dell Support Center application offers provides personalized support resources. Conveniently located on your PC's desktop with quick links to service, support and system resources. You'll be able to keep your system up-to-date and running efficiently through automated fixes for common configuration issues.