4.0 out of 5 stars Great little slim machine
This laptop uses the U version of the Core i5 Haswell processor, this might be slower than the M version but very capable, thanks to that it has great battery life and runs with less heat than the M version.

Published 3 months ago by Christian De Freitas

3.0 out of 5 stars Works great except for the touch screen
Published 7 months ago by Free Spirit

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Works great except for the touch screen, March 2, 2014
This review is from: Dell Inspiron 15.6-Inch Touchscreen Laptop (i15RVT-13333BLK) (Personal Computers)
I bought this model computer from Dell in May 2013. I have had to call on issues with installation of software (original to the computer) and issues with the touch screen. My most recent contact was February 28, 2014. The service tech went through the software and reinstalled drivers and the touch screen was back in business. However the touch screen quit working about 6 hours later. I will be on the phone with Dell to request help with the touch screen.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great little slim machine, July 8, 2014

The display is touch capable (now a day gimmicky) with a very standard 15.6 inch in size with the also usual 1366x768 pixels powered by the Intel HD 4400. Adequate for HD playback or light gaming.

Surprisingly being only 1 inch thick, it fits a DVD/CD RW drive, 4 USB Ports (only 2 are 3.0), HDMI Port and an Ethernet Jack.

Can be upgraded to 8gb (2x4gb), but with 6gb it can accomplish almost any task you throw at it. The HDD can be upgraded to SSD almost painless, I fitted a Samsung EVO http://amzn.to/1vYwnMw and used the HDD that came installed in an USB 3.0 enclosure case http://amzn.to/1vYwBn2 .

If you want to use a standard VGA monitor, you'll have to get an adapter that transforms the HDMI signal to VGA http://amzn.to/1lSkBh9 ,
or another one to DVI if thats your case http://amzn.to/1lSkFxm .

Another con is that it comes with 1 mic/speaker jack combo. if you have like me your speakers and microphone separate you'll also need another adapter for that. http://amzn.to/1kBNwqb

Overall this is a very good computer oriented for business, multimedia, home or school use.

4.0 out of 5 stars Full featured Windows Laptop, July 4, 2014
M. Monroe (Richland, WA USA) - See all my reviews
This laptop had all the features I was looking for in an entry level laptop. Large screen with touch, low voltage core i5, 6 GB of ram, reasonably good sound, good keyboard layout, and replaceable battery (some of the competitors have non-replaceable batteries). The newer Dell models at this price point only had 4 GB of ram, which is why I went with this older model. I did replace the stock hard drive with a 1 TB hybrid drive (Toshiba, 1TB+8GB NAND Flash). One downside: the ethernet is only 100 MB, not gigabit. Came with Windows 8.1, which I'm comfortable with, though I immediately installed the Classic Shell start menu from Classicshell.net

4.0 out of 5 stars Like it fine..., April 5, 2014
We are enjoying the ease of being able to access many programs at the touch of a finger or mouse...however, DO NOT care for the ease at will of the menu bar sliding onto screen randomly stopping whatever your doing at the moment.
All in all...it has been an exciting experience learning and using the new windows 8.1 program.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product! Fast enough for business use, August 7, 2014
Great product! Fast enough for business use. It doesn't show when you have caps lock or number lock on and it doesn't have a Multi Card Reader. Those are my only complaints.

5.0 out of 5 stars you will love the touch experience with this laptop.., May 9, 2014
Awesome in terms of touch effect.. Worth of money. Thanks Amazon and Dell. I like its speed of operation as well. keyboard can be a little better...

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Laptop for the price, June 13, 2014
I was looking for a laptop having basic features like hdmi, bluetooth, dvr, camera and also to meet the latest configurations, since i use the machine only for browsing and other recreational purpose. I had a HP laptop for 7 years and decided to switch to a new one with an entirely new look and feel, and yes, this DELL served the purpose. RAM speed and Battery life is good! Started liking the Windows 8 touch interface! Overall,the features are good and its more worth than the money i paid. I would surely recommend this to people who are looking for entertainment purpose.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it., October 12, 2014
I have never been a laptop person. I have always preferred my desktop. But I have been getting back aches sitting at a desk lately so I thought I would give it a try. I have a kindle fire so I was comfortable with the tablet which made transitioning to a laptop with touchscreen and windows 8 easier. I read before I purchased the laptop that it takes a few days getting used to before you like windows 8 and that is true. But I have had it for about 6 months now and I absolutely love it. I like it better than my all-in-one touch screen desktop. Yeah DELL!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Dell touchscreen Laptop! Buy it with confidence!, August 22, 2014
I was reading for a long time to decide for buying this laptop. Finally, I decided to buy it... So It was a great idea. PROS: It is so stylished and light. I am very satisfied with its performance. the touchscreen is great! CONS: I dont' have CONS, but I would like that DELL includes in every laptop a backlit keyboard! I love buy DELL laptops. This is my sixth Dell laptop.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Much Typical for its Price, August 17, 2014
Computer works well, set up easy. I don't particularly like Windows 8 and don't use the touch screen much. The only issue I have had is that my Passport external drive sometimes disappears from the My Computer equipment list and I have to unplug the USB and replug it in. I don't know if this is a computer issue, a Windows issue or a Passport issue, but it didn't do that on my previous computer, which was a Toshiba with Windows 7.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›