Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Bob Dylan Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

on February 13, 2014
I love Dell Laptops and decided to purchase a new one on here. The only thing that I have a problem is the fact that the laptop that is shown in the pictures shows that the laptop has a CD drive but mine did not come with one. I now know not to go off what I see in the picture because the picture is just something to draw you in more.
22 comments|139 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 24, 2014
Beware! No DVD drive built in. I had to buy an external DVD drive after the fact. Other than that, nice running machine.
on March 27, 2014
Misleading photo, no optical drive. One would think that if there is no optical drive then the product specification would say "None" and not "N/A". First bad experience shopping at amazon.
on March 25, 2014
I bought this laptop at a local store, the trackpad didnt work reliably after a few days, changed the laptop now the wireless card is faulty. i'm returning this laptop and saw a toshiba with nice specs here at amazon that i'll be buying http://amzn.to/1fXsxf9
on April 29, 2014
Moving from an eight year old XP system to the new computer plus Windows 8.1 is not for the faint of heart. The hardware is great. Clean construction/design. Everything is as promised. The software should come with Valium.
on April 13, 2014
The product pictures, as well as the product information/quick guide in the box lists an optical drive/DVD player, but it does not have one. definitely false advertising and deceiving to get you to order. Shame because up to now I had nothing but good ratings for all my previous orders. This was a disappointing Birthday present!! :-(
on January 7, 2015
Hard drive crashed in 3 weeks. Dell was very helpful and replaced it immediately but I lost three weeks worth of work (I didn't back anything up because I had no reason to believe it would crash that quickly. After that, though (that was a year ago), it's working GREAT.

I do hate the Windows 8, though! Not user friendly at all.
on March 17, 2015
Great bargain PC. I gave it to my daughter who uses this thing for everything from homework to watching movies.
Battery life is ok. The build (material) feels very weak, but this was to be expected from the price.
on July 10, 2014
OK, I blame Dell for this. Sellers are simply cutting and pasting Dell's promotional information. The picture clearly looks like a DVD, but its a blank panel. It is not listed in the specifications, so everyone is off the hook. Caveat Emptor.

I bought an external slimline DVD at the same time http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0018LO1R8/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 ,which I am happy with, but I should not have had to buy one--it should have been included. Overall I am happy with the computer but the DVD left a sour taste in my mouth, as many other reviewers'.
on July 5, 2014
Went through what seemed like an easy start up process only to hit a brick wall. Spent three hours with tech support repeating the same start up process multiple times to finally being told that there is an issue with the computer. Told to send back to amazon and they could fix it and send it back. No thanks! Returned the computer for a refund.