I love Dell Laptops and decided to purchase a new one on here. The only thing that I have a problem is the fact that the laptop that is shown in the pictures shows that the laptop has a CD drive but mine did not come with one. I now know not to go off what I see in the picture because the picture is just something to draw you in more.
Published 9 months ago by Alexandria Fudge

3.0 out of 5 stars No DVD drive
Beware! No DVD drive built in. I had to buy an external DVD drive after the fact. Other than that, nice running machine.
Published 8 months ago by Andy4LSU

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Laptop...However Picture is different than what actually came., February 13, 2014
This review is from: Dell Inspiron 15.6-Inch Touchscreen Laptop (i15RVT-3809BLK) (Personal Computers)

3.0 out of 5 stars No DVD drive, March 24, 2014

2.0 out of 5 stars no dvd drive misleading photo, March 27, 2014
Misleading photo, no optical drive. One would think that if there is no optical drive then the product specification would say "None" and not "N/A". First bad experience shopping at amazon.

2.0 out of 5 stars Please stay away from this laptop, March 25, 2014
I bought this laptop at a local store, the trackpad didnt work reliably after a few days, changed the laptop now the wireless card is faulty. i'm returning this laptop and saw a toshiba with nice specs here at amazon that i'll be buying http://amzn.to/1fXsxf9

4.0 out of 5 stars New Inspiron + Windows 8.1 = New computing adventures, April 29, 2014
Moving from an eight year old XP system to the new computer plus Windows 8.1 is not for the faint of heart. The hardware is great. Clean construction/design. Everything is as promised. The software should come with Valium.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, April 22, 2014
I really didn't need a laptop but decided to get one anyways i enjoy using this i did switch it over to run like windows 7

2.0 out of 5 stars Deceiving Advertisement, April 13, 2014
The product pictures, as well as the product information/quick guide in the box lists an optical drive/DVD player, but it does not have one. definitely false advertising and deceiving to get you to order. Shame because up to now I had nothing but good ratings for all my previous orders. This was a disappointing Birthday present!! :-(

4.0 out of 5 stars Great laptop but no cd driver, April 26, 2014
It is an excellent machine but I asked if it had cd driver and I was told yes. It's a shame.

I recommend to buy an external cd/dvd unit along with this inspiron.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, May 19, 2014
I absolutely love this laptop....I do my college course work on it! It's super fast! User friendly and the touch screen is so cool!

4.0 out of 5 stars We are still glad we can get a Windows based laptop for a ..., July 19, 2014
This unit had very impressive hardware specifications, and the student I bought it for likes it. Sorry I can't provide more detail than that. We are still glad we can get a Windows based laptop for a decent price. The keyboard was sized well enough for easy typing, so I hope that helps folks make a decision. So far the Windows 8 tiles thing has not been a problem for the kids - they took to it like a duck to water - I'm sure that was what Microsoft thought would happen, despite the controversy over the GUI. I have no problem with this unit at all. Touchscreen is nice, but she uses a mouse a lot as well.