5.0 out of 5 stars Great laptop but MUST ADD MEMORY.
This laptop actually exceeded my expectations by far. It is able to run everything I throw at it as far as productivity software. I had feared that the modest 1.9 GHz i-3 CPU would be a bit of a drag, but I was wrong. The little hyper-threaded CPU handles a moderate workload and even a few games I play with it's on-die graphics acceleration.

However, none of...
Published 4 months ago by SarcAfterDark

2.0 out of 5 stars Dell's Customer Service
Published 5 months ago by OldRaschal

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great laptop but MUST ADD MEMORY., April 8, 2014
This review is from: Dell Inspiron 15.6-Inch Laptop (i15RV-1435BLK) (Old Version) (Personal Computers)

However, none of this would be true if I had not added another 4 GB of ram. Sure, the machine could have run decently without it, but it would have been a severe bottleneck for multi tasking, and since the video memory is shared with the system, you can pretty much forget even the lightest of games.

At it's modest native resolution of 1366 x 768 I'm running the following games:

Skyrim (Medium settings)
Torchlight (High)
Rust (Medium, No Grass)
World of Warcraft (High)
Diablo 3 (Medium-High)
Everquest (lulz High of course)

Make sure to add that second 4GB memory module. If you don't, you're gonna have a really bad time.

**IMPORTANT WARRANTY INFORMATION**

Registering online with Dell after the Out-Of-Box experience DOES NOT ACTIVATE YOUR WARRANTY.

Attempting to access your warranty information or online technical support will result in a page stating that your warranty on your brand spanking new Dell laptop has expired, and present you with the option of buying a warranty or paying for support.

**TO FIX WARRANTY**
Contact customer care. Let them know it's a brand new laptop you bought via Amazon,com (SHIPPED & SOLD BY AMAZON.COM) and that your warranty is not showing up on the website or when you attempt to contact Technical Support. I did this via chat and a young woman I spoke with gathered my information and moved the laptop and it's warranty to my new account. The entire interaction took about 30 minutes, which was disappointing to me, but she gave me 15 months of warranty. Minimum is 1 year.

I can confirm that this memory module works fine, as it is what I am using right now:

I hope this helps!

2.0 out of 5 stars Dell's Customer Service, March 11, 2014
I normally do not rate if I have something bad too say. But after many call's to Dell tech. support and customer service. I found we had a language barrier. I am sending this computer back a.s.a.p. to Amazon with no fault to them but only Dell. The computer was shipped to me with a bad cd/dvd optical drive. At first Dell wanted me to change out the part as they said they would send me one. I told them I was no computer technician and refused to change out the part. Out of fear I could possibly void the warranty. So Dell decided to replace the computer but, would never send a confirmed email. So just yesterday I called Dell and asked them
not to send me anything. It took me talking to 6 different people to finally get this across to them. This was my first and last product with the name Dell branded on it I will ever order. There has been so much out sourcing in the good ole U.S.A. putting our people out of work. To me if a company has poor c/s that is there life blood in surviving.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nothing but problems, February 26, 2014
Since day 1 I have had problems. Been online with techs for over 7 hours in 3 days. New keyboard was sent for me to replace- done. Then it wouldn't turn on. Next back to keyboard not working. Am waiting for another callback from tech to see if it is going to work after resetting everything. I am really frustrated. Oh and I have only had this computer for 5 days. I would not recommend this computer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great PC, But, March 19, 2014
I've had Dells before this one and had no trouble with them. The thing I don't like is Windows 8

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Product - Good Price!!, May 19, 2014
This is our 5th Dell computer. One PC and four lap tops. Still pleased after all these years. How can you beat the price for what you get! The Windows 8 requires some patience, but overall, not a problem.

1.0 out of 5 stars Internet access failed after 5 days of use, no support available., June 15, 2014
The internet access stopped working for no reason. There is no one to contact (by phone or chat). I sent an email yesterday; I'm waiting for the response. I am returning this laptop ASAP!

4.0 out of 5 stars great price laptop, June 14, 2014
Great laptop for the price. Fare quality monitor. Good proccesor speed. Good RAM memory. Buy it if you are looking for a good quality fare price computer

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice computer., June 10, 2014
Probably the best value computer it is possible to get nowadays. Superb price/quality ratio. No problems so far. It exceeded my expectations.

5.0 out of 5 stars This laptop is amazing, June 4, 2014
This laptop is amazing, its performance is optimal. its textured design is nice only the fingers are marked but is easy to clean. the sound system is serious, good sound for me, the end is a laptop not a music player. microsoft operating system, the window 8 is a bit tedious until you manage to master it; could call but I like the attention.

4.0 out of 5 stars Value for money, May 5, 2014
Good points :
- performance is very good;
- light weight;
- slim;
- speed;
- value for money.

Bad : Touch-pad keys are very noisy.. not using the keys at all...

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›