5.0 out of 5 stars Great laptop but MUST ADD MEMORY.
This laptop actually exceeded my expectations by far. It is able to run everything I throw at it as far as productivity software. I had feared that the modest 1.9 GHz i-3 CPU would be a bit of a drag, but I was wrong. The little hyper-threaded CPU handles a moderate workload and even a few games I play with it's on-die graphics acceleration.

However, none of...
Published 6 months ago by SarcAfterDark

2.0 out of 5 stars Dell's Customer Service
Published 7 months ago by OldRaschal

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great laptop but MUST ADD MEMORY., April 8, 2014
This review is from: Dell Inspiron 15.6-Inch Laptop (i15RV-1435BLK) (Old Version) (Personal Computers)

However, none of this would be true if I had not added another 4 GB of ram. Sure, the machine could have run decently without it, but it would have been a severe bottleneck for multi tasking, and since the video memory is shared with the system, you can pretty much forget even the lightest of games.

At it's modest native resolution of 1366 x 768 I'm running the following games:

Skyrim (Medium settings)
Torchlight (High)
Rust (Medium, No Grass)
World of Warcraft (High)
Diablo 3 (Medium-High)
Everquest (lulz High of course)

Make sure to add that second 4GB memory module. If you don't, you're gonna have a really bad time.

**IMPORTANT WARRANTY INFORMATION**

Registering online with Dell after the Out-Of-Box experience DOES NOT ACTIVATE YOUR WARRANTY.

Attempting to access your warranty information or online technical support will result in a page stating that your warranty on your brand spanking new Dell laptop has expired, and present you with the option of buying a warranty or paying for support.

**TO FIX WARRANTY**
Contact customer care. Let them know it's a brand new laptop you bought via Amazon,com (SHIPPED & SOLD BY AMAZON.COM) and that your warranty is not showing up on the website or when you attempt to contact Technical Support. I did this via chat and a young woman I spoke with gathered my information and moved the laptop and it's warranty to my new account. The entire interaction took about 30 minutes, which was disappointing to me, but she gave me 15 months of warranty. Minimum is 1 year.

I can confirm that this memory module works fine, as it is what I am using right now:

I hope this helps!

2.0 out of 5 stars Dell's Customer Service, March 11, 2014
I normally do not rate if I have something bad too say. But after many call's to Dell tech. support and customer service. I found we had a language barrier. I am sending this computer back a.s.a.p. to Amazon with no fault to them but only Dell. The computer was shipped to me with a bad cd/dvd optical drive. At first Dell wanted me to change out the part as they said they would send me one. I told them I was no computer technician and refused to change out the part. Out of fear I could possibly void the warranty. So Dell decided to replace the computer but, would never send a confirmed email. So just yesterday I called Dell and asked them
not to send me anything. It took me talking to 6 different people to finally get this across to them. This was my first and last product with the name Dell branded on it I will ever order. There has been so much out sourcing in the good ole U.S.A. putting our people out of work. To me if a company has poor c/s that is there life blood in surviving.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nothing but problems, February 26, 2014
Since day 1 I have had problems. Been online with techs for over 7 hours in 3 days. New keyboard was sent for me to replace- done. Then it wouldn't turn on. Next back to keyboard not working. Am waiting for another callback from tech to see if it is going to work after resetting everything. I am really frustrated. Oh and I have only had this computer for 5 days. I would not recommend this computer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great PC, But, March 19, 2014
I've had Dells before this one and had no trouble with them. The thing I don't like is Windows 8

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Product - Good Price!!, May 19, 2014
This is our 5th Dell computer. One PC and four lap tops. Still pleased after all these years. How can you beat the price for what you get! The Windows 8 requires some patience, but overall, not a problem.

1.0 out of 5 stars STAY AWAY FROM DELL.... WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER!!!!, June 22, 2014
I purchased this laptop from Amazon on 4/23. On 6/23 it just died. It won't do ANYTHING except blink a light on the lower left front for a split second. Amazon has a 30 day return window so I have to deal with Dell. Now I'm out of a laptop for around 3 weeks. While talking to the Dell rep he informed me that Amazon is 3rd party seller and any type of return or exchange must go through them and not Dell. That info. came about because I was asking if I could just get a new laptop seeing that this one is only 2 months old. NOT HAPPY and I would think twice before making a purchase like this again through Amazon now with the understanding they are a 3rd party seller. Not sure why but I expected more from Amazon.

Well here I am on 7/22 and Dell wants me to pay $328 to repair a 3 month old laptop that I paid $378 for. They claim there is condensation damage to the motherboard but refuse to provide any pictures of the damage. I NEVER spilled ANYTHING on that laptop.... it was a clean as the day I got it. The WORST part of all this is their customer service..... They don't want to answer your questions directly so they tell you that you need to speak to so-and-so but they are not available right now so they will call you back in 24 to 48 hours. What was happening to me was Dell would call and let the phone ring one time and hang up. I would then call them back and they would claim they tried to contact me. I must have spoken to 10 different Indians which doesn't help either since they aren't easy to understand PLUS you have to explain the SAME THING to each one of them OVER AND OVER AGAIN!!!! then they just seem to read the same reply that is on their computer monitors and they are NO help beyond that. I know Dell is a HUGE company and have MANY happy customers ( I would have included myself in that group until this situation)BUT i would SERIOUSLY look into buying a PC from a different manufacturer that has customer service since Dell apparently doesn't have any.

The silver lining in all this is that Amazon has been VERY helpful with the situation and even though they are a 3rd party seller they stepped up and made my problem go away. Kudos to Amazon for the help:)

3.0 out of 5 stars Good laptop, Dell Inspiron 15.6-Inch Laptop!!!, May 26, 2014
I have bought two of this laptop, the first one is a replacement for my wife's old Acer laptop. I am impressed with how everything works with this laptop as the price is really low compared to a more powerful laptop. However, the second one which I bought for my uncle came with a faulty or defective optic drive, I don't know what to do as DELL Customer Service is pretty bad. I've always liked Dell products, for their reliability and for their service, but lately I'm very disappointed with DELL. Right now, in my house we are continuing to buy and use with Gateway (my son) and Asus (mine) laptops. Gateway and Asus Customers service are really good!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars great price laptop, June 14, 2014
Great laptop for the price. Fare quality monitor. Good proccesor speed. Good RAM memory. Buy it if you are looking for a good quality fare price computer

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice computer., June 10, 2014
Probably the best value computer it is possible to get nowadays. Superb price/quality ratio. No problems so far. It exceeded my expectations.

5.0 out of 5 stars This laptop is amazing, June 4, 2014
This laptop is amazing, its performance is optimal. its textured design is nice only the fingers are marked but is easy to clean. the sound system is serious, good sound for me, the end is a laptop not a music player. microsoft operating system, the window 8 is a bit tedious until you manage to master it; could call but I like the attention.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›