Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on July 25, 2009
Ive been looking around for a bit for a charger for my Inspiron 1525. Ive read several reviews that claimed that the Adapter they bought while kept the Laptop running, did NOT actually charge it. I thought I found the perfect charger when I came across this product as it said it was the Dell ORIGINAL adapter. This is garbage, the first thing I noticed when I got this Adapter is that is says "Made in China" over where it should say "Dell" were it an original Dell adapter. I dont understand how "Smart Parts" got so many good reviews, but Im going to do my best that everyone know the truth on the garbage they sell. Do NOT buy this Adapter
1616 comments| 87 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 16, 2010
When I got the adapter the first thing I noticed is the differences between it and the Original Dell adapter it was supposed to replace. While the proper dell adapter had only two prongs, this replacement had three.

The polarity and output matched so I in theory it shouldn't short out.

On the back the certifications were certainly different. None of the ones I am familiar to seeing. There was no UL listing on this charger.

Differences aside, it worked fine. For a while.

After working perfectly for almost 2 days, it just simply stopped working. The status light does not come on, it does not charge, it doesn't even get warm to the touch when plugged in.

Dud.
on December 11, 2009
I ordered this for my Inspiron 1525 and it works perfectly so far. It is a slightly different model than the original adaptor that came with my 1525, but it is a genuine dell product and works perfectly with my 1525. My battery is charged and ready to go.
on January 26, 2011
This adapter works great for my Dell Inspiron 1525 (Despite some negative reviews that it doesn't), it powers and charges the battery. I also didn't think it ran too hot, though it's nice and warm, but won't burn you. This is also a "PA-12" adapter, if you were looking for that model name, which I didn't find on the listing.

The bad side is this is the second time I've had to replace one of these adapters, they only seem to last me a little over a year. Granted, they get everyday use, lots of pulling/tugging/bending along the way. When it has broken, I tested components with a multimeter and the problem definitely resides within the black box, and is not cord related.

Overall it does what it needs to do, but I wish it would last much longer.
on October 12, 2010
I compared with my friend's back-up charger bought from Dell, and they ARE identical.

I definitely recommend this product, and strongly suggest you don't buy those 10-dollar crappy charger. I had a 10 dollar one, and they overheat like hell and shut down your computer once a while.

The quality of this one is super compared to others. Some people might have compatibility problems as I read the previous comments, but I think this one still worth trying, 'cause they are much safer to begin with.
on June 4, 2010
This product is amazing, i ordered it after a failed order from another crappy company advertised the same thing and that one didn't work, but now i have this charger and i couldn't be happier. It's not as long as you may want it to be but it works on the Inspiron 1525. It's even more compact than the after market that comes with the laptop, yet again amazing and nothing more, if you want a good charger, order this charger.
on August 26, 2015
Okay, this is for those of you that purchased the 65watt power adapter, with this charger not lasting much more than the warranty of 1 year,
here's what I ended up doing. [I'll start from the beginning, Please note: This may not work for everyone.]

First of all, I like Dell. Next, since I've always tried to find good used mid-to upper range laptops so I wasn't paying top dollar, I for the most part had to replace the power adapter. When ever possible I try to buy OEM power adapters because I like to have all Del parts &/or accessories. Yesterday, August 25th, 2015 I had 5 PC's out. 1 Acer laptop, 1 HP laptop, 1 HP AIO, 1 Dell laptop & a Dell 2-in-1. Note that both Dells take the 65watt charger. 1 I bought 1 year, 4 months ago here on Amazon. After an hour or so I noticed that my laptop wasn't charging. At first I thought it must be a 2nd, or a B-C rated charger. Not the case. What I found was the power adapter was fine. The problem I was having turned out to be the cable from the wall to the adapter. Once I changed the cable, both power adapters were working just fine. I've never tried this before so even though I've been working on desktop computers for 16 years & laptop's since 2005-2006, I may have tossed out some good power adapters, I don't know for sure.
For me, I usually always keep at least 1 spare charger for the 65watt & 90watt adapters, & with a box of cables in the computer room, I'll be doing some more testing prior to sending the bad power adapters to my scrap barrel. Now my advice to anyone who was in the process of leaving negative feedback, no feedback or complaining about a seller, try what I ended up doing. You just might have more than 1 power adapter that is still working. I hope I was able to help someone out. Until the next time, take care, good luck & God Bless, Dee
on October 9, 2015
Great price for something I had nothing but trouble trying to buy from Dell as they kept sending me the wrong thing and I bought the computer from them. This was exactly the replacement part I needed which Dell couldn't figure out what it was. Better yet, the price was 25% of what Dell wanted for the wrong thing.
on September 23, 2015
I needed this so bad! I was so nervous that this wasn't going to work because previous chargers I bought gave out after a week, but not this one! This charger is still going strong and for 18 bucks, it was a steal! So so so happy I bought this.
on June 19, 2014
After my original power adapter stopped working, I replaced it with an off-brand that would only sometimes work. The computer would read it was "plugged in, not charging" without the charge going down. I replaced my battery to see if that was the problem but it was not. Eventually that power adapter stopped working completely. Since getting this to replace that, it always charges when plugged, for now, and I've had this about three months at this time.