1 Review

4.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding development laptop, January 11, 2011
This review is from: Dell Inspiron i1764 17.3-Inch Laptop (Obsidian Black) - i5-430 2.26GHz Intel CPU; 8GB Memory; 320GB HD; DVD/CDħR/RW; Windows 7 Home Premium, Wireless (Personal Computers)
The four stars here are for the notebook itself, not for the one-star seller (Link-Tronics Memory). I describe that awful experience last.

The laptop has been fast and reliable. I had the memory upgraded to 8GB. I bought it refurbished, though I would never have known that. But I saved hundreds over the price of new.

The screen is bright and the display is very good. I tend to remote into it from another machine with a big monitor, so I don't use that part very often. It is fast enough, and the Windows 7 OS has never crashed or locked up. I run Oracle Virtual Boxes that are running Windows 2008 R2 Server, SharePoint Server and SQL Server, and I give each VM 4GB of memory. Plenty of horsepower for a development machine.

As for the seller, Link-Tronics Memory: They shipped the notebook without a power supply. I paid for expedited shipping, but seller would not overnight power supply. Said it cost too much. Then they shipped wrong power supply. Finally shipped right part, but the order took about 2 weeks to complete. Seems like this was all due to carelessness and unwillingness by them to fix their mistake. The notebook is fantastic, but I won't do business with Link-Tronics Memory again.