Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on January 11, 2011
The four stars here are for the notebook itself, not for the one-star seller (Link-Tronics Memory). I describe that awful experience last.

The laptop has been fast and reliable. I had the memory upgraded to 8GB. I bought it refurbished, though I would never have known that. But I saved hundreds over the price of new.

The screen is bright and the display is very good. I tend to remote into it from another machine with a big monitor, so I don't use that part very often. It is fast enough, and the Windows 7 OS has never crashed or locked up. I run Oracle Virtual Boxes that are running Windows 2008 R2 Server, SharePoint Server and SQL Server, and I give each VM 4GB of memory. Plenty of horsepower for a development machine.

As for the seller, Link-Tronics Memory: They shipped the notebook without a power supply. I paid for expedited shipping, but seller would not overnight power supply. Said it cost too much. Then they shipped wrong power supply. Finally shipped right part, but the order took about 2 weeks to complete. Seems like this was all due to carelessness and unwillingness by them to fix their mistake. The notebook is fantastic, but I won't do business with Link-Tronics Memory again.