The manufacturer commented on the review below
4.0 out of 5 stars Good for the Price
It's a Dell and I have always found them to be reliable.
Published 20 months ago by P. Klein

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst PC I have owned
Published 13 months ago by Shelly-phant

The manufacturer commented on the review belowSee comments
4.0 out of 5 stars Good for the Price, December 16, 2012
This review is from: Dell Inspiron 660s i660s-3848BK Desktop (Personal Computers)
It's a Dell and I have always found them to be reliable.
It has tons of memory, some added software for a trial basis such as Office 2010, Skype and Media software I never heard of, Cyberlink they call it. Since it's Win 8, which is the hardest part. The cons are that to open or close the DVD drive, you have to get to control panel. NO button, only power button exists. But for the most part, I only need this machine for email and some creative writing. It was less than $500, so it is worth the price. It has 6 USB 2.0 ports and 4 USB 3.0 ports.
It has everything as described.

stem
The manufacturer commented on this review(What's this?)
Posted on Jan 2, 2013 12:42:36 PM PST
DellTeam says:
(MANUFACTURER)
Hey P. Klein,

Great to hear that the Inspiron 660 is working out well for you. Sorry about not getting to you quicker on the CD/DVD door, but it looks like Aleko helped you out right.

Thanks!! JGB

5.0 out of 5 stars snazzy, January 5, 2013
I bought one last week at Best Buy because it's down the street. This is a very nice computer, about 1/2 the size of my old Dell. It's solid metal which gives it a sturdy feel. Some people complain about a lack of software but I see that as a positive. Windows 8 seems strange at first but all you have to do is click on DESKTOP tile and the old Windows interface is there.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, December 19, 2012
LadyGem6 (Corona, CA USA) - See all my reviews
Super fast shipping from this seller. Everything described in the product info section was accurate. Bought this for my mom to replace her old, slow desktop. This thing is amazing, and SUPER easy to install. Anyone can do it :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Windows 8 - not so great., March 21, 2013
The computer is awesome.
Windows 8 - not so much.
The format is difficult to use.
I guess it's set up for I-Phone users, but I'm not one.
Very frustrating to try to operate

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst PC I have owned, July 9, 2013
I have, until this point, been a Dell devotee. I've never had to call them for anything, until now. When my 8+ year old PC started to blue screen I purchased the 660S. From the get to I have had problems. First one was when it went to "sleep" and wouldn't wake up. That was at least an hour on the phone with support. Next, using the touchpad the mouse started going "crazy." It acted as if it had stored up hundreds and hundreds of moves and ran them all at once. I had to wait up to 20 minutes to regain control of the mouse. When I stopped using the Touchpad, which was a recommended purchase when I bought the PC, this problem went away. That was the 2nd call to Dell. Third one - using Lightroom and Outlook I keep getting "Not Responding". My email loads so slowly that I have gone back to using my 5 year old Dell laptop, or my phone, because it's so much faster. Lightroom will stop responding and the only choice I have is to kill it and restart. With Outlook it restarts itself over and over. I've spent 4+ hours on the phone with Dell about this so far. I've told them repeatedly how dissatisfied I am with this machine and they refuse to let me return it for another PC. They keep "optimizing" it - which has no effect at all. I'm going to call them one more time and if they don't resolve this to my satisfaction I will donate the PC somewhere and buy anything BUT a Dell.

Whatever you do DO NOT BUY THIS PC.

5.0 out of 5 stars A real bang for the buck, March 9, 2013
I've been a PC user for over 20 years and am totally blind. The DVD drive eject button is unique but was able to locate in about three min. I purchased the 8gb upgrade, downloaded the .pdf manual and installed the memory and my system detected all 8gb the first time I turned it back on. Removing the fan shroud is tricky but fairly easy. You won't bee disappointed in this system.
If you are using a screen reader such as JAWS or Window-eyes, the Dell Backup utility isn't very accessible. However, I phone Dell toll-free, informed them of my situation including service tag, and they shipped me a restore set free. Couldn't be happier.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Nice, March 1, 2013
GWT (Down South) - See all my reviews
You can't beat this computer for the price. It's fast, very, very quiet and compact. The wireless Ethernet is very handy for those who don't want to run a cable. Comes with the keyboard and mouse, but no speakers. Not liking Windows 8 but since this PC was for someone else, I won't have to deal with the OS.

NOTE: Check the DELL site before you order. I got hosed by not doing that because DELL was running seventy dollars off this model.. It is not 19.88 x 10.31 x 15.38 inches. That is the box size. It is more like 15 x 10.5 x 4 inches.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, December 22, 2012
I brought this for my mom. Simple and easy to set up. Works well right out of the box. Even installed the printer driver on its own (Thank you Windows 8.)

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent value, April 24, 2013
We have really enjoyed the Dell desktop. The only reservation has to do with Windows 8 which takes some getting used to but after several weeks does what we want it to do. The hardware has been flawless.

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst buying decision ever., September 17, 2013
Worst buying experience ever. Bought Dell Inspiron 660. Crashed almost immediately. After several hours with "service" they decide Dell has loaded a corrupt MS operating system.So I'm off for an hour drive to buy a thumb drive to save my data.Another hour with dis-service and I'm out $50 to fix a brand new computer. During the debacle, the tech reads the script and tries to sell me an extended warranty for my non functioning brand new machine.Nice timing.Seven days later still no operating computer.Dell is terrible an without a clue re customer service. I can only hope that someone takes the time to read this and buys a different brand.

Dell Inspiron 660s i660s-3848BK Desktop