Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports

on January 21, 2014
We wanted a new computer and didn't want Windows 8 (or 8.x for that matter). This model is mid-sized: The front panel is fairly compact, but the machine is deeper than really small models.

The factory packaging was fine, and setup was easy, except that it wanted to operate in U.K. English. This is especially noticeable when you try to type "@" by pressing SHIFT+2 and you get a double-quote mark instead. I finally got it to settle down by not only selecting U.S. English, but by removing the U.K. English option from Windows. An economical computer with enough power for most home uses. Built-in wired and wireless networking is convenient.

Recommended.
on January 17, 2014
The computer box had been opened and resealed; I was initially very worried as it was advertised as new, but the system seemed OK after setup. However, I will not buy here again.
on March 14, 2014
The only thing keeping me from giving it a 5 star rating is that the "buttons" on the computer cabinet for access to dvd usbs,data chips, etc. are hard to distinguish (black on black). White print lettering would be sensible, especially since many users place the computer below the desk (in the dark!)
on March 12, 2014
It's a great deal and the tower small enough you can put in a small space or on top of your desk, BUT after recently putting it together I came across a million problems where I had to hire a comp tech to come to my home and check it out. Turns out it needs tons of configuration. At first I was unable to get into a majority of web sites, the screen would freeze, could not play any games. I called the tech again and he explained the whole configuration thing and the problem. Paid him again and contacted Amazon immediately to return. Just waiting for return label now. Not worth it. Addition 4/19/14. Return label was never sent by seller. I paid comp tech 3 weeks ago to bring computer up to par so it can be used.
44 comments| 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 24, 2014
It was also a pleasure buying through Amazon as opposed to Dell who always turn the whole purchase process into a drawn out pain in the a$$. Fast set up, no glitches, and I'm amazed at just how little space the unit takes up. I was already familiar with Windows 7 from using it at work, so operating the new system is easy.
What more can I say?
Good deal all around.
This computer was delivered promptly and was easy to set up and operate. I recommend both this computer and the vendor who sold it. It does all I want, which is just word processing, surfing and running a few odd programs.
on May 21, 2014
Having just left using Lap Top computers and not really ready to use a tablet for work, I ventured back into purchasing a Desktop.
The wee desktop arrived in speedy fashion, easy peazy to set up myself--it took 7 minutes. The computer has it all, plenty of storage
fast web surfing, just an all round ease to use and takes up almost no space at all, So far I have had no problems and it has been 2 months now. I definitely would recommend the desk top to those who work from home, simply and a joy to use. .
on April 30, 2014
I trust Dell. Their printers stink, but the computers are top of the line. Plus, it came with Microsoft 7 ... so I don't have to spend eight
months figuring out Microsoft 8. I want to be able to use a computer not wade through endless and meaningless changes.
on March 27, 2014
Loved Loved LOVED that I was able to get Windows 7. Had purchased a win8 machine locally, and after untold frustration, returned it and bought this computer. Only regret, keyboard doesn't have volume control button.
on May 31, 2014
Read the reviews and cannot not understand why all the negative remarks about Windows 8.1. I traded my Compaq XP to Best Buy and purchased my Inspiron with 8.1. Last year purchased laptop with 8.0 and returned it, very confusing to use. The 8.1 is so much easier to use, click on desktop and your good to go. I am far from being a computer expert, but I gave 8.1 a chance and glad I did. Just like going from analog to digital, eight track to cassettes and then to CD's and now MP3's & I-tunes. Please don't take offense, just take advantage of the positive changes in operating systems. Still have Wind 7 on my Laptop but prefer using Win 8.1 on Desktop. However my HP Chromebook beats all for simplicity in web browsing.