Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Blake Shelton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation SnS

on June 18, 2015
ONE WEEK AGO, THE BATTERY I BOUGHT FROM THIS RESELLER IN SEPTEMBER 2014 OVERHEATED, EXPLODED & CAUSED A FIRE IN MY HOME & DESTROYED MY PC. Thinking it was a Dell OEM, as advertised here by the reseller, I worked with Dell to investigate root cause. Based on Dell's forensics, THIS BATTERY WAS PROVEN TO BE COUNTERFEIT!

I ordered & received this battery in September 2014. It came quickly, as promised. It was labeled as Dell OEM, as promised. It charged OK and held its charge for several hours, as promised. All was good - UNTIL LAST WEEK -

At 2:45am, my wife & I were awakened by a loud noise in the next room. I jumped up, ran in and found our Dell Laptop and our table cloth on fire. It had been powered off for ~ 7 hours and was NOT connected to AC power. It was just sitting on a table, lid closed.

I snuffed out the table cloth fire, grabbed the computer and got it outside onto the patio. I was able to remove the battery from the PC and leave it outside. Just as I got back inside & closed the door, the battery exploded in a major way (see the photo).

The PC is toast. The house smells of burnt plastic. Our table cloth was burned through and the table itself was severely damaged by the small, but very intense fire. Had we not been awakened by the initial noise, this situation could have been much worse, not just for us, but for also our neighbors since we live in a high rise apartment.

Amazon put me in contact with Dell. I sent them photos and details of the explosion. A Dell Safety Investigator promptly called me and asked for certain additional photos. After I provided the additional photos, he called me back and walked me through the evidence that concluded this battery is COUNTERFEIT.

Even though this battery was advertised and was actually labeled as OEM, it is COUNTERFEIT. Anomalies in the labeling and certain internal construction features, which we would normally never see, provide the proof. I am an engineer myself and have done failure analysis before, so am satisfied with this conclusion. I'm now waiting on Amazon for their response.

BUT PEOPLE, PLEASE BE AWARE, THIS RESELLER IS PROMOTING COUNTERFEIT Li-Ion BATTERY PACKS WHICH ARE VERY DANGEROUS DUE TO SUB-STANDARD DESIGN & LACK OF PROPER SAFETY FEATURES.
review image
on February 26, 2013
I bought this replacement in January 2013. As of yesterday it will no longer hold a charge.

Why did I not just buy one directly from Dell????? and is "Geuine" a misspelling of Genuine or just a joke...

Amazon. what a disappointment.
on July 6, 2012
Bought this battery in April and it went bad already, it will not take a charge. Sent a request to company and they have ignored me. Thankfully I saved the old battery and I can get it to charge. Stay away from this seller
on August 23, 2012
For a brand new battery, this one gets easily drained..what they,ve writteishmael the description is not TRUE at all. I wish I bought the battery from the dell company itself..battery no good...they should be honest enough to put a correct or accurate description of whatever item the are selling. I'm so disappointed.
on June 26, 2012
This is NOT a 48WH 10.8V battery as shown in the product description, the battery I got was NOT compatible with my wife's Inspiron 1545. Returned.
on February 18, 2013
This replacement battery was in factory packaging and was in brand new condition. The price was excellent at approx. 30 percent of a Dell factory replacement. My old battery would last about 40min before requiring a full charge and the new one lasts almost 4 hours. This is the second replacement battery I have purchased from Amazon and the product, service and price were all excellent.
on November 9, 2012
I bought this battery a little over two months ago. At first it would charge only to 50%. As time went on, that figure kept getting smaller. Right now the maximum is 20% and that figure drops every few days. I have to order another battery. There's a reason it was priced low.
on December 19, 2014
I've had my Dell Inspiron type 1545 for over five years, and it's still functioning so I don't see the point of upgrading. I'm from the generation where we used nothing but a mouse, so just a touch pad cursor was an adjustment! With this in mind I see little point in a touch screen laptop. That, however is besides the point. The only complaint I ever had of my trusty laptop, was that it had to be connected to it's charger in order to work, as it didn't hold a charge. After about two years connected to a charger, I finally decided to buy a new battery. I'm using the battery as I type this, and it feels great to be unplugged! The battery is working properly and it arrived to me super quick! Very relieved to have bought this!
on January 7, 2014
This battery came and I put it in my computer which then read NO BATTERY DETECTED, meaning I guess that it was a bad battery. No problem, the communication with the seller was quick and the refund came swiftly but what I actually wanted was a working battery. So now I am still without a battery, no explanation as to why they just went ahead and did a refund instead of a replacement and I am out shipping costs. I guess you get what you pay for. Still looking for a reasonably priced laptop battery for my Dell but thinking I will not order one online again.
on June 2, 2015
I was a bit concerned when ordering as my original battery indicated 56Wh capacity - it's the one that
came with my Dell laptop computer over six years ago. This battery is 48Wh capacity. I charged it for
over 24 hours with the computer off. It works! It holds it's charge wonderfully. It has brought new
life to my computer. Great turnaround between ordering and delivery.