Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Dell Inspiron 14" i14RN-1364DBK Laptop with Inter Core i3-2330M 2.2Ghz, 4GB DDR3 Memory, 640GB Hard drive, Wifi-N, BlueTooth, USB 3.0, Windows 7 Home Premium
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on November 10, 2011
The interface selection is decent, Dell didn't cut corners here, even though more than just 3 USB ports would be nice.

For ~$600, an i3 was ok in Summer, but with the Year drawing to its end and Intel's new Ivy Bridge CPU's showing up in a couple of months, it would have been nice if a discounted i5 with its HD3000 could have made it into this model.

There's no dedicated GPU at all, so you're stuck with the i3's anemic integrated graphics... e[...]

As for the screen, I find the 1366x768 pixel resolution poor, no matter what fancy names they give it. But Dell isn't alone with this, everything from 11" to 15" comes with this atrocious resolution these days.

To me, this resolution would be effective in an entry level gaming machine with a lower mid-range GPU like the HD6630M or GT540M, since those GPUs do a lot better with low resolutions.

This notebook however has no GPU, so you won't be playing any games with it - leaving it for people who only do office work and maybe watch an occasional video. For office work, 1366x768 is extremely poor, especially if you're stuck with Microsoft's latest version of Office with those big ribbons... there is very little screen space left for Excel and Word to display what you're actually trying to work on. You can forget about legibly displaying a whole page of a document. In Excel, you'll be in a hell of scrolling-up-and-down-and-back-and-forth.

So, I consider this display a mismatch for the only role this laptop can fulfill. (if you want nothing more than browse the web, you could of course buy a much lighter weight netbook, or, god forbid, a tablet)

Lastly, its not exactly light weight for the screen size, there are 15.6" notebooks that weigh less.

You are probably able to configure this model differently on Dell's website, but there can be drastic price differences in either direction, even for a unit with identical spec, cause Dell's own quoted prices never include tax, so on Dells site your bill jumps when you reach checkout, on Amazon it doesn't. At other times, Dell may have cut its prices, while the sales channel is still full of product with the old price. So do yourself a favor and double check :)
on February 12, 2012
Half my life is on the computer. So I really needed one that is easy to use, reliable, good quality. (This thing is solid as a rock!) I shopped and shopped for several months, looked closely at other brands, reviews, ratings, etc, and decided this was the one for me!
on January 19, 2012
the only complaint is that the speakers are on the bottom, and are not the best. I would recommend a good set of ear/head phones

Speed, power, all great.

Battery life is exceptional for me. I play a lot of music, so it is understandably a shorter battery life.
on February 1, 2012
I bought this computer and it broke after two months of using it. It makes an awful noise and smells like something is burning. I sent it back to Dell, and when they sent it back to me, it persisted on having the same problem. They didn't even fix it!!! Don't buy Dell! Dealing with Dell manufacturer is a nightmare! The quality of technical support and the quality of this product is simply below any human standard!
on May 15, 2012
Dell needs to get their act together. A lot of their laptops no longer work with non-OEM batteries, meaning that when your battery no longer holds a charge (usually happens in a year or two, depending on your use), you have to shell out a hell of a lot of money to buy an original Dell battery. You won't be able to use a non-OEM battery (which would be much cheaper). You will get this error message if you try to use a non-Dell battery in a Dell laptop:

"the model number for the primary battery cannot be determined. This will prevent any battery present from charging. Please insert a Dell battery for best system operation."

I'm never going to buy another Dell laptop. This is a deal-breaker for me.
on April 27, 2012
I used the same laptop at work for the about the last 3 years, and it is a work horse. With a spill resistant keyboard and drop zone hard drive, this notebook will take the daily knocks of the regular commuter. This is no Panasonic Toughbook but it will survive your daily us.
on September 20, 2012
I just finished busting an eight month old DELL 14RN 1364DBK laptop repeatedly against my coffee table. Damn!, that felt good! I admit, I am a dinosaur when it comes to computers and most other modern devices. But, I can only stand so much of freezing up, the cursor going where IT wanted to go, etc. Plus, the windows 7 home edition leaves you wondering whether it is even working most of the time. There is no icon to show that the thing is searching, etc. I have owned several computers in the past, but this is the worst one that I have ever owned. I bought one from Radio Shack in 1987 that performed better than this.
on June 5, 2014
Bought this Dell Laptrap in 2013... Hard drive crash after 7 months and stop working just later. After dealing with warranty and lost of files and info I was not happy... Afterward misc problems persisted. Call Dell and their answer is to upgrade to a better plan. I have used Dell products for most of my life, but this laptrap is not their one of there best models. PS fan is constantly on. Not a happy camper. If you buy this product make sure to have a warranty to cover for at list a lifetime.
on June 17, 2012
Love the dell. I use it all the time and had no problems. great price. just wish it came with software
on October 29, 2012
I had this laptop for about four months. The harddrive died. Im a college student and this made my life rather difficult while it was gone. However, Dell has good customer service. Probably because they make products that don't work. My advice pick a different brand.

See 1 answered question