Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on February 14, 2013
This laptop is great for basic use. I use it mainly for browsing and using Office. The hinge design is sturdy, and the case itself does not feel flimsy, while still being fairly lightweight for its size. The battery life is not amazing, but I mostly keep it plugged in so that's not a big concern for me. Overall for me the best thing is that it has Windows 7! Windows 8 is just awful and so I was happy to see a new laptop with Windows 7 still available at this price point.
on January 5, 2013
It's a Refurbished laptop for $299, came in the original box in excellent condition. Works perfect, no issues with it so far. It has HDMI output, webcam, wireless and Windows 7, you can easily upgrade to Windows 8 when ready.
on January 23, 2013
Love the look, features, speed, and price! No complaints about this machine, it's doing a fantastic job. My husband and I use it for school, email, reading, and internet surfing/research. This is one great bargain!!
on January 21, 2013
This Dell may not be the top of the line, but for my use (surfing web, personal pictures, music and doucument)it is more than enough. Very fast and efficent.
on March 31, 2013
This computer is easy to use and has all of the familiar features I have come to enjoy in a computer, and the added plus of being
new and quick. The processor works quickly enough and I get very clear images. Hope you find it to be as useful of a tool as I do.D
I have used an HP since 2008 and was very pleased to see that Dell is quite comparable in quality - I had no trouble switching.
on May 25, 2013
After hours of reviewing I decided on this Dell Inspiron laptop model. The main reason was for the still available Windows 7 option (heard negatives on Windows 8). Very pleased with everything, but the battery does seem to go down a little quicker than others I've used. For the price it's an excellent choice.
on July 7, 2013
I bought this as a gift because I liked mine so much. Everyone who needs a new laptop should get one of these Windows 7 models while they are still available and spare yourselves the pain of struggling with Windows 8.
on June 15, 2013
Received my Dell Inspiron yesterday - have already transferred data from old computer to this one without any problems. The computer has a great feel to it, a beautiful screen display and so far, I'm really enjoying it. So thankful it has Windows 7 since I've heard of so many who have issues with Windows 8. At this point, I can highly recommend this product.
on March 11, 2013
Great laptop in slick black. This laptop is very fast and easy to work and navigate with. Great for small games or for surfing the internet. I would recommend this laptop to any person starting out for the first time using laptops.
on October 2, 2014
Motherboard bad after less than a year and a half. After having 3 Sony Vaios crash after about 2 years use, I thought I'd try Dell. Laptop has not been used roughly and has been out of the house exactly 2 times. Dell wants $269.00 just to check but motherboard is done for. BACK UP OFTEN-this one doesn't last!!

Hurray!! No more dealing with that garbage Windows 8 !!! I struggled and cursed for a year trying to deal with my Win 8 laptop and wanting to throw it out of the window every single time. So....I sold it on Ebay and bought this one, looking for a couple of specific requirements. Had to have Windows 7 and had to have separated Left/Right control buttons on the touchpad.
This one has both, plenty of power and I have no complaints. It has been a huge relief to have a laptop that isn't ruined by a bunch of "phone app" tiles on it and one I can use without being logged into a forced MS account with too many advertisements. I've had problems in the past with laptops where the left click/right click control buttons were integrated into the touchpad. On many it's been almost impossible to activate them. This laptop has the buttons completely separate from the touchpad so there is no mistake in what you want to do.
I bought a refurbished one and it came to me in "like new" condition. Have not had a single problem with it. I would like to see a design where the keys themselves were a slightly lighter color as this laptop can be hard to use in dim light. The only other complaint is that this black color seems to always look a lot more dirty and smudged than my previous computers. There is just something odd about the plastic it was made from.

All in all, this is a great computer and well worth every penny!