5.0 out of 5 stars Dell Inspiron i15N-1910BK 15-Inch Laptop (Black)
Published on August 28, 2012 by Sandra

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed with Dell Laptop
I purchased my Dell Laptop thinking it would be a Great computer,But it has not turned out that way! I wish I had gone back to an Aspire Laptop that I purchased 3yrs ago!!! Its still the Best laptop to buy ASPIRE!!!
Published on September 27, 2012 by Kel-pay

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Dell Inspiron i15N-1910BK 15-Inch Laptop (Black), August 28, 2012
This review is from: Dell Inspiron i15N-1910BK 15-Inch Laptop (Black) (Personal Computers)
There were no reviews yet when I bought this laptop except for one that I found about 18 pages in on a Google search. I wasn't sure if I should take a chance, but it was a Dell with an HDMI port and it was only $400.00. I ordered it on a Saturday and got it just after 8:00 a.m. Monday morning. I love it so far. It's really fast compared to my 64 MB of ram on my Desktop. There was no software fluff that I needed to remove. Some people complained in reviews of other laptops about unwanted programs loaded in it, and then they had to uninstall all of it. One person said she deleted a little too much and had to put it back in. McAfee is loaded on the laptop, but that's the program that AT&T gives me for free so I was good with that. I've only had the laptop for 2 days so I'll have to do a follow-up review in a few months or so. I can say initially that it appears to be a nice laptop for the money.

A follow up note: The battery life appears to be only a couple of hours. That is not a problem for me, but for some people it may be a real concern.

A hint for those who already get McAfee from AT&T, you have to hit "Activate" on the pop-up for the free McAfee trial; otherwise, the pop-up will never go away. I ended up at a McAfee community forum to find that out!

March 30, 2013: I still love this laptop. I use a mouse with it though. It has 3 USB ports, which I have used all of them at once on occasion. I have no regrets with this purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great, love it, August 30, 2012
Works as it should. Super fast shipping. Love my new laptop! My old Dell laptop just became too slow and it was time to replace it. I only use my laptop for downloading my digital camera pics onto it, the occasional Word documents, Skype and the internet. This laptop does all of that very well. I highly recommend this computer for the price.

4.0 out of 5 stars some issues, September 13, 2012
Initially when I set up this laptop it would drop the wireless connection constantly. I was about to return it to amazon when I decided to contact DELL about this problem. The dell techs scanned the PC and found that the trial version of Mc Afee was the culprit. After deleting the program my laptop began to operate smoothly and fast. The tech also mentioned a security program called "system mechanic" this program constantly scans and repairs any glitches that your computer may incounter. This program cost $129.00 for a three year subscription however I can download it to any computer I own, this is where the sysyem mechanic becomes a bargain as I have 3 computers in my household, and now all of them are covered by this program. So far so good, I will update this review after I have had it for awhile longer.
The one thing I would have liked to see would have been an illuminated keyboard, however for the cost of this laptop I feel it was a good buy, and much faster than my dell that has the Vista operating system. Vista has too many issues than I can mention in this review.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast and Furious!, September 1, 2012
Fast and Furious!
These are fantastic laptops for the amateur or pro user.
I know a lot about computers and I can tell you that these are the best bargain you will find for the specs. For pro-users, for less than $40.00 you can add ram to make this 8gb. Another reason to buy is because you can register with micro soft and get win8 for $14.99.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed with Dell Laptop, September 27, 2012

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Yet Average, September 8, 2012
The sleek design and the rich red color is very attractive. The High Def screen is easy on the eye and the keyboard has a very comfortable feel. So far this Dell laptop has everything going for it unless you're into video conferencing. The below average webcam image quality is probably due to its poor light sensitivity. Adjusting the sensitivity does not help much, you must have a well lit area. The battery's charge, as with most Dell laptops, runs down quickly in comparison to other laptops such as Apples Macbook Air. The sound quality is also average at best which makes it incompatible to such a vibrant screen.

1.0 out of 5 stars My Dell Battery died within three weeks, September 8, 2012
My Dell Laptop died less than 3 weeks-THREE WEEKS-of me getting it. The store I got it from has an extremely short 14 day return policy and wouldn't take it back. Which was, ahem, not very "easy."

Dell batteries are notorious for dying quickly. I think they had a lawsuit over it. They have not improved! Don't buy Dell!

1.0 out of 5 stars If I could give it a zero I would, October 14, 2012
This laptop is JUNK! I bought this laptop for my daughter 14 months ago. Yes we paid a lot more money for it then. Three months ago it starting crashing and having blue screen problems. After having a computer repair place look at it, we were told that the motherboard was bad and that to fix it would cost us more than what we could buy it new today. Stay away from this laptop, it will cost you more money in the long run. We are going to look at HP's and Macs which have been very reliable for us in the past and have lasted for several years.

2.0 out of 5 stars I should have listened to other reviewers and bought something else!!!, February 28, 2013
I bought this laptop 6 months ago (Aug 2012) for school. At the time the reviews weren't that great, but I have had many Dell desktop computers, so I took a chance. At the time of purchase, there was a special deal for Windows 8 for $15 when it came out in a month. Before this, the computer was functional (slow, full of programs I didn't want or need, but worked ok). After the Windows 8 install, the screen did not work (had to connect to an external monitor and download new BIOS drivers), the number keys did not work in web browsers (had to uninstall Xfinity firewall), and the touchpad was no longer able to be turned off (still can't, so I have cardboard taped over it so I can type). NOW, the DVD drive just stopped working for no reason; the door wouldn't open so I popped it with a paperclip (as recommended on the support site) and now it won't close, no matter what I do. I have only used it for 4 different discs in 6 months, so it's not like it is from heavy use. My computer sits on my desk and has never been dropped or jarred. I am very disappointed in this laptop (AND Windows 8, but that is a different review) and would not recommend it for others, nor will I EVER buy another Dell computer as long as I live! I am only giving it 2 starts because some of the problems I experienced were from the OS install, and it might have been passable if I had kept Windows 7.

1.0 out of 5 stars Dells customer service beyond stinks!, January 5, 2013
Bought a laptop from dell, since the last laptop we purchased from them 7 years ago we had loved along with dell's technical support.

Oh. My. God! Have things changed!!! We have had this new computer for less than a month and it wouldn't stay connected to our wireless Internet since day one, until finally last night it wouldn't connect at all! Upon trying to diagnose the problem, it turns out something is defective with the computers wifi driver.

Called customer support and have been on hold for 6 hours and my husband is still on hold at the time I am writing this! Not being able to understand their Indonesian (or whatever) accents is the least of your worries, because all you have to understand is that you are being transferred again and again! We keep getting transferred back and forth as it seems no one in "technical" support is equipped to handle "technical" issues. How nice. At one point I was transferred to customer support after asking for a manager and despite the recording for customer support stating they were open "7 days a week from 7am to 7pm" they were ironically "closed" and I was told to call back Monday and disconnected. So we called back again, only to get transferred around for several more hours and even had another person attempt to transfer us to customer support again after telling her that customer support was closed! At this point we are back on hold with the initial number that we originally called at 10 am this morning! (its almost 3pm now). This is effing ridiculous! I have never seen anything like this and I work for a phone center! I know they are suppose to tell you that there "isn't a manager" and try to resolve the issue on their own, but I'm starting to question if there even is anyone in the entire place that knows what's going on! Maybe a manager or two would solve these problems! And I am usually a very patient person. My advice?! Do. Not. Purchase. A. Dell. Seriously! They are not the company they used to be! As much as I try to buy partially American made... I'm telling you, anything is better than this company!!!! Seriously too bad, considering what they once were. They've lost me as a customer forever! And I plan to post this everywhere I can! I'm not a vindictive person by nature, but I do believe in trying to spare people what I had to learn the hard way. $600 later plus a protection plan and 6 hours and counting on hold is how they value my business! With this kind of customer resolution, this company deserves to find its bottom lines in the toilet! That's what you get when you outscource! You really do get what you pay for! Even when it comes to hourly wages apparently!

Ps. My husband just got transferred AGAIN, and then when that person was going to transfer him yet again, my husband got angry and was promptly hung up on! Seriously! If you still buy a dell after reading this, you can't complain the first time you call technical support, because I told you so!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›