5.0 out of 5 stars Very Pleased, Sturdy, Easy to set up, Runs Windows 7
Published 5 months ago by E. Comella

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed
This laptop is a disappointing I have an I7 intel processor on a desktop than's really fast, this one in this laptop is more like an I3.

Also I'm thinking this was a repair job for when I first turned it on it came up in the option mode that the computer was not shut down
Published 4 months ago by Philip Heddleston

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Pleased, Sturdy, Easy to set up, Runs Windows 7, February 7, 2014
E. Comella (Troy Montana USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dell Inspiron 15R i15RM-8292sLV 15.6-Inch Laptop (Windows 7) (Personal Computers)
Great workhorse computer. No frills like touchscreen. Runs the familiar and capable Windows 7. Has a nice fast Intel 4th generation Intel Core i7-4500U processor, 8GB Memory, 1 TB hard drive, and integrated Intel HD graphics with a bright 15.6" HD display. I like the fact that it came loaded with the MS Office software so that once I purchased the suite that I wanted online at the Microsoft store it was setup and ready to use in no time. I used LapLink PCMover (also from Amazon) to transfer files and applications from my older Dell XPS and added a WD My Passport 1 TB external hard drive (from Amazon). Now I am up and running and very happy with the new set up. Thanks Amazon for having everything I needed, making it easy to chose the right components and getting them to me promptly before the failing hard drive on my older Dell XPS gave up.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, February 26, 2014
Philip Heddleston (Dayton, OH United States) - See all my reviews

properly, never seen that happen on a new computer. Also the packing box looked like it was repacked, buyer beware.

2.0 out of 5 stars What a waste of money., February 24, 2014
Speed was very disappointing. Not what I would expected from a I7 processor. My 6 year old Compaq is only slightly slower.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little laptop!, April 10, 2014
Sioco "Sioco" (Albuquerque, NM) - See all my reviews
This laptop is not nearly as heavy as I thought it would be. It processes quickly and was a cinch to set up. Other than the annoying McAfee software (which comes on every Dell nowadays), I absolutely love it. I run MS Office, Adobe Creative Cloud, and various video streaming applications. I haven't managed to cause the machine to slow down no matter how many programs I run at a time. ;) The keyboard is comfortable for my hands (and I do a LOT of typing), and the number keypad is very handy.

5.0 out of 5 stars NEW DELL "WINDOWS 7 PREMIUM", May 6, 2014
IT WAS SO HARD TO FIND WINDOWS 7 WITH THE OPTIONS I WANTED. AMAZON WAS THE ONLY WEBSITE THAT I COULD FIND IT ON. HELL, EVEN DELL.COM WOULDN'T OFFER IT UNLESS YOU WANTED TO WAIT 5 WEEKS FOR THE SPECIAL ORDER. I DIDN'T HAVE THE TIME. A SIDE NOTE ON THE SHIPPING. AMAZON HAS ALWAYS PACKAGED THEIR PRODUCTS VERY WELL. THIS COMPUTER WAS PACKED IN IT'S ORIGINAL BOX, WITH THE FIRM, SPONGY FOAM INSULATION. THIS DELL BOX WAS PLACED INSIDE OF A BOX THAT COULD FIT 3-4 BOXES OF SIZE 10 SHOES. THERE WERE 8-10 CONNECTED BUBBLE POCKETS, FOR PACKAGING, INSIDE OF THE BIG BOX. IF NOT FOR THE DELL PACKAGING, THIS LAPTOP WOULD'VE BEEN DAMAGED, GUARANTEED!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazon Saved me!!, April 13, 2014
I needed a widows 7 computer to run my business after my 4 year old Dell computer crashed. I called Dell and they told me they could have a computer for me in 2 days. A week later I was getting no response from Dell after calling and talking to countless people got online and ordered this computer from Amazon. I received the computer the next day and it was still $200 less expensive than the Dell I ordered direct that was back ordered. When I tried to cancel my dell order the next day Dell refused to cancel the order and the computer and 3 weeks later it was shipped to my house anyway. Only when I refused to accept Dells order did I eventually receive a credit on my account. Thank God Amazon was there to save me. I have had the computer for over a month and it works perfectly, Great buy and a great price. I will never buy direct from Dell again!!

4.0 out of 5 stars This is a Good Laptop, April 9, 2014
I got this to replace my old Dell Inspiron E1505 because it has windows xp and is over 7 years old. I like the volume controls a lot better on my old Dell and it still works fine.
This new Dell is a lot faster, sounds a lot better and has a much better HD display.
You will need a good palm pad, it has some sharp edges.
I hope this new Dell proves to be as reliable and trouble free as my old Dell.

I would highly recommend this to my family and friends if they liked windows xp and need a replacement.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love a Dell, June 16, 2014
David L. Wegman (Swansboro, NC USA) - See all my reviews
Has given me darn good service. I wanted Windows 7 because I just don't like Windows 8. Until they come out with something better I'll stick with Windows 7.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works for me, June 12, 2014
dsummers (Ellicott City, MD) - See all my reviews
I needed a replacement for an old Acer laptop. The Dell Inspiron 15R fulfilled the things I was looking for in a replacement. It handles the simple home computing, tax and accounting and investing activities I'm involved in. It has adequate RAM, processing speed, storage and, most importantly, has Windows 7 which was very important to me.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as fast I expected for being a 4th generation i7, June 11, 2014
liked the fact that it is a window 7 easy to work with. which it would have come with more programs as my older Dell that I bought 4 years ago.

Rate and Discover Movies