5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding

1.0 out of 5 stars CAREFUL PURCHASING DELL
Published 12 months ago by European Sales

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding, August 18, 2012
This review is from: Dell Inspiron i15RN-5294BK 15-Inch Laptop (Personal Computers)
Just received this one and I'm using it to leave this message. It was easy to setup and configure and I must say this Dell Inspiron i7-2670qm 15R is an outstanding notebook for the price. This machine has excellent performance. It's fast with a great display and keyboard w/number pad and includes features like HDMI, two USB 3.0, and eSATA connectors. The i7 quad processor ranks about 89 on the highend cpu benchmark scale making this a great value since notebooks like this one can sale for upwards of $1,000. If you are looking for a good laptop for under $600, this one's outstanding.

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome if you upgrade the hard drive but..., September 19, 2012
I recently purschased this laptop with the $590 deal and for that price I can tell you it was a great buy. I like to take my time when buying computer components because since I live in México is not as ez as many of you to return an item if it comes dented, scratched or fails on the first days after purschase because at that time I'd probably back from the US (Amazon is the best thing ever I think)...so I was looking for a laptop that fulfills my high requirements since I am a programmer and a gamer to get the best performance for the best price, in this case it will be mainly for programming over gaming, so my first priority was processor because that is something you'll live with the rest of your laptop's life, then the RAM Memory which can be upgradable at anytime, graphics (HDMI port), screen size and the last thing I care about is hdd capacity (just use an external hdd for data).

This laptop comes with i7 which means that you are getting 4 cores in contrast to the i5 that are 2 cores and that represents great performance in multitasking and hard processing in long runs even when you get faster frequencies with 2 cores, I recommend you to go to the cpubenchamarks page which can help you to have an overview and ranking performance of the cpu model you are looking for, when buying a laptop be careful of those advertisements deals of some AMD processors that are 3-4 cores that don't perform as Intels i3-i5 because sometimes the Intel performs better even with 2 cores.

Now, RAM memory is upgradable to 8 GB and for starting with 6GB is good and you save a bit here to later buy 2x4GB sticks same brand because when I opened it I noticed it came with 2 different brands.

So far the other features were good for me except for the hard drive, it is 500GB - 5400rpm which is a speedbump for the processor, so without awaiting to see how the HDD would perform and before I got the laptop I ordered a 128GB SSD (Samsung 830 series because of its reliability and rankings) and I know the big difference it would make. The performance before the SSD was really noticeable as expected after I installed it, the SSD was 2.5x faster that the HDD and now it easily boots in 13 - 16 seconds average, consider here that I installed a fresh instance of Windows 7 x64 Ultimate so no preinstalled Dell software that could slow down my boot time. The really bad news here are that if you want to upgrade the HDD for a SSD you'll need to literally dismantle your laptop in order to do that (I was not aware of that until the moment) so I took the risk in its brand new state and it wasn't so hard for me since I am an Engineer in Computer Systems but anyone can do it because it's pretty straightforward, all is just remove screws (during the procedure I highly recommend using antistatic wrist strap). Thanks to some tutorials I found in youtube I was able to do it with no problems but I sweated during the process (j/k) hoping I wouldn't break anything (plastics). At the end I did the system rating test and the graphics were the low ranked that determined the rating which I don't care much since I can run HD Videos, I think it has the Intel HD Graphics 3000 which is the most common, anyways If I want to play video games I just have to seat on my desktop with EVGA GTX 560 TI FTW. Hope you find this useful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome product in very low price, August 19, 2012
I have received this laptop with all the configuration as written...
It's really worth to have this configuration in such low prize.. Love it

1.0 out of 5 stars CAREFUL PURCHASING DELL, December 2, 2013
DELL KEEPS ON DOING MACHINES WITH A GOOD RATIO BETWEEN PRICE AND PERFORMANCE...UNFORTUNATELY MACHINES WITH THIS BRAND STOP WORKING ALL OF A SUDDEN WITHOUT ANY PARTICULAR REASON BUT WITH VERY CRITICAL TROUBLES E.G. HARD DISK FAILURE OR THE LIKE. DELL USES CHEAP COMPONENTS. IT ALREADY HAPPENED TO ME TWICE IN THE LAST 3 YEARS. 2 BRAND NEW LAPTOP, INCLUDING THIS ONE, DEAD WITH NO REASON.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dell Inspiron i15rn-5294bk, September 30, 2012
My technically savy son-in-law told me that this is exactly what a technically ignorant 68 year old needs. It seems to do everything I need it to do and thensome.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Deal, Great Laptop, September 30, 2012
I use this laptop for homework and listening to music. The speakers sound great and its a lot faster than my old desktop. This laptop is everything I expected it to be. If you want a something good for a reasonable price I highly recommend buying this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great company to deal with!, June 27, 2014
I love the computer. Received it way prior to the expected date. Not so the one ordered from Spr......that shipped the wrong one and it took over a month to get a refund so that I could buy this one. $200 more but well worth it.

2.0 out of 5 stars screen broke!, October 2, 2013
The hinge mechanism on the screen broke a little more than a year after this was purchased. It broke under normally opening and closing usage by an adult and occasionally two kids. The kids open it the same way as an adult as far I can tell. I think it is a poorly constructed mechanism and would not recommend the PC for that for reason. I expect to get 3 years out of a new PC

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value, August 7, 2013
I bought this about a year ago, and it's still running strong; build quality is quite good. I use mine primarily to run Lightroom and Photoshop, with a bit of Ableton Live. CPU performance has been very satisfactory. The hard disk isn't the fastest, but what can one expect from a 5400 RPM drive? I keep my photo library on a USB 3.0 external drive, so it's not too painful. I'd buy this again in a heartbeat.

1.0 out of 5 stars Has not lived up to the price or description, June 25, 2013
Jack Gahan (Portland, OR, US) - See all my reviews
I have had to call tech support 2 times and they tell me the same thing - I have to pay more for another form of a warranty when all I want is for the built in wireless to work - I fixed the problem myself with a $11 usb wireless card - but Dell still refuses to fix the issue when it is all over their web site that the card they installed is no good...JUST FIX IT OR GIVE ME ONE THAT WORKS

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›