5.0 out of 5 stars Yes, I would recommend this to a friend
Published on February 4, 2012 by Jenny Montgomery

3.0 out of 5 stars see
Laptop was a good deal.. nice features specs..no operating issues..
only problem is that the battery seems to be defected..only lasts about 2 hours as oppose to 6-7 which sucks..
Published on September 6, 2012 by Lian

5.0 out of 5 stars Yes, I would recommend this to a friend, February 4, 2012
This review is from: Dell Inspiron i15RN5110-7126DBK 15-Inch Laptop (Intel Core i3-2310M 2.1Ghz, 6GB DDR3 Memory, 640GB Hard drive,Blu-Ray player,BlueTooth, Windows 7 Home Premium) Diamond Black (Personal Computers)
I leaned towards this particular model because of the longer battery life, the number pad (the little things are sometimes the most important!) and the Blu-ray Disc Combo Drive. I have had it almost a month now and it has performed admirably. It boots quickly, processes video and complex programs and operations quickly, and seems to handle whatever I ask it to do. The larger touchpad is nice, not overly or under sensitive.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Amazing, August 16, 2012
If this computer is still 430 bucks like when I bought it, it will be the best d**m thing you could buy when it comes to notebooks. A reliable Dell with a super fast 2nd Gen Core i3 processor, 6 gigs of RAM, 640 GB HDD, Blu-Ray, Bluetooth, and to top it off, switchable lids. You can get any better than that. This is no gaming laptop but it'll run Portal just fine. I am a new college student and I have no doubts this computer will last me a long time.

Pros: Everything about the computer. It's fast, plenty of storage, and there is very little bloatware that is easily uninstallable. The chiclet keyboard is amazing and it even has the NUMPAD. The mouse pad is a perfect size and the clickers don't click, they are the kind that don't really make a sound at all. It even has 3 buttons on the top right corner of the keyboard that allow for quick access to some settings such as volume and brightness, I am not sure what the middle button does but I think it is a recovery key, and the last button turns off the display in case you need to leave your computer on but would like to save some battery. The battery seems to last quite a while on a full charge, but it's no ultrabook. The computer even has 2 USB 3.0 ports for when that goes viral. The 720p display is also very stunning.

Cons: Can't think of any. If you want a really light laptop, this may not be for you. It weighs close to 6 pounds. If you want a small laptop, again, this may not be for you since it is a 15.6" computer. However, for 430 dollars this is the bang for your buck.

Overall this computer is absolutely amazing just as the title suggests. When I saw this deal, I did not hesitate to hit that BUY NOW button at all. Definitely worth rating 5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars dell laptop, August 13, 2012
I do simple word processing(Word, Excel, PowerPoint), internet browsing, music, and a little video editing. Programs start quickly and the machine handles multiple programs easily. As with all new systems, You'll need to customize the desktop to your liking and remove unwanted programs added by Dell. The keyboard feel is better than I expected. The screen is great.

5.0 out of 5 stars You'll not get a better DELL Laptop than this, without paying a lot more money!, August 17, 2012
My old desktop crashed last January, and following several computers considered, I replaced that with this unit which I recommend with five stars. I would point out that at that time, the computer was one hundred dollars more at the retailer through which I made my purchase, and for the configuration: 6 GB RAM, Intel i3, a 640 GB HDD, I thought I made a very good deal in a laptop, better equipped than a substantial array of desktops. The DELL not only equalled and met my expectations, but it far exceeded my specifications on the six year old Gateway desktop, then recently crashing out into oblivion, together with the substantial upgrades which I put into that CPU: Three hard drives and more RAM.

With the old computer, I was well into a very lengthy process of ripping an extensive music collection. When the old unit died, I still had some seven hundred compact discs of music to go, and frankly, I wondered whether the laptop optical drive was up to the task. In hindsight, it was.

Another dilemma was how to retrieve the substantial amount of data files, photos, as well as old converted camcorder video files from the old computer-about 400GB worth. I solved the transfer with purchase of a ...

Mediasonic HF2-SU3S2 ProBox 4 Bay Hard Drive Enclosure with USB 3.0 & eSATA

...which was difficult to work with as a USB 3.0 unit at first, but now, file transfers back and forth are phenominally fast when the DELL is hooked up to the MEDIASONIC PROBOX. I have four Seagate Barracuda HDDs in the USB PROBOX.

With this unit two USB 3.0 ports come along with it (these are downward compabile to USB 2.0, if needed), together with a third 2.0, together with an e-sata port/fourth USB 2.0 configuration. I cannot say whether the e-sata has port multiplier technology or not. When the unit is charging on its AC adapter, I have a scanner, laser printer, an inkjet printer, and an upgraded 2.1 speaker system with subwoofer attached to the laptop via its headphone mini jack output. The internal sound card sounds quite decent through that. Battery life seems to last about three and a half hours or so, therefore here, I would not trust it as one's only business tool in an eight hour or more workday without the battery charger nearby.

At the now current AMAZON asking price, this is not only a steal for a computer but for this laptop. Your purchase might border on the threshold of larceny! At the five hundred to six hundred dollar level, your laptop to be will most likely be an i3, 500GB HDD, 4 GB RAM affair. The upgrade 640 GB Toshiba HDD in this unit comfortably houses your operating system and more. With all I have input into it, with all of my old computer's music plus seven hundred newly ripped discs, photos, about a thousand scanned documents, and about a hundred hours of old camcorder videos, there is still 180 GB of space left remaining on the unit, whic is always copied to the PROBOX HDDs. You have to part with at least eight hundred dollars, if for some of your own personal reasons you want to go and upgrade to an Intel i7, 8 GB of RAM, and a 1 TB HDD. That might be spending a silk purse for a sow's ear when considering this unit, which I admit I have used quite frequently in the past seven months. I am considering making my computer a networked configuration, and am considering purchase of a second computer. For the price of that earlier aforementioned sow's ear a good PLAN B might be to get two of these for a network configuration. I'm considering that myself.

2.0 out of 5 stars Horrible Horrible Horrible (MUST READ), October 4, 2012
Harry Hong (California, USA) - See all my reviews
This laptop is great for its price. It's unrivaled: USB 3.0, BR Drive, etc.

However, this particular model has a defective HDD. On the very first day I received this, it made a clicking sound followed by beep sound. I googled little bit, and it was a common symptom. Although it looks like not all units are defective (of course), but some units, especially those equipped with Samsung HDD, are defective. But it looked like it's okay, because clearly, it will be repaired at no charge under the warranty.

And this is where all this went crazy. I contacted Dell right away, and it took me two whole weeks to convince them that this is defective and needs to be repaired. They sent me an empty box, it took a couple days. I sent it back with my laptop in it, it took a couple days. They repaired it, it took three days. They sent it back to me, it took three days. Now finally I received the unit yesterday, and BOOM! It still BEEPS and CLICKS.

Apparently, they changed a motherboard, when I specifically said it looks like HDD problem. They said they "extensively tested" before they shipped this, but I highly doubt that.

So bottom line is this:

If your unit is not defective, I'm sure this is a very good laptop. The screen is little average, but not less than what you will expect at this price.

But if your unit IS defective, you're gonna have baaaaaaaaaaad time. I spent weeks and weeks with headache to simply replace the HDD under warranty, and it still didn't happen. They took it from me for more than a week and they replaced the motherboard. What a hilarious service!

Maybe I'm overgeneralizing, but Dell has horrible customer service. My advice is: either hope that you won't need any kind of service, or don't buy Dell.

3.0 out of 5 stars see, September 6, 2012
Laptop was a good deal.. nice features specs..no operating issues..

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for the price, September 27, 2012
After scouring the reviews, features and price points, I settled on this laptop for my son who is in high school. This is a relatively inexpensive stop gap to keep him going before all functions are ready available thru phone service. It has performed flawlessly to date. Selling point was price for the larger GB capacity.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dell (Excellent), September 25, 2012
I bought this computer and it works great. New, fast, beautiful, elegant design ... everything I expected and more. A great buy. I recommend you buy this computer.

3.0 out of 5 stars False advertising on hard drive size, August 28, 2012
I bought this model based on the advertised hard drive size of 650GB. However, upon investigation, it was realized that the size of the hard drive was actually 588GB with ONLY 554GB available to be used. I was most disappointed by this since this was one of the main reasons I purchased this model.

However, the product was promptly shipped after ordering with no damages to its package and materials. All other features (other than hard drive size) were true as advertised.

Additionally, I believe that this is one of the few models available that gives you the best features in relation to its price and size.A worthy investment if you are looking for a blu ray player with sufficient RAM.

4.0 out of 5 stars Dell laptop, December 4, 2013
My grandson is on this more than he should be but has no complaints. He gives it a thumbs up.