5.0 out of 5 stars Really Pleased with this Dell Inspiron Touchscreen Laptop
In searching for a good 'Back to School' laptop, my criteria was that it needed to be durable, functional & reasonable.
I wanted a laptop that will last a while - not some junk that will break in 2 years. Because of this, I wanted a reputable brand.
Published 12 months ago by designerflower

3.0 out of 5 stars The CPU is weak !!! I prefer an other
I prefer Dell Inspiron 15 i15RV-6144BLK, Because it had a stronger CPU: Intel Core i3 3227U 1.9 GHz

Compared with this machine (Dell Inspiron 15 i15RV-6143BLK), They both have:
- 5 pounds (Weight)
- 10.20 x 14.80 x 1 inches

But This...
Published 12 months ago by Hunter

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Pleased with this Dell Inspiron Touchscreen Laptop, August 26, 2013
This review is from: Dell Inspiron i15RV-6143BLK 15.6" Touchscreen Laptop 4GB 500GB Windows 8) Black Matte with Textured Finish (Personal Computers)
I've always had good experiences with Dell, so I decided to give it a shot. This Dell 15(3521) i15RV-6143BLK really ticked all of the boxes for me.

* It has the Intel Pentium Processor, which I've always preferred over an AMD.
* It has a decent amount of Memory with 4 Gigs - then 500GB Storage on the hard drive.
* This laptop has a DVD Burner (Dual Layer DVD+/-R Drive) - which was a nice bonus.
* It has a generous sized 15.6" screen - which is in HD (780p). I really don't need 1080p on a screen this size.
* All of the images are crisp and the colors are vibrant & bright. Great picture quality.
* It's very cool - having such a large screen - with Touch capabilities.
* The screen itself is very responsive to the touch of a fingertip & it's neat to do things 'sans mouse pad'.
* So far, the battery life on this laptop is very good. On a full charge, it goes for several hours - no problem.
* It's very slim & sleek. Light weight, too. The top has a textured design, which gives it a unique & classy look.
* There's an "8 in 1" Media Card Reader, which allows you to load photos or any data from older (or newer style) memory cards.
* It has Bluetooth capabilities and a decent audio system built in. (Waves Maxx Audio 4.0)
* Of course, there's a built in webcam at the top of the screen.
* There are Four USB 3.0 Ports - Three on the left side and one on the right.
* There's also an Ethernet Port, an HDMI Port & a standard AUX port on the sides of the keyboard.
* Even the keyboard itself makes me happy! It feels like quality. Typing is fluid & quiet.
* It has a separate number pad to the right of the keyboard - which I prefer on a laptop.
* The mouse pad is smooth - not textured, which for me is yet another little detail that puts this one over the top.

This comes with Windows 8 Pre-installed. Being this is my first experience with windows 8, I'm glad I paid a little more & got a "Touch Screen" - rather than a laptop with a traditional screen. It's really made my transition into Windows 8 more acceptable. Coming from Windows 7 and XP before that, it does take a little getting used to. That being said, this Dell Inspiron 15 has everything that I was looking for - and more. It's perfect for everyday computing and the touch screen makes it all the more attractive. It's so nice... I'm thinking of buying another one for my son... and keeping this one for myself!

4.0 out of 5 stars Very easy to use, September 1, 2013
I'd bought an Acer Aspire, but it was slow and very difficult to use, especially as I was getting used to Windows 8 as well. So after three days I returned it and ordered this Dell instead. Very smart decision. With this computer, I went from hating Windows 8 to loving it. The touchscreen is quick and sensitive, sometimes a bit too sensitive, but it switches between screens and apps quickly. There were not as many unnecessary apps, thus reducing clutter. The processer is very fast, with almost instantaneous switches from screen to screen. The computer itself is far sturdier, the mouse is great, and works all over the mouse pad, which is useful when trying to copy and paste. I also like the fact its smooth. The keyboard is smooth to type on. The only negatives I've found on this computer so far are both minor. The first is that the battery does not lie flat against the bottom of the computer, which makes it a little uncomfortable when sitting on your lap. The other is the mousepad, screen, and cover are very easily smudged. But overall, this is a great computer for the price, especially for someone like me who is not particularly computer-literate and just getting used to Windows 8. Its certainly far far better than the Acer I had before.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pleased overall, November 23, 2013
I've had this laptop for a little over a month now and I'm finally getting used to it. If I had it to do over again, I probably would skip getting the touchscreen. There are some quirks with this machine changing screens if you swipe the mouse too fast. That gets annoying. I do not like the Windows 8 platform, but that's not Dell's fault. The computer as a whole is good. Battery life is exceptional. Sound from the speakers is very good. The screen resolution is not as crisp as it was on my 5 year old Dell Vostro, however I'm guessing that is due to the touchscreen, another reason I would not get it again. The keys on the keyboard are spaced out more than on the older Inspiron/Vostro laptops, that just takes a little getting used to. One thing that bugs me on this machine-- if you sit with it on your lap and your wrists resting on it, the edges around the laptop are rather sharp, a slight design flaw...but again you get used to it after awhile. Powers up VERY quickly. Has a wonderful battery saving feature. Power cord plugs into the side and not the back of the machine...smart design change! Overall I'm very pleased with this purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Laptop, August 14, 2013
Windows 8 is fun. The touchscreen takes a little getting used to for those of us who do not have a smart phone. The keyboard is comfortable and responsive. All things considered, a nice entry level touchscreen laptop.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a great basic computer!!!, September 10, 2013
I would defenitely recommend this computer to any student that needs a basic computer for school. I look the touchscreen because its easier to use the Windows 8. Love it! It is easy to operate and so user friendly!!

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect for everyday use!, October 19, 2013
im using this laptop for college and its perfect! has a fast startup, touchscreen makes windows 8 easy to use, and overall its a very good laptop (:

5.0 out of 5 stars Quite a decent laptop, February 10, 2014
As someone who works in I.T., my previous computers over the years have either been home-built clones or slightly used laptops. I decided to purchase a laptop and did some exhaustive research into what I wanted. Performance, accessories, price and found that the Dell Inspiron 15 (3521) would meet my needs. Since I have had previous good dealings with Dell on the corporate side I decided to run with this.

Configuration was a snap but two issues worth noting: It only comes with 4 GB memory and is uses Windows 8. Anything more powerful than web surfing then you'll need at least another 8 GB that can be purchased in one stick and added without conflict along with the on board 4 GB. Another drawback is Windows 8. I urge you to download the free upgrade to Windows 8.1 and if you still miss the functionality of that Start Button, there are 3rd party apps that fill in nicely.

In short: Very decent laptop, have had no issues other then the above which aren't deal breakers. I would highly recommend this laptop.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Fast Laptop, August 25, 2013
I really like this laptop. The size is excellent and I really like the long battery life. Windows 8 has a bit of a learning curve but now that I have the hang of it I love it. I like the diamond texture of the system as well.

4.0 out of 5 stars Everything is as expected, August 15, 2013
For sure Dell is not so fancy as Sony or Apple, but it serves me very well for the purpose I need -home office. My old Dell Inspiron E1505 and Optiplex served me with no hardware problems for a decade. So I believe their products are reliable.

5.0 out of 5 stars So Cool and So Easy!, August 17, 2013
We bought this for our son and we love it! One of the easiest computers I have ever purchased. We will be purchasing a second one for our daughter.

Rate and Discover Movies