4.0 out of 5 stars Good Laptop for a Good Price
Got this laptop for $600 including taxes for Black Friday. This is a pretty good laptop with good configuration. The cover and the mouse are finger print sensitive. The mouse does not work and gets stuck some times and the processor is good for the price.

UPDATE 03/08/2014

Published 12 months ago by TecGeek

1.0 out of 5 stars 6 Hours on Tech Support
I have had several Dell computers in the past, so I expected this one to be as good as the others. I was wrong.

Published 9 months ago by Jeanette S Cates, PhD

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars 6 Hours on Tech Support, April 18, 2014
This review is from: Dell Inspiron i15RV-8574BLK 15.6-Inch Laptop (1.6 GHz Intel Core i5-4200U Processor, 6GB DDR3L, 750GB HDD, Windows 8) Black (Personal Computers)

The networking card would not connect to my wireless network. Searching online I found out this was a common issue for new Dells out of the box. I followed the advice of several sites, downloading software (on the computer in the office down the hall) and installing it on this one. No luck.

I called Tech Support. The first woman was confused that she could not connect to my computer to diagnose the problem. I explained that WAS the problem. Two hours later she decided to transfer me to the networking group - and hung up.

I called back. This woman assured me that there was no need for the networking group. She could handle it. She told me it was my router, my service provider, and just about anything else she could think of, none of which worked. Two hours later she said her shift was ending and she set an appointment to call me back the next day.

She did not call. After waiting another two hours, I called Tech Support for the third time. This man assured me that he could fix the two issues - it would not connect with the wireless networking and the Dell 2405FPW external monitor I had would not show the proper resolution. By the end of his two hours, he had told me it was MY fault for buying the wrong computer that wouldn't work with the Dell monitor. (In spite of the online literature that told me Dell has never updated their drivers for that monitor.) And that he would be glad to have me send in the computer, wait a week, and see if they could fix it.

I requested a refund. Then I had to jump through the hoops with two different supervisors reiterating that it was MY fault for ordering a computer without a separate graphics card. And that they would be happy to see if they could fix the networking card if only I would spend a week without my computer.

Not only was I disappointed that I spent so much time trying to work out this issue, but I was also insulted that they put the blame on me Whatever happened to the idea that the customer is always right? I will never buy another Dell - nor will most of my friends, after seeing what I went through.

Check my other reviews to see which computer I bought instead - and love!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Laptop for a Good Price, February 4, 2014

UPDATE 03/08/2014

I just installed Windows 8.1 Update 1 and the laptop starts up much faster and the response time to programs has also improved. So, if your PC is slow when you installed Windows 8.1, install Update 1 and test it out yourself.

Here is the link for downloading Windows 8.1 Update 1:

64-Bit OS: [...]

After you unzip the files, you will have 6 different updates and install them in the following order:

KB2919442
KB2939087
KB2932046
KB2919355
KB2938439
KB2937592

3.0 out of 5 stars Dell Inspiron Laptop, May 14, 2014
Unit works fine, not the best of it but performance is according to what I paid for. Mouse pad left button extremely loud compared to other laptops. The computers case gets greasy very easily do to its texture like finish.

2.0 out of 5 stars Crashed after three months, March 23, 2014
After installing Windows 8.1, the computers hard drive crashed and would not reboot. Dell is going to replace the hard drive or the whole thing for me, but I lost some of my work. It will take 7-10 business days to receive my replacement laptop. I like the Toshiba that I have had for years better than the Dell.

4.0 out of 5 stars No VGA or Bluetooth, April 23, 2014
Christian F. (Caracas, Venezuela) - See all my reviews
First of all this is an excellent-value laptop, very snappy, and light.

If you're like me, and have an extra monitor lying around and want the versatility of dual screen, you wouldn't be able to use it immediately since it has no VGA or DVI port, only HDMI. That problem is easily solvable with a cheap dongle from AmazonBasics, doesn't have Bluetooth either, also solvable :)

get these accesories and convert this laptop to an ideal powerhorse.

HDMI to DVI adapter http://amzn.to/QxXKjb
HDMI to VGA adapter http://amzn.to/RLzBX6
HDMI to VGA monitor cable http://amzn.to/1rkB8Qh (compatible with 1080p)
Mini Bluetoth adapter http://amzn.to/1mDWclc

Obviously the star i removed was the lack of the VGA/DVI port, that's something for me very necessary to hook up to a projector when giving speeches, working with dual pane display, etc

I repeat once you get the adapter this comes out to be an excellent laptop, great buy

BTW: If you want the same laptop but in a 17 inch display, here it is http://amzn.to/1nGx76H

4.0 out of 5 stars Model is fast and excellent for everyday work at home as a laptop or ..., August 8, 2014
Model is fast and excellent for everyday work at home as a laptop or out of state work on the road. The laptop came automatically with 8.1 on my particular ordered computer. It updated and registered quickly online. It is very awkward learning a new OS and this one Is by far the hardest to get used to. I had to call dell to work with me thru an unlocking process which turned out to require a reformat/reboot to clear my log in screen password that didn't register with Microsoft online. Other than that, the computer is certainly excellent for the price and what it can do. Finally, I don't like how sticky the spacebar is. Im finding myself requiring to hit it more than once on occasion to space my words.

4.0 out of 5 stars good in the end, July 8, 2014
some technical issues, but very responsive technical support, good in the end.

5.0 out of 5 stars Its a nice laptop, June 1, 2014
This laptop is recommended as its light weight & performs really well. Its sleek and super fast. This is really a great laptop for general use or to do some real work.

5.0 out of 5 stars excelente Laptop Dell, October 13, 2014
excellent product, expected. Met all my expectation as to the technical characteristics of the product. The same came in excellent condition without any problem. very good machine. Recommended. Thank you.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good computer. I wish the mouse buttons were quieter ..., August 18, 2014
Good computer. I wish the mouse buttons were quieter though. And I had a hard time hooking it up to an external monitor, even though my 13" Dell Inspiron worked with the monitor without any issues.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›