5.0 out of 5 stars Does what I need it to
Published 23 months ago by Dre

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful Dell customer service
Published 20 months ago by Luigi1717

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what I need it to, September 6, 2012
This review is from: Dell Inspiron i17R-2105SLV 17-Inch Laptop (Silver) (Personal Computers)
I bought this pc mainly because I ditched cable recently and needed a pc with a powerful processor to be able to convert and transmit streaming video to my roku box. The older model compaq that I had simply wasn't getting the job done but this beast does it without a hitch. The 17" screen is beautiful and the colors look great. It's really light and built sturdy and thus far i've had no issues with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't be happier..., October 4, 2012
JK_Goat (Manassas, Va.) - See all my reviews
I upgraded from a tired old Acer laptop, so this is like a Cadillac to me. Nice, big keyboard, big brilliant display, great integrated sound. All good stuff. I just uninstalled all the bloatware it comes with that loads when Windows loads, and I've freed up a good amount of the 6GB RAM on the laptop to use for audio recording and video import/editing. Great deal for what you get, I highly recommend it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful Dell customer service, November 27, 2012
I purchased an Inspiron 17R in September 2011 as my son was a high school freshman in a STEM program and had to have a computer. The day it arrived, it worked fine except that it would randomly shut down. The problem continued so I called customer service. They performed various diagnostics and tried some things like updating the BIOS. That did not fix the problem. More calls, more troubleshooting, and failed attempts to fix my computer via remote connection to tech support in India. After a couple of months, Dell Technical Support dispatched a technician to my house to replace some parts. This did not fix the computer. More calls, troubleshooting, etc and the technician was sent back to my house to replace more parts. The computer still shut down randomly. After more calls, troubleshooting, etc, Dell sent me a postage paid box to send the computer to their repair center. It came back 10 days later and still shut down randomly. In all, Dell sent a technician to my house to replace parts on 4 different occasions and had me ship my computer off to the repair center 4 times. After the 5th failed repair attempt, I asked for the computer to be replaced, but was told by customer support that they would not replace it because it was repairable. The 1-year warranty has now expired and Dell has told me I need to purchase an extended warranty to receive any more service. In my final call with customer service last weekend where I asked to speak to a supervisor and then to his supervisor, I explained how the computer has not worked for the year that I owned it and it still suffers from the same problem it had the day I received it. He pointed to a follow up phone call 3 days after getting the laptop back from the last attempted repair after the warranty ended where I said it was working. He said it was fixed. I pointed out that a few days later it shut down. The shut downs are random. It works for 5 days, then will shut down 2 times during one hour of use. He said in his view, because it worked for several days, it was fixed and then suffered a new problem outside of the warranty. I told him how my son is now a sophomore and has trouble using the computer for homework with the lost work following shut downs and can't use it for online quizzes that must be completed in a single session. His answer was "I am sorry to hear that." And so ended my 14-month ordeal with Dell customer support. It would be a funny story if I did not lose the money on the laptop and spend so many hours over the last year trying to resolve the issue. My son's birthday is in 9 days and he wants a computer. The 17R could be a very good computer, but if it has a problem, Dell customer service is so awful that a successful repair is unlikely. The supervisor seemed to feel that because they had done so much work on the computer, they had done their job, failing to see the difference between working on the computer and actually fixing the computer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love my laptop, September 12, 2012
Originally bought this laptop to play WOW on and its awesome. Love the graphics, the fact that is new and fast not like my last laptop.

3.0 out of 5 stars help/advice with this purchase, June 18, 2013
bought this computer for my parents for a christmas present in 2012.....have had nothing but trouble with this computer for the past 3 months turing off with no warning....slow start up.....and now, to boot, we don't have the start up programs to reload the system and start from scratch...any suggestions would be much appreciated....

4.0 out of 5 stars Dell Inspiron i17R-2105SLV 17-Inch Laptop, May 26, 2013
It runs well and the large screen is a big plus. Meets the needs I have for teaching on-line courses and organizing on-campus classes.

The only negative is that it is heavier then I would have liked.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice laptop, February 7, 2013
This is a great laptop! It has an awsome display and is very fast. The battery life could be better but other than that I like it very much

4.0 out of 5 stars Pink computer, November 26, 2012
This laptop met all my expectations for speed and ease of us. What was great, was how easy it was to transfer my pictures & documents from my old computer. The start up help package was very easy to use and the phone support has been good. Once I can get hold of someone, that is. I've not been able to get directly to new customer support, which has been frustrating. I am not that sophisticated technologically, so having such minimal problem getting started has been great!

5.0 out of 5 stars NEW DELL, November 18, 2012
My last laptop, HP 17 " died and the computer store operator suggested this 17"dell Inspiron for durability. It arrived early and is still running. Would recommend you take a look.
oot much of a review but thats all you get

5.0 out of 5 stars Dell Inspiron 17 inch Laptop Personal Computer (Blue), November 16, 2012
The 17 inch screen is a great size and the picture is clear as a bell! My husband uses it for businness and rates it 5 stars. It does not get hot when in use...the quiet fan comes on as needed. This laptop has a lot of memory and he recommends it highly.

Rate and Discover Movies