5.0 out of 5 stars I don't know what most other reviewers are complaining about
I was disappointed to see the total of one and a half star from the previous reviews when this computer was on the way. Maybe the low expectation gave me a better satisfaction. I really don't have any of the major problems people were complaining about.

Published on July 19, 2012 by M633

The manufacturer commented on the review below
2.0 out of 5 stars Issues
Published on March 1, 2012 by Grizzly_Atoms

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Issues, March 1, 2012
This review is from: Dell Inspiron io2320-3333BK 23" Touchscreen All-in-One Desktop PC i3 3.3GHz 6GB 500GB AIO (Personal Computers)
I've had Dell computers exclusively since the 90s without any problems. I was considering an iMac, but couldn't justify the premium for what I needed a computer for. So I bought the Inspiron One 2320 as a compromise. It's been running for a few months now and it's had several issues. The first issue was when it was shutting down it would hang up and never power off. I was finally able to boot up in safe mode and get it running again, but for some reason the cooling fan would stay running on high (very loud) continually after that. I made a call to tech support in India where I tried to explain the issue. People in India are very nice, but there is just no substitute for a native speaker when trying to explain issues like that. It was very time consuming and frustrating, additionally, at every opportunity or tech support operator change they would try and sell me some bloat-ware POS. With their help I was finally able to update the BIOS and now the fan is quiet again.

The other issue is build quality. The plastic pieces are loose and several times a day the computer starts vibrating very loudly. Some days I set it one some socks which stops it for a while, other days I use duct tape and tape the back in a certain way to stop it. This certainly isn't the most expensive computer on the market, but it wasn't a $250 el-cheapo either. For the price paid and my past experience with Dell I expected much more and I'm pretty disappointed. This WILL be the last Dell that I own, I just hope it lasts for a few more years, but based on what I've experienced so far I'm not holding my breath.

Posted on Aug 28, 2012 10:32:10 AM PDT
Hey VectorZ,

I am sorry to hear that you did not have an exceptional experience with the Dell Inspiron One 2320. I understand your frustrations with the cooling fan, technical support, and build quality. I am glad to hear that our Technical Support team was able to find a solution for you. One really great way to contact us is to reach out to our Online Support Teams at:
* Dell Community Forums - New to the Community: http://dell.to/GY65Xz
* You can contact our Dell Cares Team on Twitter (@DellCares): http://bit.ly/Hhh2SQ
* If you don't have a Twitter account, you can also go to Dell's Facebook Support Form: http://bit.ly/HlJ9LZ
A Facebook account is not required to use this form. You will be asked to provide your Name, service tag, email address and a brief description of the issue.

We appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback as it will help us improve our products and services in the future. Thank you for choosing Dell, and I hope that you will give us another opportunity to provide you with quality computers and services.

AnthonyforDell

1.0 out of 5 stars Dell Service is Inferior, February 18, 2012
I purchased the previous version to this, the Inspiron 2305, about four months ago. It died with a puff of smoke. I was sent one of these Inspiron 2320s as a refurbished unit and it lasted one hour. At that point Dell shipped me another refurbished 2305. Both replacement units did not have the full software suite that was on my original unit. I have made many phone calls, gone through several different people, and not gotten anything for which I asked. Dell is not the computer you want to own if you have a problem.

Posted on Aug 28, 2012 1:24:15 PM PDT
Hello Raymond Mercier,

Thank you for providing us with your feedback on your Dell purchase. Sorry to hear that you did not have a great out-of-box experience with the Inspiron 2305 All-in-One. When products are released, there are bound to be hiccups once they leave our testing environment, some of which we can't predict. Our Tech Support and Care Team are supposed to be able to offer you assistance to help you receive a full resolution when problems arise. I apologize that you did not receive great service.

Please allow us the opportunity to help you get your system the way it should be by reaching out to our Social Support Team directly. They will be able to assess, diagnose and resolve your concerns ASAP!
Social Support Team Contact: Twitter - @DellCares (http://bit.ly/Hhh2SQ); Dell Community Forum (http://dell.to/GY65Xz); Dell Facebook (http://bit.ly/HlJ9LZ).

We are here to listen and respond to our customers' needs and I hope that we can turn this around for you. Again, thank you for your feedback, and have a great day - GinaVAtDell.

1.0 out of 5 stars Pile of Junk - ridiculous, June 7, 2012
What a piece of crap - I've used Dell in the workplace for about 15 years. Based on that history I decided to try this A-1 model when it came time to replace my aging Sony. What a mistake. I'm truly confused by the people who give this five stars - I'd give it MINUS FIVE STARS if that was an option. If you're looking for a computer that:
1 - cannot operate I-Tunes - then buy this computer.
2 - cannot play a DVD without locking up - then this is your baby.
3 - locks up while on the internet - without being on any particluar website - then buy this computer
4 - if you like the color blue while it locks up - you will enjoy the blank blue monitor. Leave it on forever, it won't fix itself.
5 - if you like to make friends on other continents - you will like the CSRs who tell you its perfectly normal for the computer to lock up like that.
6 - if you like to give Dell your money for no good reason - you will have fun with CSRs who's only interest is to sell you an additional warranty.

If these things appeal to you then, yes, by all means, buy this computer. If not, get an HP or any other computer. I gave this door stop, boat anchor to my mother (all she does is send e-mails and play solitaire) and even she doesn't like it. Sorry, mom - i thought it would work out for you.

Don't even try to get someone at Dell to listen. Who are you going to call? The only support number you have is the International Support Team and according to them, all of the above is ok. Piece of crap, pile of junk (repeat).

Posted on Aug 28, 2012 10:29:01 AM PDT
@awm,

I am sorry to hear that you did not have a good experience with your Inspiron One 2320 and Dell Technical Support. This is not the kind of experience we want our customers to have. Please reach out to our social media team so we can collect some details and help you out. They can be reached on Facebook (http://dell.to/OO2MDG), Twitter (@DellCares: http://dell.to/Tgt5D7) or on the Dell Community Forum (dell.to/NjitjZ).

I apologize again that your experience was not exceptional. I hope that you give us an opportunity to look into this for you and help you out.

-SaraTforDell

1.0 out of 5 stars Should be a -5 star, June 11, 2012
I bought this thing hoping to run a little graphics prblishing comp in Sept of 2011. Since I bought it Dell has replaced the mother board two times and they have replaced the hard drive twice. I am on Social Seceruty and although I only spent $800.00 for this hunk of crap, is it a LOT of money to me. All the techs are in India and altoough they seem to know their business and are really nice people, I cant understand them.
Presently, I am having a problem with loadig the drivers for my new printer (I can load them on my 8 year old compact laptop) and now the Dell will not reconize my canon camera (so I cant import pictures ....... so how does one run a graphics like that ????) Two weeks ago, Dell advanced tech level said they were going to replact this thing and they would call me to keep me informed o fthe progress. I have yet to receive a phone call so last night, I checked their progress (Takes them about 2 weeks to build one of their computers) on support.dell.com, entered the order number and got a massage that the order had been cancles !!!!!! WTF !!! So I got a tech on a chat line, after about 35 minutes, he tells me ... he dosen't know why it was cancled and to call "Dell customer support care service" (very miss-leading), I call this AM and am told to call back in two hours as they are "servicing" their systems. No kidding, fixing their own systems.
I bought a two year service option and Dell has been to my place 3 times with re-furb parts so I cam keep calling them for the next two years and having them replace parts ...... or I can go to WalMart and get a $300.00 E-Machine, which will be a real upgrade from Dell

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent performance, but screen/graphics are so-so and quality is iffy, June 29, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
To set the stage, I was given the incredible privilege to audition this product for free. I was very excited to have the opportunity and looked forward to getting it. That said, I'm now wondering if I'm going to keep it hooked up. It has some really nice aspects, but there are some negative issues that I'm not sure that I can overlook. For free, I find myself on the fence. Had I spent $700+ on it, though, I'd be very disappointed. Given the quality issues (see below and other reviews), combined with the fact that this model is no longer being made (Dell has a newer version), I don't recommend this unless you can get it for ~$400 and are willing to take the risk on quality.

I'm going to guess that if you are in the market for an all-in-one desktop, you aren't looking for top-end performance or the ability to upgrade the hardware later on because you aren't going to get either. These are made to be easy to use, and they are neither thoroughbreds or for the casual upgrader who wants to put in a new graphics card and such (btw, swapping out the hard drive would be pretty easy, and adding memory looks doable for most people).

Okay, you give up performance and upgradeability and pay for the ease of use, so - is it easy to use? Well...if everything worked correctly, then yes. The design is intended to be very easy to set up, and there aren't cables running everywhere. It could be very easy, and that's the intent. However, read the reviews here, and you'll quickly see that you're taking a risk with this model in regards to quality issues and things not working. For example, right out of the box, my stand wouldn't adjust - so I couldn't set it up. I spent over an hour taking it apart and troubleshooting it, with my brand new screen sitting on the wrapper face down on the floor, which isn't what you want from a brand new product. I'm fairly comfortable taking electronics apart, but I can't begin to imagine what my parents would have been thinking if they'd gotten this (okay, I can...it would have been shipped back the next day).

After getting it fixed and set up, though, things have gone pretty smoothly. My two main gripes are (a) it's kind of loud, from the fan to the disk drive to even the screen buzzing, and I expect new computers to be quiet because they get louder with time as things wear out, and (b) the display quality is only so-so, with a very reflective screen, poor off-axis visibility, and not-so-great integrated graphics. For me, those are two major issues. After all, I can't use this thing without looking at the screen, and I'm using it close enough to hear it.

But, hey, it's not all bad. :) That's why I'm torn on it, because it does have some good features.

Pros:
- Pretty decent CPU performance. The second generation Core i3 in this is near the bottom of Intel's offerings, but it's no slouch for a lot of things. If you haven't bought a new computer in a while, you might be amazed at what the "low end" processors are like these days.
- Nice screen size. 23" is a good amount of real estate.
- The speakers are surprisingly good, IMO. I'm using it on my desk, so I don't need to crank them, but the quality is very good. I have external speakers for games and music, but the built-in speakers work very well for casual listening when watching videos and such.
- Good quality webcam. I was surprised by how well I liked it. Also, it has the added bonus that it has a privacy screen that easily slides in front of the camera. So, if you're worried about someone remotely turning on the camera or simply leaving it on by accident, that screen has you covered.
- Wireless keyboard and mouse, and wireless N wifi. The only cord that you really need is for power, and that's cool.
- You can use it as a monitor for other computers or video devices. To me, this is huge. For example, I have my laptop connected to the HDMI input and my desktop to the VGA connection. While I wish that it had a DVI input, just being able to use it as a display is great. It took Apple years to get that feature into their iMacs.
- Good connectivity in general. Video and audio inputs/outputs are good, and it has six USB ports and a card reader.
- The touch screen is kinda cool. Probably not very useful for most people, but still kinda cool. :) It shows finger prints/swipe marks easily, but so does every other touch screen that I own, so I can't dock it for that.
- Hardly any Dell bloatware comes on it. It comes with Dell utilities, but I find them handy.

Cons:
- Quality control. Just read the reviews here, and you'll get a sense of it. I haven't had mine long enough to notice anything breaking down, but when I first unpacked it, the stand wouldn't adjust more than about half an inch (which isn't far enough for it to stand upright). Long story short, it was because the spring tension was too high on the internal mechanism. Had I not been mechanically inclined, and willing to spend over an hour disassembling and troubleshooting a new computer, it would have gone back in the box. Very surprising to me that issue got past inspection. But, the stand I could fix, unlike the small piece of debris that is underneath the glass of the display. It's small, but noticeable enough to annoy me.
- Noise. The fan in this thing isn't necessarily loud (yet), but it has a buzz to it that's a bit annoying. Because I took the back off to fix the stand, I could see the fan easily - and it sure looks like they could have put a larger and quieter one in this. My concern is that fans tend to get louder with time, and to have it be loud from day one isn't a good sign. Also, the screen buzzes sometimes, and the hard drive noise is louder than I'd expect.
- The screen is highly reflective, which is a problem in my office with a window off to the side. I mention the screen because all of the pictures on Amazon, at least to me, make the screen look like it has a mat finish. It definitely does not.
- Very poor off-axis visibility. Straight on, it looks great, but from an angle, the visibility drops off significantly.
- It vibrates and causes my desk to hum. The vibration is barely noticeable when touching the case, so it seems like the issue wouldn't exist had they put a little isolation on the base of the stand and feet. The new design uses a more conventional monitor stand, which might get rid of this issue.
- The stand and feet aren't horrible, but they don't allow for much adjustment on the display. You definitely can't adjust the height of it. You can buy stands that will attach to the VESA mount, but you'll need to take the stand off to use them. Again, the new design looks better for this.

So, I obviously don't recommend it at the current price of over $700. It has some really nice features, and it could have been a home run for Dell - but the fairly poor screen, noise level, and quality control issues make me say pass on this. If you can get one for $400 or less, it might be worth it.

UPDATE July 7, 2012: I'm now running this as a regular desktop with a monitor connected to the VGA output and the main display turned off. I also have it sitting on the floor and not on my desk. Two things that I want to note: (1) the graphics are very good over VGA, and my monitor doesn't have the screen issues that the built in display has and (2) there's zero hum from the case now that it's on the carpet. As a computer, it does very well (still not a powerhouse gaming machine due to the integrated graphics, but very good for daily tasks). So, I still won't recommend this in the $700+ range because you're paying for the display, but if you have one already or can get one fairly inexpensively, it makes for a good "desktop" once you connect it to an external monitor.

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst computer I have ever bought., May 15, 2012
Bought this for Christmas 2011. From almost day one the screen would go blank and I'd have to reboot to be able to use it. Less than 5 months of owning it, it will not boot (can't even get into the bios). I contacted Dell and they refuse to take it back. I've always had good luck with dell, but was lucky enough not to have to deal with customer service. This was my third dell and now last. I guess if you need a boat anchor, buy one.

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY THIS MACHINE, July 21, 2012
I bought my all-in-one Dell Inspiron on May 23, 2011 from Amazon. It did swell things and my husband, who used it to play card games and pay bills, was happy. On June 23, 2012 - one month to the day when the warranty ran out on May 23, 2012 - the hard drive crashed. After a weeks worth of hours and hours on the phone with the Dell technicians, and $59 charge for the operating system disk they shipped to me, they finally figured out the hard drive crashed. (I told them this the first time I spoke with them.) They wanted me to buy another hard drive - $130 - and have a local technicians install it. I told them no-thank you, and that I would NEVER buy another Dell product. Very dissatisfied customer.

Posted on Aug 3, 2012 9:43:51 AM PDT
Hi Marilyn,

It is unfortunate that you had a hard drive issue just outside of your base 1-Year warranty period. I would mention that hard drives are complex and fine-tuned devices that are often listed as a culprit among the low rate of failures with all brands of computers sold today. I have seen hard drives fail within the first few weeks and others last for many years. It seems that our technicians did try to assist you outside of the warranty period and naturally, any parts or services beyond that would incur some sort of cost. Dell does offer extended warranties for up to 4 years from the date of purchase, for our systems as well.

If it were me, since the Dell technicians confirmed your suspicions about a bad drive, I would purchase my own hard drive and use the free articles and manuals from support.dell.com and resources on the Dell Community Forums for advice/guidance on how to setup this drive in the system. I assume that you were making regular backups and from these and therefore you could transfer your personal data over to the new drive in no time, using the Dell DataSafe software.

How to use DataSafe Backups - http://dell.to/OFNY7N
Dell Community Forums - http://dell.to/aHPRcX

Take care!
JonathanNforDell

5.0 out of 5 stars I don't know what most other reviewers are complaining about, July 19, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)

I've bought two HP TouchSmart, cheaper than the price of this computer, but they came only with 20" touch screens. This one is with 23" screen and it makes you feel very comfortable to view your documents and videos on it. Because it's big, I can put it at a distance and still see it comfortably. The problem with having it at a distance is that I don't get to touch it. I did play with the touch screen at the beginning and I don't like seeing the fingerprints all over the screen. There isn't much to touch about with Windows 7 anyway. If I want to touch, I would upgrade to Windows 8, which is made for touch screen more than Windows 7. So I just use it as a regular monitor screen.

The sound is powerful--loud and clear. It comes with two built-in JBL speakers that gives me high quality sound that I enjoy watching YouTube and other video programs with it. Watching a movie with it is like sitting in front of a theater because of the rich colors and sounds.

I do have a little complaint about the keyboard and mouse. They feel cheap. Dell failed to make a good impression with this machine by providing cheap feeling keyboard and mouse. The mouse is jumpy sometimes, and the keyboard is sticky sometimes. That would turn many users off. The feel of the keyboard and mouse should be the priority of any computer producers because the are the main human interfaces, other than the screen. IBM/Lenovo is famous for their comfortable keyboards. Why can't Dell copy the idea? But over all, they are satisfactory.

The processor is more powerful than what is needed for most office applications. It plays videos smoothly and I've also done a few video editing on this computer and it was powerful enough to get the projects done.

I've been using this computer at my office daily for over a month now and I've nothing much to complain about it.

==Update==
I've found out that the occasional keyboard and the mouse problems are caused by my cordless phone running at the same frequency. I have to keep my cordless phone at a certain position to keep it from interfering my mouse.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice machine for home, October 24, 2012
I was looking for a all in one desktop for home purpose and then i came across Dell Inspiron io2320-3333BK. I got the delivery real quick and when i started workin on it, i just loved it. Touch screen works nicely and the performance of the machine is good as well. The only thing i didnt is the keyboard and mouse came with it, those are the worst keyboard and mouse i have ever used but overall i like this machine.

1.0 out of 5 stars DON'T BUY THIS PRODUCT, September 22, 2012
Don't Purchase an Inspiron 2320, or for that matter any Dell Product. I have owned this computer for less than 1 year and already 2 hard drives have failed. The last one only lasted 3 weeks. I contacted Dell Customer Support and demanded a refund but they refused, saying the only thing they could do is replace the hard drive a third time under warranty. See the link below, apart from the bad reviews on Amazon, there are ton's of bad review on Dell's own website. Dell needs to do the right thing and refund everyon's money that bought this computer. Unacceptable.
[...]

Posted on Sep 25, 2012 8:27:01 AM PDT
Hello,

Sorry to hear that you did not have a great experience with the Inspiron 2320 All-in-One. We value your feedback and would like the opportunity to try and correct the issues. I do understand that the hard drive has failed twice. Without your valuable inputs we will not be able to improve. Our Engineering teams read customer reviews everyday and work on problems that our customers post. Apart from regular tech support there are other ways to get in touch with us. I would suggest you to get in touch with any of our Social Media support teams at:

* Dell Community Forums - New to the Community: http://dell.to/GY65Xz

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience!
VikramNforDell